+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

canadiensedream2015

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Hi Asivad, could you help me with this issue please?

Post ITA: one of the questions is:

"Have you had any serious disease or physical or mental disorder?"

I had TB 13 years ago, was treated and now I am fine (I have paperwork of the treatment).
I am planning to disclose that during my medical exam and show my paperwork/

What should I answer?

I am concerned that if I answer YES, it may undermine my application as they do not know which disease I had unless I mention it in the LOE?

Will it be considered as misrepresentation if I answer NO but disclose it in the medical exam?

What should I do? Thanks for your suggestions.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_love_van said:
Hi Asivad,
I have submitted PR application in last week.
Can I apply to renew U.S visa in recent days? If I get a US visa, do I need to upload the passport to CIC and inform the VO that change on my passport?

Thank you for your help.
You don't have to report every change post ITA to CIC. Only change of address to be reported.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gorkhethito said:
Hi Asivad,
Thank you for being with us in thread. I need your help again.As i have refused application for offer letter being not non seasonal and inderminate so me along wth consultant, we are going to submit cse and same time make a new profile. Kindly could you please let me know what exact words do we need to use as my consultant made new letter which only has full time inderminate basis employment words without no end date..the rest position, rate and roles and responsibilities is good to go.
I believe the magic words on LMIA supported job offer letters are Permanent, Full-time and Non seasonal. If you have those in there, that should take care of it.

zhk

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Hi, my question is regarding OOPNP human capital stream.
Are we required to provide employment reference letter for each occupation in the last 10 years or just the relevant experience ref letter i.e Noc O,A,B is sufficient? I won't be able to gather ref letters for each of my job . I've already arranged for the relevant experience though.
Thanks in advance :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhk said:
Hi, my question is regarding OOPNP human capital stream.
Are we required to provide employment reference letter for each occupation in the last 10 years or just the relevant experience ref letter i.e Noc O,A,B is sufficient? I won't be able to gather ref letters for each of my job . I've already arranged for the relevant experience though.
Thanks in advance :)
As you don't get any points for experience gained under NOCs other than 0/A/B, you can leave such jobs out of your profile.

zhk

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Thanks for your prompt response +1.
Howevere, the oopnp form asks to list all the activities including work etc in the past 10 years . So, I will have to declare my employement in the last 10 years in that section, right? Basically i worked 2 jobs in canada post graduation that are not category Noc A or B.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhk said:
Thanks for your prompt response +1.
Howevere, the oopnp form asks to list all the activities including work etc in the past 10 years . So, I will have to declare my employement in the last 10 years in that section, right? Basically i worked 2 jobs in canada post graduation that are not category Noc A or B.
I imagine that would be optional. Those experiences add nothing to your profile in terms of points. Whether you declare them or not, it won't make any difference to your application.

Srinivasa2013

May 22, 2013
Hi Asivad

Under the section "With Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree"

it says "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

Finally, Points for education + 2 years or more of Canadian work experience = 50.

I have MBBS (ECA done) and MD degree (ECA not done, same entered in the express entry), so I have two or more post-secondary program credentials and I have two year Canadian work experience. I got 50 points for the same via express entry profile.

Now I am worried should I do the ECA for my all post secondary programme credentials.

I appreciate the response in this regard

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srinivasa2013 said:
Hi Asivad

Under the section "With Canadian work experience and a post-secondary degree"

it says "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

Finally, Points for education + 2 years or more of Canadian work experience = 50.

I have MBBS (ECA done) and MD degree (ECA not done, same entered in the express entry), so I have two or more post-secondary program credentials and I have two year Canadian work experience. I got 50 points for the same via express entry profile.

Now I am worried should I do the ECA for my all post secondary programme credentials.

I appreciate the response in this regard

Thanks
Do you have CLB 9 in all sections of IELTS?

There is a possibility that the system has given you 25 points each on the 2 sub-sections adding up to 50 points. If that is the case, you don't need to get an ECA done for your MD.

Srinivasa2013

May 22, 2013
Thanks For the quick reply, I appreciate your time

when I recalculated with the score this is what I am getting

Skill transferability factors

Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
B) Canadian work experience and education = 50
Subtotal = 50

My IELTS score are speaking 8, listening 7.5, reading and writing 6.5.

Does it mean That I have got 25 from each?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Srinivasa2013 said:
Thanks For the quick reply, I appreciate your time

when I recalculated with the score this is what I am getting

Skill transferability factors

Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
B) Canadian work experience and education = 50
Subtotal = 50

My IELTS score are speaking 8, listening 7.5, reading and writing 6.5.

Does it mean That I have got 25 from each?

Thanks
No. The system has given you 50 points for the 2nd subsection.

Which can happen only if you have claimed "Two or more post secondary program credentials...." or higher than that. In the higher than that category, you have PhD, Masters degree and Entry-to-practice professional degree. The latter two are considered equivalent while granting points for the Level of Education section.

I imagine you're getting those 50 points because your MBBS is considered equivalent to Masters degree. In this case, you don't need an ECA for your MD. You can confirm this by checking your score in the Level of Education section.

All the best!

Dineshkc

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Doubt on Choosing NOC Code
I have got the experience in Teaching for 4 years. I did this job before I did my MBA which was finished in 2013. After my MBA I have been working as Associate Analyst for 13 months.
In summary:
Communicative English Teacher (Before MBA was done) : 4 years
Associate Analyst (After MBA was done) : 13 months

When I checked for “Determine Your Eligibility”, I am not eligible with 1 year of experience (Only Associate Analyst) but when I gave 4 to 5 years’ experience (4+1), I become eligible. I tried only with 1 year experience because I wanted to match it with NOC.
Pls shed some light into this; which NOC could I use? Can I give 4-5 years’ experience and choose Management NOC? I would like to begin to make the profile after clearing this doubt.

Thank you so much.

Srinivasa2013

May 22, 2013
Asivad Anac said:
No. The system has given you 50 points for the 2nd subsection.

Which can happen only if you have claimed "Two or more post secondary program credentials...." or higher than that. In the higher than that category, you have PhD, Masters degree and Entry-to-practice professional degree. The latter two are considered equivalent while granting points for the Level of Education section.

I imagine you're getting those 50 points because your MBBS is considered equivalent to Masters degree. In this case, you don't need an ECA for your MD. You can confirm this by checking your score in the Level of Education section.

All the best!
Thanks a lot Asivad Anac

Go get it

Jul 5, 2015
Hello Asivad,

What if I am performing some duties of another NOC, like 15-20% of total work for 9 years in the same company? Some of my duties and responsibilities are matching with NOC 1315 too but my major duties are mentioned in NOC 0731. :-\ Along with 0731 duties, my company will be mentioning 1315 duties in my reference letter without NOC title/code.

Also the reference letter will be mentioning only present duties (at senior level), not the duties and responsibilities when I was working as a junior exec. Is that okay?

Ref to my previous post, can job experience in a junior level claimed against middle management noc 0731? If not, I guess I can't claim first 4 years of experience in that noc even though I was performing same tasks? Am I right?

Right now I stand at 400 crs as per CIC tool. Has OOPNP quota filled for this year? When will they start again? I think the only possible way to get an ITA is OOPNP with that many points and my aunt is living there.

And one more thing. If you don't mind, can you please calculate my CRS based on below. I calculated it using several tools but just want to make sure that I have 400 before I proceed.

I'm 33, married with a 2 year old kid, did Bachelor of Commerce (3 years), with ECA, 9+ years foreign experience in noc 0731, no Canadian experience, no job offer, no PNP. IELTS L9, R8.5, W7.5 and S7. Wife has done Bcom (3 years), with ECA. No IELTS. No job experience.

Sorry to bother you with all those doubts. All the best again. Cheers... :D

sam_172452

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go get it said:
Hello Asivad,

What if I am performing some duties of another NOC, like 15-20% of total work for 9 years in the same company? Some of my duties and responsibilities are matching with NOC 1315 too but my major duties are mentioned in NOC 0731. :-\ Along with 0731 duties, my company will be mentioning 1315 duties in my reference letter without NOC title/code.

Also the reference letter will be mentioning only present duties (at senior level), not the duties and responsibilities when I was working as a junior exec. Is that okay?

Ref to my previous post, can job experience in a junior level claimed against middle management noc 0731? If not, I guess I can't claim first 4 years of experience in that noc even though I was performing same tasks? Am I right?

Right now I stand at 400 crs as per CIC tool. Has OOPNP quota filled for this year? When will they start again? I think the only possible way to get an ITA is OOPNP with that many points and my aunt is living there.

And one more thing. If you don't mind, can you please calculate my CRS based on below. I calculated it using several tools but just want to make sure that I have 400 before I proceed.

I'm 33, married with a 2 year old kid, did Bachelor of Commerce (3 years), with ECA, 9+ years foreign experience in noc 0731, no Canadian experience, no job offer, no PNP. IELTS L9, R8.5, W7.5 and S7. Wife has done Bcom (3 years), with ECA. No IELTS. No job experience.

Sorry to bother you with all those doubts. All the best again. Cheers... :D

I will leave Asivad to answer most of your queries but I can help you with a few bits.

I calculated your CRS score and yes you do have 400 points based on the information you have provided.

I believe it is okay for your company to mention the other NOC code. I was in a similar position and we ended up phrasing it like this:

" We have reviewed the position description of NOC YYYY and confirm that Mr. XXXX's duties are consistent with those listed. We understand that some of Mr. XXXX’s duties are also found under NOC ZZZ and can see some overlap. However, the duties of NOC ZZZ do not provide for the regular and critical part of Mr. XXXX’s position. These are instead mainly covered by NOC YYYY"