+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcadam said:
Hi Asivad Anac, please your guidance is needed. I'm putting together my documents for eAPR and I have some questions...

1. Is the entire application for PR (Express Entry under FSW) now online? So I do not need to send any paper documents?

Completely online, no paper documents at all.

2. When attaching required documents as per my document checklist, must these documents be certified copies of the original or coloured scans will suffice for CIC?

Legible scans would suffice. There is a 4 MB limit for each placeholder.

3. I haven't received the hard copy of my ECA report from WES, I guess it's still in transit. Can I upload the electronic copy along with my educational credentials or I must wait for the hard copy, then scan and upload that?

You can upload the soft copy. Hope that the ECA is dated prior to your ITA else you will have to decline the ITA.

4. I claimed to have $13,000 as proof of funds in my eAPR. Now my bank account balance has gone from about $12,500 to $4,500 in the last 5 months. I will be sourcing $9,000 from my family to make up the difference.
Please how do I convince CIC that the funds are unencumbered and readily available? What are the necessary documents I MUST present to CIC in my case?

anujgupta84 has written a fairly exhaustive post on gift as POF and the documents one must attach. Have a look. Essentially, you will have to prove that these $9000 are a gift and are available legitimately in your bank account for you to utilize as POF.

5. The validity of my current passport is till Feb 2017. I plan to lodge my eAPR latest October 2015. What is the CIC requirement for passport validity from time of application?

Not a problem. Your passport must stay valid till you land in Canada and activate your PR status. Feb 2017 is good enough for that at this point in time.

6. I have a statement of service from my previous employer which is dated January 2015. Monthly salary is mentioned instead of annual. Also, hours worked is per fortnight instead of per week. Can I use this letter or I must get another one?

If those are the only things amiss, this letter is still fine as it clearly mentions your salary and work hours. Ensure it clearly mentions your job responsibilities and that they match your chosen NOC.

7. And should the employer reference be addressed to CIC or 'To whom it may concern' will suffice?

'To whom it may concern' will suffice.

Sorry it's a bit lengthy, I've been writing the questions down for a while so I can ask them all at once.

Thanks in anticipation.

mcadam

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
Thanks for the response.

Yes my my ECA report came before I created an EE profile, got ITA a week later.

Thanks for the referral, I found the thread on POF.

Many thanks...

ajay reddy

Aug 5, 2015
Hello Asivad,
In the PR application I kept that I have 1 year back home work experience and I have work letter from 4 years back, so can I give that letter to cic?
I cannot get a new letter from the company I worked 4 years back because that is closed now.

The date on the work letter which I have was 4 years back, so can I present that letter to cic?
Please help me here. Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay reddy said:
Hello Asivad,
In the PR application I kept that I have 1 year back home work experience and I have work letter from 4 years back, so can I give that letter to cic?
I cannot get a new letter from the company I worked 4 years back because that is closed now.

The date on the work letter which I have was 4 years back, so can I present that letter to cic?
Please help me here. Thanks.
You can certainly use that letter. There is no expiry date for work reference letters from past employers.

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi asvad
Please help
Dnt have spouse eca but i filled bachelors and masters without eca. Now checklist ask for spouse education docs to upload. I select no for eca.
I also inbox you asvad please reply

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitsinp23 said:
Hi asvad
Please help
Dnt have spouse eca but i filled bachelors and masters without eca. Now checklist ask for spouse education docs to upload. I select no for eca.
I also inbox you asvad please reply
Replied to your inbox message.

You can either choose to upload whatever you have - the officer would summarily ignore those documents in the absence of ECA and not award you those points either.

Or you can choose to remove these from their Education section completely.

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
i have previously rejected by PNP level, never applied to cic.
should i upload schedule form A with refusal letter.
not mentioned on cic website and also not in personalized checklist.
there are few questions after travel history section, i filled "yes" for pnp refusal for one of the answer.
same questions were on federal paper schedule A form, but on that form there is box to explain the reason of rejection but its not in online application.
so should i upload A form or not!!! please help
remember in online application system ask for UCI number if someone applied for cic previously. but i never applied so dnt have UCI

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitsinp23 said:
i have previously rejected by PNP level, never applied to cic.
should i upload schedule form A with refusal letter.
not mentioned on cic website and also not in personalized checklist.
there are few questions after travel history section, i filled "yes" for pnp refusal for one of the answer.
same questions were on federal paper schedule A form, but on that form there is box to explain the reason of rejection but its not in online application.
so should i upload A form or not!!! please help
remember in online application system ask for UCI number if someone applied for cic previously. but i never applied so dnt have UCI
Getting your application rejected by a province shouldn't factor in your PR application anywhere. I'm not sure where you are answering these questions in the application but there is a section which asks specifically for visa rejections and refusal of admissions. If you're answering Yes to those questions, that is wrong. Answer No to both those questions if you've never been rejected a visa or asked to leave a country/refused entry by a country.

And there is no need to upload Schedule A form/refusal letter if you're not asked for it.

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Getting your application rejected by a province shouldn't factor in your PR application anywhere. I'm not sure where you are answering these questions in the application but there is a section which asks specifically for visa rejections and refusal of admissions. If you're answering Yes to those questions, that is wrong. Answer No to both those questions if you've never been rejected a visa or asked to leave a country/refused entry by a country.

And there is no need to upload Schedule A form/refusal letter if you're not asked for it.
Thanks for your help
I put YES only in one question, in that question they mention if any refusal for PR visa, for quebec immigration, pnp program.
So i have refusal at pnp level thats why i put yes.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitsinp23 said:
Thanks for your help
I put YES only in one question, in that question they mention if any refusal for PR visa, for quebec immigration, pnp program.
So i have refusal at pnp level thats why i put yes.
Not sure about this because I don't recall seeing PNP there. If it does state PNP explicitly and you've been refused by a province, you must answer Yes. But double-check this question again and, if possible, paste it here as well.

rohitsinp23

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Not sure about this because I don't recall seeing PNP there. If it does state PNP explicitly and you've been refused by a province, you must answer Yes. But double-check this question again and, if possible, paste it here as well.
Below is the exact wording of that question where i put TEs
"
been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"

JonesM

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Asivad,

I received the request letter below. do I need to submit both schedule 4 and 4A forms? where I can upload these documents as I can't seem to find the link in myCIC account.

Dear XXX,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
review of your application, we require the following documents:

- XXXXXXXX - (My Name):
- Schedule 4 - Prov Nominees: A newly completed Schedule 4 Economic Classes - Provincial
Nominees form
- Schedule 4A- Prov Nominee: A newly completed Schedule 4A - Economic Classes - Provincial
Nominees - Business Nominees form

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by: 2015/XX/XX

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitsinp23 said:
Below is the exact wording of that question where i put TEs
"
been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?"
I stand corrected. Answer Yes to this question.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JonesM said:
Hi Asivad,

I received the request letter below. do I need to submit both schedule 4 and 4A forms? where I can upload these documents as I can't seem to find the link in myCIC account.

Dear XXX,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the
review of your application, we require the following documents:

- XXXXXXXX - (My Name):
- Schedule 4 - Prov Nominees: A newly completed Schedule 4 Economic Classes - Provincial
Nominees form
- Schedule 4A- Prov Nominee: A newly completed Schedule 4A - Economic Classes - Provincial
Nominees - Business Nominees form

Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account by: 2015/XX/XX
Schedule 4 here ---> www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_4e.pdf

Schedule 4A is for business nominees. If it doesn't apply in your case, upload a short LOE in that placeholder stating the same.