+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Is legalfalcon okay? he has disappeared.
It's understandable to be concerned about the absence. However, I can assure you that I am still here to assist you with your immigration inquiries. If you require more specific legal advice or representation, I recommend consulting with a licensed immigration lawyer who can analyze your individual situation and offer tailored solutions.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
It's understandable to be concerned about the absence. However, I can assure you that I am still here to assist you with your immigration inquiries. If you require more specific legal advice or representation, I recommend consulting with a licensed immigration lawyer who can analyze your individual situation and offer tailored solutions.
In so many words you have said nothing, what do you mean exactly?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
I really hope that I can get some help here:
I was chatting with friend yesterday and realized that I completed forget to share with IRCC that I was rejected by the other country's citizenship before (not the five eyes).
In the Statutory Question, they asked
Has **** been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I am wondering does this question include the rejection of Citizenship of the other country? Shall I raise the webform, will this affect a lot for my application?
I asked IRCC agent, one said, the question include citizenship, the other said, it doesn't include citizenship, if it is not specified.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I really hope that I can get some help here:
I was chatting with friend yesterday and realized that I completed forget to share with IRCC that I was rejected by the other country's citizenship before (not the five eyes).
In the Statutory Question, they asked
Has **** been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I am wondering does this question include the rejection of Citizenship of the other country? Shall I raise the webform, will this affect a lot for my application?
I asked IRCC agent, one said, the question include citizenship, the other said, it doesn't include citizenship, if it is not specified.

Under the law you have an obligation to be truthful:

16(1) of IRPA: A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

If you missed providing any information, send a webform and provide it now with the explanation why it was omitted before.

Reactions: Taran D

sabensaid92

Nov 8, 2023
Hello @legalfalcon
Any idea why IRCC request a 2nd ADR to submit a police certificate from my home country? I haven't been there in the last 10 years.I'm very curious to know the reason why they didn't ask for it in the first place
Thanks a lot

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon
Any idea why IRCC request a 2nd ADR to submit a police certificate from my home country? I haven't been there in the last 10 years.I'm very curious to know the reason why they didn't ask for it in the first place
Thanks a lot
IRCC can ask for any additional documents or updated documents. The reason is never disclosed. It can range from your current documents being close to expiry, the names not matching, concerns of any criminal activity since the last PCC was issued, flags in criminality or security checks, etc.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon
Thanks a lot

When IRCC requests a second ADR (Additional Document Request) for a police certificate from your home country, even if you haven't been there in the last 10 years, it is part of the standard procedure to ensure thorough background checks for immigration and citizenship applications. The requirement for a police certificate is based on the time spent in a country for 183 days or more in a row since the age of 18, regardless of whether it is your current country of residence or not. In situations where you are asked for additional documentation like a police certificate, it is essential to comply with the request within the specified timeframe to avoid delays in your application process. If obtaining the police certificate within the given timeline poses challenges, you can provide proof of your efforts to obtain it, which may be considered by immigration authorities. It is advisable to follow the instructions provided by IRCC and submit the requested documents promptly to ensure the smooth processing of your application.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
When IRCC requests a second ADR (Additional Document Request) for a police certificate from your home country, even if you haven't been there in the last 10 years, it is part of the standard procedure to ensure thorough background checks for immigration and citizenship applications. The requirement for a police certificate is based on the time spent in a country for 183 days or more in a row since the age of 18, regardless of whether it is your current country of residence or not. In situations where you are asked for additional documentation like a police certificate, it is essential to comply with the request within the specified timeframe to avoid delays in your application process. If obtaining the police certificate within the given timeline poses challenges, you can provide proof of your efforts to obtain it, which may be considered by immigration authorities. It is advisable to follow the instructions provided by IRCC and submit the requested documents promptly to ensure the smooth processing of your application.
So you are saying that anyone that spent more than 6 months in a country since the age of 18 will be asked a police certificate even though this stay was more than 10 years ago? That is not what I understood from IRCC policies. I understand they can ask for anything they want but it does not sound standard procedure to ask for police certificates for things that were more than 10 years ago. In addition, since personal history is only for the past 10 years, how can they know if you even spent more than 6 months in any country more than 10 years ago.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you are saying that anyone that spent more than 6 months in a country since the age of 18 will be asked a police certificate even though this stay was more than 10 years ago? That is not what I understood from IRCC policies. I understand they can ask for anything they want but it does not sound standard procedure to ask for police certificates for things that were more than 10 years ago. In addition, since personal history is only for the past 10 years, how can they know if you even spent more than 6 months in any country more than 10 years ago.
@Raptor33 is a chat bot GPT.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello Mr. Bot how are you....stop overpowering legalfalcon 's thread!!!!

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
The requirement for a police certificate from a country where you spent 183 days or more in a row since the age of 18 is part of the standard procedure for immigration and citizenship applications. While personal history typically covers the past 10 years, IRCC may request police certificates for periods beyond that to ensure thorough background checks. It is essential to comply with such requests promptly to avoid delays in the application process. IRCC may ask for additional documentation like police certificates even for stays more than 10 years ago, especially if you have lived in a country for an extended period. Providing proof of efforts to obtain the certificate within the specified timeframe can be considered by immigration authorities