+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
nidakh said:
Hi Asivad,

Our's is kind of a strange situation if not unique!

My husband came to Canada on an ICT visa and I accompanied him on an Open Work Permit valid until March 2017.

In our PR application I am the primary and my husband is the accompanying spouse (FSW) and we received an ITA on 16th November. His company is in the process of renewing our VISAs currently. The problem is I recently got a job in Montreal and I and our one year old daughter shifted here, while he is still in Toronto as he is on a closed work permit.

Our current goal is to be with each other as soon as possible as it is monetarily but more emotionally a very tough situation. I was thinking if we don't renew our visas through his company and wait to get BOWP for both of us, then he would be free to look for a job in Montreal sooner than later.

Any suggestions would help?? Any options we can't think of?? Is his company renewing our VISAs the only option??

Also does my taking up a job in Montreal effect my intent for Express Entry in any way??

Thanks
EDITED:

Okay, per my understanding -

1) You can apply for a BOWP if your application has passed the R10 check.
2) Your spouse can apply for an OWP on grounds of being a dependent on a PR application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you are in one of the following situations:

Permanent residence applicants who have applied to an office in Canada,
Dependent family members of some permanent residence applicants,
Spouses and common-law partners of some workers and international students,
Refugees, refugee claimants, protected persons and their family members,
Some temporary resident permit holders, or
Some young workers participating in special programs.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

However, one of the requirements of the Express Entry program is to "intend" to live outside the province of Qubec. I am not quite sure how much your residence in Qubec will affect your BOWP process and/or your PR application.

Can someone please add to this discussion?

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
Dear Asivad Anac,

As I plan to count my internship as working experience and HR is unlikely to issue a reference letter on that, can I ask that from my immediate supervisor who is the head of translation for my department?

He is willing to do so, would use a paper with corpoate logo and letter head etc., and sign (but no seal).

Is that sufficient? Or should this also be notorized?

Thanks for your help!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jianxia15 said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

As I plan to count my internship as working experience and HR is unlikely to issue a reference letter on that, can I ask that from my immediate supervisor who is the head of translation for my department?

He is willing to do so, would use a paper with corpoate logo and letter head etc., and sign (but no seal).

Is that sufficient? Or should this also be notorized?

Thanks for your help!
Should suffice assuming it has all the details required by IRCC.

naija-kanadian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Hello Asivad
Kudos for the great work you do here
Please I have a query.when creating my profile ,I listed my spouse as non accompanying but now I have Ontario nomination.i would like to include her .can this lead to a rejection even though my recalculated CRS is still above 400 for the Ontario nomination
Thank you

jianxia15

Jun 6, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Should suffice assuming it has all the details required by IRCC.
Thanks again!

Another question concerning my work.

The Employment Requirement for NOC 5125 says that

"A university degree in translation with a specialization in translation, interpretation or terminology in two languages including at least one of the two official languages
or
A university degree in a related discipline such as languages, linguistics, philology and courses in linguistic transfer and two years' experience as a full-time translator working in two languages, at least one of which is an official language"

However, I got my BA in English Language and Literature in June 2011, and started working as an intern from October 2012 while doing MA.

Would that disqualify me from practicing NOC 5125 Translator?

At present, I have entered June 2011 for the question "date from which XXX became qualified for practice this profession" in the EE profile. Should I change that to April 2016 when I had two year full-time experience? Would that turn my working experience before that invalid?

Thanks for your help!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
jianxia15 said:
Thanks again!

Another question concerning my work.

The Employment Requirement for NOC 5125 says that

"A university degree in translation with a specialization in translation, interpretation or terminology in two languages including at least one of the two official languages
or
A university degree in a related discipline such as languages, linguistics, philology and courses in linguistic transfer and two years' experience as a full-time translator working in two languages, at least one of which is an official language"

However, I got my BA in English Language and Literature in June 2011, and started working as an intern from October 2012 while doing MA.

Would that disqualify me from practicing NOC 5125 Translator?

At present, I have entered June 2011 for the question "date from which XXX became qualified for practice this profession" in the EE profile.

Thanks for your help!
You do not have to be worried about these requirements so long as the work experience in question was gained outside of Canada.

naija-kanadian

Star Member
Apr 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2016
Doc's Request.
30-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Hello Asivad
Please I have a query.when creating my profile ,I listed my spouse as non accompanying but now I have Ontario nomination.i would like to include her .can this lead to a rejection even though my recalculated CRS is still above 400 for the Ontario nomination
Thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
naija-kanadian said:
Hello Asivad
Thank you
I don't see it happening now that you've accepted nomination but no harm in requesting OINP to add your spouse as accompanying you. Also point out that your recalculated score stays above 400. This would've been so much easier if you'd added them before receiving the nomination.

triwizy

Dec 6, 2016
Inland
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-02-2017
+1 - great job at helping people - you will be rewarded soon cheers!! :) :)

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
rajkamalmohanram said:
EDITED:

Okay, per my understanding -

1) You can apply for a BOWP if your application has passed the R10 check.
2) Your spouse can apply for an OWP on grounds of being a dependent on a PR application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=177&top=17

However, one of the requirements of the Express Entry program is to "intend" to live outside the province of Qubec. I am not quite sure how much your residence in Qubec will affect your BOWP process and/or your PR application.

Thanks rajkamalmohanram......Asivad please provide your inputs!

sudi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Hi all,

Best of luck to all forum members...
I am onip applicant got ITA yest.. my profile expires on Feb 8th 2017, but I had shown FD as POF which matures on Feb 13th 2017...Any suggestions pls

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sudi said:
Hi all,

Best of luck to all forum members...
I am onip applicant got ITA yest.. my profile expires on Feb 8th 2017, but I had shown FD as POF which matures on Feb 13th 2017...Any suggestions pls
Your profile won't expire unless you decline the invitation after Feb 8th or you fail to submit your eAPR within the 90 days in this case.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
rajkamalmohanram said:
EDITED:

I have residence in Toronto as well and the company I was employed by has mentioned in the offer letter that my base location is Toronto and I will be working for their client in Montreal......So in a way I have to maintain my mailing address as our Toronto address i.e. my husband continues to work there at least till our application is processed

Frankly speaking it is quite possible I move back to Toronto for some other client in the future.

CIS

Dec 13, 2016
Hi, appreciate all your assistance during my app Asivad. Now that I have submitted my application. I have noticed one issue with my submitted application. I've had 3 jobs till date. While attaching my employment documents in the final application, I was getting option of 3 files (named as employment) for attaching employment docs. I submitted the documents in the order I had filled my work experience. However, after submitting the application, when I viewed the submitted application, it shows that I had attached documents of my first job against the file requested for my third job and vice versa. Now I can't amend it. Would they notice that I have attached complete documents against each field and just that the order has gone wrong or am I required to fill the enquiry form. Would appreciate your clarification.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIS said:
Hi, appreciate all your assistance during my app Asivad. Now that I have submitted my application. I have noticed one issue with my submitted application. I've had 3 jobs till date. While attaching my employment documents in the final application, I was getting option of 3 files (named as employment) for attaching employment docs. I submitted the documents in the order I had filled my work experience. However, after submitting the application, when I viewed the submitted application, it shows that I had attached documents of my first job against the file requested for my third job and vice versa. Now I can't amend it. Would they notice that I have attached complete documents against each field and just that the order has gone wrong or am I required to fill the enquiry form. Would appreciate your clarification.
Shouldn't be a problem, I did the same on my application! :)