+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

docsood

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Thanks for ur guidance Asivad Anac, I will certainly apply for OOPNP If I receive PT Interest from Ontario in my EE profile.

ds_maniac

Mar 2, 2015
Hey Asivad .. (everyone's savior)

I updated my EE profile on June 16 and got a PT a week later with my new profile.
I had received an email on my old profile for confirmation of withdrawal of my profile (Thank you for letting us know you are NOT interested in EE)

But currently, the details / status of my OLD profile is still showing 'UPDATE NOT SUBMITTED'.
What does that mean? I already received an withdrawal email for that profile, how can i change that to 'WITHDRAWED' ?
Please help....

spjachan

Jul 14, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I have a query regarding PCC.

I am staying Canada since 2013 and have done PCC for my home county last year during August.
This year I had been on a visit to my home country for three weeks as a part of vacation.
Could you please advise on the below:
1) Do i need a PCC for Canada since I am living in Canada now since 2013?
For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

2) Is my PCC of my home country valid even after I visited after I had done the PCC for three weeks?
For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

Thanks in advance.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spjachan said:
Hi Asivad,

I have a query regarding PCC.

I am staying Canada since 2013 and have done PCC for my home county last year during August.
This year I had been on a visit to my home country for three weeks as a part of vacation.
Could you please advise on the below:
1) Do i need a PCC for Canada since I am living in Canada now since 2013?
For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

You don't need this now. CIC will indicate when you need to get this.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp

2) Is my PCC of my home country valid even after I visited after I had done the PCC for three weeks?
For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

My understanding of the rule is that you don't need a fresh PCC till you again visit that country and stay for 6 months in a row. Others have interpreted it as meaning that you need a fresh PCC even if you went back for 1 day after getting the 1st PCC. There's been a lot of bank-an-forth on this and no conclusions. No one has yet provided a CIC confirmation on this one way or the other - we're all simply interpreting the written word on their site.

Thanks in advance.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Hi Asivad,
I have a question regarding the Bridge Open Work Permit.
I submitted my PR application through EE BCPNP, and my current work permit is set to expire in 4 months.
According to the BCPNP website, I can apply for a Work permit support letter from PNP office and then use it to apply for the BOWP.
However, I also heard that for PR applicant, when they receive the second AOR from CIC, then they can directly apply for the BOWP in CIC?
Is that correct? What are the differences between these two options?
Thank you very much! :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Hi Asivad,
I have a question regarding the Bridge Open Work Permit.
I submitted my PR application through EE BCPNP, and my current work permit is set to expire in 4 months.
According to the BCPNP website, I can apply for a Work permit support letter from PNP office and then use it to apply for the BOWP.
However, I also heard that for PR applicant, when they receive the second AOR from CIC, then they can directly apply for the BOWP in CIC?
Is that correct? What are the differences between these two options?
Thank you very much! :)
Though there has been considerable discussion on this across various threads, I'm afraid the best I can confirm about BOWP is the following.

You can apply for it by using the 2nd AOR (positive eligibility assessment) from CIC if and when you get the same. Some applicants have tried using their eAPR and paper application (I'm not sure of how this works or the success rate). I'm not sure if the PNP office support letter would be sufficient by itself.

Foreign nationals in the PNP are eligible for an open work permit only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.
Read more here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
Quick question for asivad
If you are on pgwp and while creating express entry profile, it asks "when did you become eligible for this occupation?" what date do you put in this section?
date of pgwp?
coz when I entered date of my start my profile was ineligible?
i read somewhere in the forum that people are putting date of graduation, some are enetering date of pgwp.
what's the definite answer.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Though there has been considerable discussion on this across various threads, I'm afraid the best I can confirm about BOWP is the following.

You can apply for it by using the 2nd AOR (positive eligibility assessment) from CIC if and when you get the same. Some applicants have tried using their eAPR and paper application (I'm not sure of how this works or the success rate). I'm not sure if the PNP office support letter would be sufficient by itself.

Read more here ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
Hi Asivad,
Thank you for your reply.
My concern is whether the BOWP applied with PNP support letter will be a closed work permit with employer name on it?

:) :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Hi Asivad,
Thank you for your reply.
My concern is whether the BOWP applied with PNP support letter will be a closed work permit with employer name on it?

:) :)
Not sure about this at all. Hope someone else weighs in with their inputs. Or you can try the BOWP thread.

All the best!

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Hi Asivad,
I have submitted my PR application on July 13, I learnt a lot from you.
Thank you for giving me so much valuable advice. :)

wicked31

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Hello Asivad

Hope you can guide me as well

Regarding proof of funds, can i submit my father's bank statement instead of him transferring the money to my account? Does he need to write an affidavit explaining that he is sponsoring me?

Thank you in advance!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wicked31 said:
Hello Asivad

Hope you can guide me as well

Regarding proof of funds, can i submit my father's bank statement instead of him transferring the money to my account? Does he need to write an affidavit explaining that he is sponsoring me?

Thank you in advance!
You can't do that. The funds have to be in your name.

He has to transfer the funds to your account and then give a self-declaration that this transaction is a gift and NOT a loan.

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
Asivad....advice plz...i have decision made jus now..i saw...till yesterday it was app. received..what shd i expect..i m going crazy..i have consultant..i will call 2moro afternoon to check my cic account. ...i m freaking out...y did i check??