+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

dimbo888

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
I have got an schedule A form request. I need some advice on how to fill this form. On page of this form at the bottom it asks that it needs to be signed by a Canadian government official. Has anyone done it before? please some one give me some advice on this

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Dear Asivad,

I don't want to get invited under FSW but CEC, so my question is next:

In EE profile and education, can i answer for "Has xxxx xxxx had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate? (It must have been from an agency approved by CIC.)" NO, even if I do have ECA?

I figured out that not having ECA would turn me ineligible for FSW.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jainad said:
Thanks for your quick reply.

Shall I wait or use CSE keeping in mind that I am moving new address coming weekend?
Could you tell me, how many days will it take to update address using ECAS AND CSE both?
There is no real urgency to change this - it will matter only when you get your PPR and send your passport to CPC Ottawa. If you aren't expecting a PPR anytime soon, just wait for ECAS to get back online. Updating your address via ECAS shouldn't take more than 24-48 hours.

jainad

Star Member
Oct 5, 2014
Asivad Anac said:
There is no real urgency to change this - it will matter only when you get your PPR and send your passport to CPC Ottawa. If you aren't expecting a PPR anytime soon, just wait for ECAS to get back online. Updating your address via ECAS shouldn't take more than 24-48 hours.
Ok, thanks. I'll do as suggested. Thanks again.

Sep 4, 2015
Hello Asivad, I have received my AOR in October. After that I have renewed my passport as it was due to expire next year. I have sent a mail to cic notifying them of this. I haven't got any reply yet. What is a normal way to inform cic of this change. Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
johnny123 said:
Dear Asivad,

I don't want to get invited under FSW but CEC, so my question is next:

In EE profile and education, can i answer for "Has xxxx xxxx had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) within the past five years for this degree, diploma or certificate? (It must have been from an agency approved by CIC.)" NO, even if I do have ECA?

I figured out that not having ECA would turn me ineligible for FSW.
EDITED:

If you say "No ECA" to a foreign degree mentioned in your Education History section, your profile will become ineligible.

Education is not a minimum requirement for applying under CEC. So, giving "NO" to ECA will NOT make your profile ineligible.

Education

There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:

a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,

Or
a completed foreign credential, and
an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.]

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

Providing no ECA for a foreign degree AND mentioning the settlement funds as 0 (with no LMIA backed job offer) will probably disqualify you under FSW and you might be invited under CEC.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
If you say "No ECA" to a foreign degree mentioned in your Education History section, your profile will become ineligible.

If you want to get invited under CEC, under the "Settlement funds" section, mention 0 CAD. This will automatically disqualify you from applying under FSW and you'll be invited under CEC.
That's very incorrect. Why would my profile become ineligible if ECA is NOT a requirement for CEC?
I've seen a post from forum member who c/p points and got invited for CEC. His/her education points were 0.
We've seen that even putting 0 for funds doesn't always work, and it certainly won't disqualify me, because I am funds exempt!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
johnny123 said:
That's very incorrect. Why would my profile become ineligible if ECA is NOT a requirement for CEC?
I've seen a post from forum member who c/p points and got invited for CEC. His/her education points were 0.
We've seen that even putting 0 for funds doesn't always work, and it certainly won't disqualify me, because I am funds exempt!
Okay. I stand corrected. I am modifying my previous post. I can see this information on the CIC website.

Education

There is no education requirement for Canadian Experience Class. But, if you want to earn points for your education under Express Entry, you either need:

a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,

Or
a completed foreign credential, and
an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree.]

Link : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/cec/apply-who.asp

So, I guess you can mention your ECA as "NO".

But I think you misread/misunderstood where I said "disqualify". I said if you input 0 CAD as settlement funds, you automatically become disqualified for FSW (and NOT CEC). Well, inputting 0 in the place of settlement will make you eligible only for CEC because settlement funds are mandatory for FSW. I don't understand why it won't "always work".

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
But I think you misread/misunderstood where I said "disqualify". I said if you input 0 CAD as settlement funds, you automatically become disqualified for FSW (and NOT CEC). Well, inputting 0 in the place of settlement will make you eligible only for CEC because settlement funds are mandatory for FSW. I don't understand why it won't "always work".
I think you should read about POF exemptions. They are NOT mandatory if you are already working on LMIA. Therefore, even if you put 0, and if you are POF exempt, you are still elgible for FSW. My buddy put 3000, he works on LMIA, and got ITA for FSW. That's why.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
johnny123 said:
I think you should read about POF exemptions. They are NOT mandatory if you are already working on LMIA. Therefore, even if you put 0, and if you are POF exempt, you are still elgible for FSW. My buddy put 3000, he works on LMIA, and got ITA for FSW. That's why.
Okay, yea that makes sense! If the person does have a job offer backed by LMIA, he doesn't have to show funds.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Okay, yea that makes sense! If the person (outland) does have a job offer backed by LMIA, he doesn't have to show funds.
It doesn't matter if outland or inland. Please don't provide wrong information if you are not 100% sure about accuracy. We have enough confusion already

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
johnny123 said:
It doesn't matter if outland or inland. Please don't provide wrong information if you are not 100% sure about accuracy. We have enough confusion already
Thanks for the advice! Needed it! :)

Good luck and all the best with your application!!