22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
biz said:
Thank you +1. It was such a relief! I thought I need to fly back to Toronto just to send my passport.
No worries ;)

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
Hi

I took IELTS last June 13 and I received the result on 26-June 2015. Is IELTS score valid for one year or two year?

Can anyone confirm?

artray

Jan 19, 2016
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO/Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Feb
AOR Received.
24 Feb
Med's Done....
22 Feb
Passport Req..
14 June
VISA ISSUED...
23 June
LANDED..........
11 Jan
Nalanda said:
Hi

I took IELTS last June 13 and I received the result on 26-June 2016. Is IELTS score valid for one year or two year?

Can anyone confirm?
Valid for 2 years in Canada and considered valid for 3 years in Australia ;)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Nalanda said:
Dear Asivad/Raj/Others,

In the last round of invitation, I received ITA. my score is 483. CIC asked me to apply under CEC category.

I already discussed with you. Sorry for giving the details again. I thought it will help u understand in a better way.

- I received degree completion letter from University on 23-Feb-2015
- I applied for the post-graduate work permit (PGWP) online on 24-Feb-2015
- My study permit was valid till 31-March-2015. From 1-April-2015, I was on implied status till 7-May-2015
- But the date issue of PGWP is on 8-May-2015
- I received ITA on 1-June-2016

Scenario1:
Job1 : Company A
Duration : 1-Mar-2015 to 08-Aug-2015 (PGWP issued on 8-May-2015)
Total weeks: 23 weeks (I have been told that 18hrs/30hrs=0.6, 23 weeks*0.6= 13.8 full-time weeks)
Hours/week : 18 hrs
Total hours : 23weeks*18hrs=414hrs

Note: 09-Aug-2015 to 16-Aug-2016, I didn't work.

Job2: Company B
Duration : 17-Aug-2015 to 1-June-2016 (I received ITA on 1-June-2016)
Total weeks : 41 full-time weeks and 3 days
Hours/week : 37.5
Total hours : 41.3 weeks*30hrs=1239hrs

Job1 (13.8 full-time weeks) + Job2 (41 full-time weeks) = Total (54.8 full-time weeks and 1653hrs), In this case, I completed 1 year.

Scenario2:
Job1 : Company A
Duration : 8-May-2015 to 08-Aug-2015 (Start date as per PGWP issue date instead of actual job start date which is on 1-Mar-2015)
Total weeks: 13 weeks and 1 day (I have been told that 18hrs/30hrs=0.6, 13weeks*0.6= 8 full-time weeks)
Hours/week : 18 hrs
Total hours : 13weeks*18hrs=234hrs

Note: 09-Aug-2015 to 16-Aug-2016, I didn't work.

Job2: Company B
Duration : 17-Aug-2015 to 1-June-2016
Total weeks : 41 full-time weeks and 3 days
Hours/week : 37.5
Total hours : 41.3 weeks*30hrs=1239hrs

Job1 (8 full-time weeks) + Job2 (41 full-time weeks) = Total (49 full-time weeks and 1473 hrs). As per sceanrio2, I require 3 more full-time weeks. Then I will complete my 1 year only on 20-June-2016.

When do I complete my 1 year of Canadian work experience?

Can I accept the ITA which I received on 1-June-2016 or not?

I explained my above scenario to a lawyer and she told me that she can only give legal opinion on it. If I am not full-time student and also I am working legally (i.e. with a valid study permit and also applied for the post-graduate work permit) then my experience (in the period of 25-Feb-2015 to 7-May-2015) should be eligible for 1 year of Canadian work experience.
This is a tricky one. I did some research and found the below -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/post-grad.asp

Paragraph 186(w) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations allows students who have completed their program of study to work while they are waiting for a decision on their work permit application as long as they were a full-time student enrolled at a designated learning institution in a post-secondary academic, vocational or professional training program, and they did not exceed the allowable hours of work.

This indicates that the work experience after you graduate but before your WP is actually approved is recognized.

However, let me remind you that the onus of proving that you were NOT a full-time student when you were working lies on you and also, these kind of tricky situations demand the discretion of the officer processing the application.

Though it could be okay to count this experience, I recommend against it to avoid bringing the "discretion of the officer" component into the picture. I am inclined to suggest that you count the experience from the date your work permit was approved (Scenario 2).

Hope this helped!

Good luck and all the very best!

Ojamal

Dec 5, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2015
Doc's Request.
06-01-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-01-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
17-01-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
Thank You Asivad :)

TECC_Seneca

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Not advisable. If you are the applicant and you have activated your PR status and flew outside the country without PR card, YOU should be applying for PRTD from what I know. AFAIK, your friends or family cannot apply on your behalf.

The last date in Canada would be the day you left the country.

Thank you. I know. But I am going to fill the form, sign it and will have someone mail to the consulate back in India. How can that be an issue? It is just to be safe and get the doc on time. What do you think?

Thanks again

GagamM

Star Member
Dec 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2016
AOR Received.
04/05/2016
Med's Done....
14/05/2016
Passport Req..
02/11/2016
Hi Asivad Anac

I got a request from CIC for Schedule A form, they want details of my address from Sept 2012 to July 2013.

I downloaded the generic Schedule A form and its very long and there are things in there which CIC did not ask for like education history work history. My question- do i need to fill the entire form or just the address history section?

Nalanda

Star Member
Dec 16, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
This is a tricky one. I did some research and found the below -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/post-grad.asp

This indicates that the work experience after you graduate but before your WP is actually approved is recognized.

However, let me remind you that the onus of proving that you were NOT a full-time student when you were working lies on you and also, these kind of tricky situations demand the discretion of the officer processing the application.

Though it could be okay to count this experience, I recommend against it to avoid bringing the "discretion of the officer" component into the picture. I am inclined to suggest that you count the experience from the date your work permit was approved (Scenario 2).

Hope this helped!

Good luck and all the very best!

Thanks a lot Raj for your time and suggestions.

I received a letter of degree completion requirement from my University to apply for my Post-Graduate Work Permit. It clearly states that I am no longer a student (full-time student) from 23-Feb-2015.

Surely, I will consider the factor of the officer. Do I need to get a legal advice for my case?

If I submit my PR application based on scenario1, will the officer treat it as misrepresentation or not?

Phunkdified

Star Member
May 10, 2016
Hi Asivad and evryone,
Please give me your valuable suggestion for my GCMS notes. The settlement funds proof i gave while submitting the application is not matching the current exchange rate. And the Visa Officer also mentioned a note in his comments,the difference is $49. I have heard through a other member that, they will only take the exchange rate as per the the Lock in application date. Or shd i send more documents to CSE. Please advise.

NOC : 4165
AOR : Jan 28th 2016
FSW Outland - India
Visa officce - CSC - Ottawa

GCMS Notes Summary :

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Recommend Passed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final:

NOTES
NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2016/05/14 09:15:28

Updated Date: 2016/05/14 09:15:28

Restricted: No
Label: Eligibility
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text:
Having analysed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information
contained in the application, I have made the following recommendation: ANALYST RECOMMENDATION:
Recommend Pass Analyst Notes: Applicant Indian national presently residing in India. Applicant has submitted
documents demonstrating that he performed the duties described in the lead statement and the main duties as
set out in primary NOC category for more than one year with current employer. A 11.2: Appears met. 75. (2) FSW
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS- Appear met 76(1 )(a) SELECTION CRITERIA- FSW POINTS: Appear met FSW points
total: 77 Ready to finalize RPRF: Complete. Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) CRS points at invitation to
apply (ITA): 463 CRS minimum score for round: 461 Current CRS score: 463 I have reviewed the following for
CRS points: PA gained points as married at ITA and APR PA gained points for 3 years foreign work experience
with "***************".- India FOSS: FAMILY COMPOSITION. Married since *********;. Marriage certificate on file;. No
indication of previous marriages/ cl partner; . No children indicated . Meds valid for 3 months or more . PPTs
valid for 3 months or more ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT OFFER: 0 points . Applicant does not have arranged
employment offer; Lock-In Date: 2016/01/28 Primary Occupation: NOC 4165 Health Policy Researchers,
Consultants and Program Officers 2011106 to present- **************. eDoc ****** Submitted reference letter
undated confirms applicant's employment in declared occupation throughout specified period, and describes
duties which are consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the selected NOC category ..
Reference letter confirms full-time employment; . Supporting pay stubs included in eDoc. 4 years and 7 months
of full-time work experience have been accumulated. Work Experience: 4 years+ of foreign work experience
ADAPTABILITY: 5 FSW points . Spouse meets official language threshold; SETTLEMENT FUNDS . Approx. CAD
15,094. As per Standard Chartered BANK and HDFC BANK statement as at 2016/01/25 and 2016/01/27; . Family
of 2 requires CAD 15,143[/color]

anky2015

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Hey Asivad, Raj n others
I need your suggestions and help urgently. I have applied for the OINP since Nov 2015, still haven't got the nomination yet. I am on post graduation work permit right now which is valid until Nov 2018. Now I'm going to India to get married next month.

So I need your advice n opinion on the following queries :-
- Do I have to inform OINP as soon as I'll get married?
- I want to get my fiance here, so what should be the best way to sponsor her, to get the visitor visa for her or should I apply for her as a dependent under the work permit program category?
- what all docs will I need to apply for her?

I'll really appreciate any help on this.
Thanks in advance.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
anky2015 said:
Hey Asivad, Raj n others
I need your suggestions and help urgently. I have applied for the OINP since Nov 2015, still haven't got the nomination yet. I am on post graduation work permit right now which is valid until Nov 2018. Now I'm going to India to get married next month.

So I need your advice n opinion on the following queries :-
- Do I have to inform OINP as soon as I'll get married?
- I want to get my fiance here, so what should be the best way to sponsor her, to get the visitor visa for her or should I apply for her as a dependent under the work permit program category?
- what all docs will I need to apply for her?

I'll really appreciate any help on this.
Thanks in advance.
I have already answered this!

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Han said:
Dear Asivad Anac,

First of all, thanks for all the help and support that you are providing here for everyone.
I have a question and wondering if you could help me with that.
I applied for PR in January, and have not heard anything since then. Everything looks fine in my notes though. I have recently received an offer for an internship. I am a graduate student, currently on study permit. They want me to start July 1st!
Now the question is, what if I don't hear from IRCC by then? :-[ Could I use this situation to raise a CSE? I have heard that sometimes raising a CSE might accelerate the process!
Looking forward to your advice.
Any advice/suggestion regarding my situation is appreciated.