Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP EE submitted on May 18th
Doc's Request.
9th June, submitted on 13th Jun, 2016
Nomination.....
Nominated 22nd July
Dear Friends,

Need one help or guidance. I am preparing my application to CIC. my spouse has lived in Germany during 2007-08 one year, i don't have the Police certificate and it will take almost a month to get, can i still submit my application and send the PCC later or i should wait and submit with the PCC? secondly, is spouses police certificate more impotent because she is not the principal applicant. please guide

dewk

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mpjaved said:
Dear Friends,

Need one help or guidance. I am preparing my application to CIC. my spouse has lived in Germany during 2007-08 one year, i don't have the Police certificate and it will take almost a month to get, can i still submit my application and send the PCC later or i should wait and submit with the PCC? secondly, is spouses police certificate more impotent because she is not the principal applicant. please guide

You can submit the application and apply for PCC parallelely. As you receive ITA, you can upload a LOE and will be given extra time to submit the PCC, if it does not come by then.

Christina4

Jul 26, 2016
Hello,

does anyone know whether a great aunt ( i.e. My mother's first cousin) counts as a relative in Canada , in order for me to earn the 5 points on the 67/100 scale ?
Thanks a lot .

mpjaved

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP EE submitted on May 18th
Doc's Request.
9th June, submitted on 13th Jun, 2016
Nomination.....
Nominated 22nd July
dewk said:
You can submit the application and apply for PCC parallelely. As you receive ITA, you can upload a LOE and will be given extra time to submit the PCC, if it does not come by then.
thank you dewk

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Christina4 said:
Hello,

does anyone know whether a great aunt ( i.e. My mother's first cousin) counts as a relative in Canada , in order for me to earn the 5 points on the 67/100 scale ?
Thanks a lot .
You should have one of the below relatives to get 5 points in the FSW points grid -

Relatives in Canada
You, or, if it applies, your spouse or common-law partner, have a relative, either a

parent,
grandparent,
child,
grandchild,
child of a parent (sibling),
child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew), who is
living in Canada
18 years or older and
a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
Link ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Christina4 said:
Hello,

Thanks a lot .
Relatives that count are:
- parent,
- grandparent,
- child,
- grandchild,
- child of a parent (sibling),
- child of a grandparent (aunt or uncle), or
- grandchild of a parent (niece or nephew)

So no, your great aunt doesn't count.

Christina4

Jul 26, 2016
Thank you all. One more question please ,

Is it possible to update information on the express entry profile after receiving a pt letter ?

zanny

Jul 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2015
AOR Received.
30-10-2015
IELTS Request
27-07-2015
Interview........
Not reqd
Passport Req..
08-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
Mid-2016
Hello Everyone,

I am in process of applying for the travel document. Now I have couple of questions:

1. I will put in a photocopy of my CoPR
2. I will put in my bank statement
3. For residency obligation what should I do? I landed on June 08, 2016 and I came back on 24th June 2016. I am currently serving notice period with my employer and I plan to move to Toronto in November once my notice period is over. Do I need to fill this section?

Please help as I am confused and I need the travel document on an urgent basis!

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my hubby got sinp nomination and I am waiting for oinp. I am little reluctant to sinp because i am worried how middle school will be in SK. My son is going to 6th grade next year. Anyone has any idea how SK is different from ON on schooling and weather. Anyone from Canada has any idea on this

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
sushsub said:
my hubby got sinp nomination and I am waiting for oinp. I am little reluctant to sinp because i am worried how middle school will be in SK. My son is going to 6th grade next year. Anyone has any idea how SK is different from ON on schooling and weather. Anyone from Canada has any idea on this
Well at least you can get health benefits in SK as soon as you land. I'm still serving the 3-month waiting period in ON.

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bellaluna said:
Well at least you can get health benefits in SK as soon as you land. I'm still serving the 3-month waiting period in ON.
What are you waiting for. I am not exactly getting your point

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sushsub said:
What are you waiting for. I am not exactly getting your point
In the province of Ontario, there is a waiting period before one can be eligible to get publicly funded health insurance. In Alberta, PEI and Saskatchewan (for instance), there is no such waiting period. You are covered by the province's health plan from day 1.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
zanny said:
Hello Everyone,

I am in process of applying for the travel document. Now I have couple of questions:

1. I will put in a photocopy of my CoPR
2. I will put in my bank statement
3. For residency obligation what should I do? I landed on June 08, 2016 and I came back on 24th June 2016. I am currently serving notice period with my employer and I plan to move to Toronto in November once my notice period is over. Do I need to fill this section?

Please help as I am confused and I need the travel document on an urgent basis!
For question 3, you have to show them that you will be able to live in Canada for at least 2 years (in a 5 year period). This 5 year period begins from the day you became a PR. So, just write a letter telling them that you have landed on XX date and since there are 4 years and 10 months more remaining in the 5 year period, you would be able to easily satisfy the 2/5 residency requirement.

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
In the province of Ontario, there is a waiting period before one can be eligible to get publicly funded health insurance. In Alberta, PEI and Saskatchewan (for instance), there is no such waiting period. You are covered by the province's health plan from day 1.
Oh ok thanks