+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitsinp23 said:
So should i upload refusal letter as well.
Actually no section is mentioned for this kind of letters.
You can choose to submit that in the 'additional documents' section but it isn't mandatory.

Indiansailor

Aug 15, 2015
Dear Asivad,

I appreciate and admire what a great job you are doing here.

I have 1 question regarding proof of fund

Last time when i asked you about my account has healthy balance and my wife being the principal applicant.

You gave me 2 options either you make your wife as as joint account holder of the same account
Or you gift money to your wife

Do i made my wife as joint account holder of my account
My minimum balance during in any month of last 6 month is 26000 canadian dollars

My bank has given me last 6 months statement
But tgere is a problem
It is on the baank computerised form
Showing my wife and me as joint account holder
Address of the bank is there but there is no contact details on that form.

Is this form sufficient to show as proof of funds

Thanksss

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Indiansailor said:
Dear Asivad,

I appreciate and admire what a great job you are doing here.

I have 1 question regarding proof of fund

Last time when i asked you about my account has healthy balance and my wife being the principal applicant.

You gave me 2 options either you make your wife as as joint account holder of the same account
Or you gift money to your wife

Do i made my wife as joint account holder of my account
My minimum balance during in any month of last 6 month is 26000 canadian dollars

My bank has given me last 6 months statement
But tgere is a problem
It is on the baank computerised form
Showing my wife and me as joint account holder
Address of the bank is there but there is no contact details on that form.

Is this form sufficient to show as proof of funds

Thanksss
CIC explicitly asks for the letter on bank letterhead which should contain the institution's address, telephone number and email. Try and see if you can get that included somehow.

pretty_18

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
NOC:2141 Quebec.Code:B666
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 5, 2015 CC charged: Nov. 25, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan. 12,2016
IELTS Request
Nov. 1, 2014
Hello,

Will CIC check the travel date passport or contract? do we need to follow the date in the work contract or in the passport?
it states in the contract, he will train overseas for 1 yr only. He was extended for 6 months without changng the contract. Will CIC required to send copy of passports indicating the travel overseas? the departure and arrival date?
what will we put in personal history? 1 yr or 1 and 6 months?

thanks!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pretty_18 said:
Hello,

Will CIC check the travel date passport or contract? do we need to follow the date in the work contract or in the passport?
it states in the contract, he will train overseas for 1 yr only. He was extended for 6 months without changng the contract. Will CIC required to send copy of passports indicating the travel overseas? the departure and arrival date?
what will we put in personal history? 1 yr or 1 and 6 months?

thanks!
Mention what actually happened and support it with the documents you have at your end.

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Hello Asivad,

you are really very helpful. Please give me your thoughts on my case. I was just sent a refusal letter stating representaion. They said that I had misrepresented my immigration history. Truth is that I ticked that I had never been denied a visitors visa and I had. But I was asked for Sch A for to update my application and in this form I ticked the correct option and even provided a letter of explanation stating all the countires i was refused a visa for.

What should I do next, get a lawyer or forget it.

I will sincerely appreciate any replies.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aby444 said:
Hello Asivad,

you are really very helpful. Please give me your thoughts on my case. I was just sent a refusal letter stating representaion. They said that I had misrepresented my immigration history. Truth is that I ticked that I had never been denied a visitors visa and I had. But I was asked for Sch A for to update my application and in this form I ticked the correct option and even provided a letter of explanation stating all the countires i was refused a visa for.

What should I do next, get a lawyer or forget it.

I will sincerely appreciate any replies.
I am very sorry to hear about your refusal on the grounds of misrepresentation.

The way your case appears to CIC is probably that you wanted to hide your past rejections from them and were forced by CIC to reveal your history on the Schedule A request. Even if that might not be true, that is how they would interpret it. Personally, I don't think this is a serious enough offence (not even sure if this is an offence but I don't represent CIC) to merit a misrepresentation charge. Are you sure this is all there is to it? Is there any other area of your immigration history that is causing this?

Whatever said and done. it is a very serious charge which has immediate and lasting consequences to your immigration plans to Canada. I strongly recommend that you immediately consult a lawyer to identify if the reason indicated by you is the right (and only) reason behind this decision and ask them for support in guiding you about the next steps. I cannot over-stress the importance of dealing immediately and professionally with misrepresentation charges and the best person to guide you here would be an immigration lawyer. If you're serious about immigrating to Canada in the future (and even if you're not), trying to counter this charge and perhaps getting the decision reversed would be in your best interest.

I hope you get sound legal advice and are soon able to look back at this as a painful but useful learning experience.

All the best!

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Thank you so much for your reply. the lack of a detailed refusal letter is confusing me as well. the only error I remember is the previous visa denials I have. I would appreciate it if you are aware of any immigration lawyer that can tackle this. I have already tried Campbell Conhen and they said they dont take existing cases. Thank you for your reply

sukhjinder27

Aug 31, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Asivad Anac,
i have a question about my gift money from my dad. the question is that is it ok if my dad gives me a cheque of 10 lakh INR or any demand draft will be good . Because on demand draft there is not any name printed of giver ,But on cheque there will be a name printed on it , we can send a scan copy of cheque to cic .and i think sending a cheque will be more positive than demand draft .
i will appreciate if u suggest me something
thank you

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhjinder27 said:
Hey Asivad Anac,
i have a question about my gift money from my dad. the question is that is it ok if my dad gives me a cheque of 10 lakh INR or any demand draft will be good . Because on demand draft there is not any name printed of giver ,But on cheque there will be a name printed on it , we can send a scan copy of cheque to cic .and i think sending a cheque will be more positive than demand draft .
i will appreciate if u suggest me something
thank you
You will need to provide proof of transaction (in addition to all the other documentation required for using gift as POF - refer anujgupta84's post on this) in terms of bank statements regardless of the instrument used to execute such transaction. It is perfectly legit to receive gift funds in the form of cash/cheque/drafts/wire transfer etc.

cic_123

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Hi
Asiwad Anac,

I am really confused. I have already asked this question.
I am getting my registration marriage done in a month. Its been a month that I have submitted my application as a principle applicant and BG is in process.

- If I add my spouse in the application,after a month are there chances that my score will reduce?( Presently my score is 470. (My spouse is a software engineer with 7yrs of work exp). My consultant says, that there are some chances that your ITA might get rejected because of spouse's score :eek: I am really worried, what to do? Also he said, spouse will need IELTS as well.

- If I don't add spouse's application now, but I will update CIC truthfully about my change in status as married and spouse's as 'non-accompanying spouse' would that work? Just because my application should not get rejected now. :-X :-X

I look forward for your solution.

Thanks a lot for your time

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic_123 said:
Hi
Asiwad Anac,

I am really confused. I have already asked this question.
I am getting my registration marriage done in a month. Its been a month that I have submitted my application as a principle applicant and BG is in process.

- If I add my spouse in the application,after a month are there chances that my score will reduce?( Presently my score is 470. (My spouse is a software engineer with 7yrs of work exp). My consultant says, that there are some chances that your ITA might get rejected because of spouse's score :eek: I am really worried, what to do? Also he said, spouse will need IELTS as well.

- If I don't add spouse's application now, but I will update CIC truthfully about my change in status as married and spouse's as 'non-accompanying spouse' would that work? Just because my application should not get rejected now. :-X :-X

I look forward for your solution.

Thanks a lot for your time
Short of not getting married, you don't really have a choice.

When you get married, you will have to promptly report it to CIC. If you delay reporting it for too long, they will eventually come to know of it by comparing the discrepancy between the time you actually got married and the time you reported it to them. So there is no escaping that.

The good news is that your score will not be recalculated AFTER you receive your eAPR on application submission because those facts were true at that point in time. You weren't married either when you got your ITA or when you submitted your application so there is no question of recalculating your score and penalizing you for a 'future' act. Your spouse will be added to your application after you inform CIC about this marriage and send them the 'Additional Family Information' form along with documentation proof of your marriage. They wouldn't be required to take IELTS but they will be required to take a medical exam (just like you did) and you will have to showcase additional POF (unless you already have an LMIA approved job offer or were invited under CEC). They might also be asked to produce PCCs.

Remember that you can add your spouse at any point in time BEFORE you 'land' in Canada to activate your PR status but you will have to inform CIC about your marriage as soon as it happens.

All the best!