+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

mumbai5

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Hi Asivad, Rajkamalmohan, and all,

I am indeed very thankful to your for your guidance and suggestions. :)
I have received per today. My medicals was done 5 dec 2015. So by the time I do the stamping, it would shoot up 4 dec 2016 time. also my organisation requires strict serving of the. Notice period of 3 months.

So the crux is I am intending to request for an extension in landing date.
Kindly suggest how should I go about doing this. Should I raises CSE right now and later submit my passport for stamping.

Mumbai5

DevGurgaon

Aug 14, 2015
mumbai5 said:

I have received per today. My medicals was done 5 dec 2015. So by the time I do the stamping, it would shoot up 4 dec 2016 time. also my organisation requires strict serving of the. Notice period of 3 months.

Kindly suggest how should I go about doing this. Should I raises CSE right now and later submit my passport for stamping.

Mumbai5
Resign right now... And I mean right now via an email and you can still make it before 4/5 Dec 2016 :)

Notice is generally 90 days and from today (3rd Sept) it will be 1st December ;)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
mumbai5 said:

Mumbai5
You can try but please bear in mind that this request will likely not be granted unless there is a very convincing reason (God forbid, death of a immediate family member/hospitalization etc). You have 2 options. One is to resign immediately; most employers allow you to pay them a months salary for every month of notice you miss. Check if you have the option to buy yourself out by paying money.

The second option is a soft landing. You and your dependents can land and activate your PR status, go back to your country and come back to Canada at a later point in time.

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
Hi all,

Here's my current status:

Ontario PNP PT notification: Jan 11
Application delivered: Feb 23
AOR received: Aug 18
They emailed saying the application is complete but the Bank Draft is invalid now and a fresh one has to be sent; which I have dispatched by Speed Post and will reach them in a week or so.

I recently quit my latest job (on Sept 2, 2016) which I have mentioned in Express Entry profile as my current job. What should I do now? should I update my EE profile? Will it affect my application since I have already received the AOR and my case will be moved to assessment level once they receive the Bank Draft? What should be my next move now?

Please guide me.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone.

Hope all are well.

I want to confirm whether part time experience during full time studies is valid??
Also, is there a possibility that SINP gives the nomination with part time experience but CIC rejects the case??
Please help me out.

*PS:I'm outland applicant.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marooned said:
Hello everyone.

Hope all are well.

I want to confirm whether part time experience during full time studies is valid??
Also, is there a possibility that SINP gives the nomination with part time experience but CIC rejects the case??
Please help me out.

*PS:I'm outland applicant.
Experience gained while studying is valid as long as it did not take place in Canada.

CIC considers your application regardless of whether or not you have PN; as far as CIC is concerned, the only effect PN has on your application is to increase your CRS. And once you've received ITA, your CRS no longer matters, and the VO doesn't need to worry about it.
So yes, CIC can absolutely reject your application if it doesn't meet their standards.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
Experience gained while studying is valid as long as it did not take place in Canada.

CIC considers your application regardless of whether or not you have PN; as far as CIC is concerned, the only effect PN has on your application is to increase your CRS. And once you've received ITA, your CRS no longer matters, and the VO doesn't need to worry about it.
So yes, CIC can absolutely reject your application if it doesn't meet their standards.
Thank you for quick response Istari,
As you said my work experience during education was outside of Canada.
So you think everything is fine and they will give me the points of that part, yes?!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marooned said:
Thank you for quick response Istari,
As you said my work experience during education was outside of Canada.
So you think everything is fine and they will give me the points of that part, yes?!
Yes, if it was in NOC skill level A, B, or O, it should gain you points.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bishgop said:
Hi all,

Here's my current status:

Ontario PNP PT notification: Jan 11
Application delivered: Feb 23
AOR received: Aug 18
They emailed saying the application is complete but the Bank Draft is invalid now and a fresh one has to be sent; which I have dispatched by Speed Post and will reach them in a week or so.

I recently quit my latest job (on Sept 2, 2016) which I have mentioned in Express Entry profile as my current job. What should I do now? should I update my EE profile? Will it affect my application since I have already received the AOR and my case will be moved to assessment level once they receive the Bank Draft? What should be my next move now?

Please guide me.
You should update your EE profile and inform OINP about the same using the "Change of Personal Information form".

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another question,

How does CIC count work experience during studying?
For example how many years will they consider for having 3 years of experience before graduation!
Do they use any specific formula?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marooned said:
Another question,

How does CIC count work experience during studying?
For example how many years will they consider for having 3 years of experience before graduation!
Do they use any specific formula?
What do you mean ?
It's counted the same way as any other work experience.
If you studied for 48 hours per week while working for 15 hours per week at the same time, that counts as 15 hours of work experience.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
istari said:
What do you mean ?
It's counted the same way as any other work experience.
If you studied for 48 hours per week while working for 15 hours per week at the same time, that counts as 15 hours of work experience.
I meant because of being part-time,they will consider it as half? (for example 1.5 years for 3 years)
or they will calculate it accurately ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marooned said:
I meant because of being part-time,they will consider it as half? (for example 1.5 years for 3 years)
or they will calculate it accurately ?
They will calculate it based on the actual number of hours that you worked.

lekshmipiriya

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Hey All,

I need help. My wife gave birth to boy baby last month in Canada and I would like to declare him in my application.

We just received his Birth Certificate.

We received our AOR from OINP on June 13.

Please help me what are all the steps do I have to follow to add him into my application both in MyCIC & OINP.

Thanks

&

Sorry for posting the same topic repeatedly