+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Slowlybtsurely said:
I'm filling out my express entry form now and they are asking for husband's work experience details. I wasn't expecting that as i'm not claiming any points from his work experience since it wasn't/isn't gotten in Canada.

Is it ok to select NO? No, meaning he doesn't have any work experience? Won't that be misinterpretation cos he is gainfully employed here in my home country? I just really do not want to deal with additional documentation from him.
You don't have to mention his work experience in the EE profile. After you get ITA, retain his work details in the personal history section alone (and leave it out from the work history section).

Slowlybtsurely

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
You don't have to mention his work experience in the EE profile. After you get ITA, retain his work details in the personal history section alone (and leave it out from the work history section).
Thanks!

So, i should select 'NO' under Partner's Work Experience?

wifiwifey

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
22-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
04-05-2016
Thanks alot for this great post!!! +1 to you..

Here is my query- As part of the proof of fund I showed some of the funds (20% of total) which was shared with my spouse and also included a gift letter (simply a letter she wrote and signed). I received the RPRF request 1 week back and I paid the fee after two days but so far there is no response. Since I have received the RPRF and it is stated in the RPRF letter that Admissibility review in progress, does that mean that they accepted the proof of fund, experience letters and other things? and can we expect a PPR within the next 1-2 months?

This is the wordings of the RPRF letter-
"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.
Before we can approve your application, we require payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)."
askaan305 said:
CIC processing strategy
As per the trends, your eligibility is cleared within the first 5 months and then what is left is the security and criminality. This is for the FSW (outland). For the inland applicants, the process is different, their BGC goes in progress within a few days after they receive the AoR. So its is difficult to predict if it is just a technical issue, or the BGC is initiated sooner in the application.

The anatomy of an standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AoR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicants age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score is affected. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here.

7. At the R10 review if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually by this stage the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a re-assesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send you application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around. But in the last two weeks a lot of applicants are stuck at this stage.

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.

Now, this is NO way is a generalization of the process. Some applications are processed much faster, some are slow. This is what I could gather from my GCMS notes, my experience with dealing with the immigration authorities in US on behalf of my clients and my personal application which is still in progress.

This is only for information to provide a picture about the process, but CIC has never disclosed their processing procedure. However, looking into some immigration cases, and the information through the GCMS notes available on the forum, this is the best generalization I could come up with. Albeit, for some applicants the criminality is done before the eligibility is checked, for other after. So please don't debate as to how one case you saw was different from what I have stated.

This is just an overview. If you do not find it appealing, just ignore it. If it was up to me, I would process all applications much faster.

But, this is a long wait and probably the most important decision you will make in your life. Be optimistic, helpful and supportive of others. This forum is an excellent resource for many, so even when you receive your PPR, please hang on for a few more months and update your timelines and answer any questions other applicants may have. Don't be a parasite.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soye01 said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

My husband is the principal applicant and he submitted his application on 20th of October. We got married in December so he had to update his profile in January and his medicals that was initially passed changed to review in progress. However, i am yet to be called for medicals since the update was done.

We got an email on March 17 requesting for RPRF to be paid so that the final decision can be made. The payment was made upfront (October) for his initial application and mine when was done along with the update that was submitted in January so we attached the receipt and a letter stating that payment were made upfront. No email was received but we observed an update was done(status changed to provided) to the section "review of submitted document".

We have been waiting for an email requesting for me to go for medicals since the update and i will really like to know if you can be of help with regards my questions.

how long does it take to get a PPR after a request for RPRF?
Do i still need to do medicals?
My husband is in Canada while i am in Nigeria. Will this affect the timeline in anyway?
Do i need to send the passport to Canada for PR should it be requested?
How long does a BG check take?

Thank you.
Medicals (In Progress): February 2, 2016
RPRF request: March 17, 2016
Last update: March 22, 2016
Without your upfront Medicals, this application won't be closed even after payment of RPRF. I'm presuming that your spouse has submitted the 'Additional Family Information' form along with your passport and additional POF. If those haven't been done already, please do so right away via CSE along with upfront medicals.

soye01

Mar 30, 2016
Thank you Asivad Anac,

All the documents were submitted except for the medicals which i am yet to do.

We have been waiting for CIC to call me for medicals

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soye01 said:
Thank you Asivad Anac,

All the documents were submitted except for the medicals which i am yet to do.

We have been waiting for CIC to call me for medicals
IRCC expects you to submit medicals upfront under EE. Schedule your medicals right away.

askaan305

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
SAUDI ARABIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
29-10-2015
ONLY PEI nominated Applicants WhatsApp group 65+ members
Dear PEI applicants,
We have a WhatsApp group for ONLY PEI nominated Applicants, this group is exclusively for PEI applicants. This group holds 65+ members, few are already landed and other have received PPR last week only and will be travelling to PEI shortly. If you wish to be part of this PEI group please PM me on 966535304092

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Hi Asivad,

I am sitting with crs of 452. My permit expires in June 2017. I don't want to leave Alberta and go somewhere else. What should be my plan? When should I seriously start worrying and thinking about moving to Ontario?

I will lose 5 marks in December.

Thanks,
Bushra

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Itsmee said:
Hi Asivad,

I am sitting with crs of 452. My permit expires in June 2017. I don't want to leave Alberta and go somewhere else. What should be my plan? When should I seriously start worrying and thinking about moving to Ontario?

I will lose 5 marks in December.

Thanks,
Bushra
Have you maxed out on CWE? If not, that should help compensate for loss of age in December. 452 is competitive and those additional points for CWE would help get an ITA in 2016 even if you don't apply for any PNP (or get an LMIA). Keep the faith.

All the best!

kakmam1

Feb 14, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-12-2015 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
02-06-2016 (Schedule A) Provided on 07-02-2016
Nomination.....
02-02-2016 (SINP)
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
IELTS Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Request
Already submitted with post ITA application
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
CanadaWeCome said:
Hi Asivad.

Apologies for bothering again ......

I have two queries, one for me and one for my friend . Please help

1. I have already submitted the post ITA application and submitted all of my documents (AOR- 25 Feb). I have submitted PCC from PSK in India. I have only one visit outside India (UK on business VISA) in 2013 (from 05 Sep 2013 to 25 Oct 2013- approx 55 days) and I haven't submitted PCC for this visit as I have not stayed there for 6 months. In some threads, I read that you submit PCC for all countries you visited for any duration, be it 4 days/1 week/2 months just to be on safer side as most of the rejections from CIC due to reasons PCC not submitted. I may be overthinking but your valuable inputs needed. A: No, not required for visits less than 6 months (180 days).

2. Friend's query: He created his SINP profile on Oasis some in Feb months and waiting for SINP to start accepting new application for nomination. He has also uploaded all signed/scanned federal forms and relevant mandatory documents and date of signature on forms is of Feb month. His query: If SINP will open later in Aug/Sep/Oct 2016 then does he need to sign/scan once all theses federal forms again with recent dates (whenever SINP will open again) A: No, not required.

Thanks in advance
thanks canadawecome.

Hello canadawecome and Asivad Sir,

One more question.

My friend's EE profile is getting expired on 5 Jun 2016. So let's say, if he will apply for SINP now (it opened today) there could be two things:

1. He can get nomination before profile getting expired i.e. 5 Jun 2016. How to notify SINP for new EE profile number and Job validation code so they can issue nomination again, against new EE profile created ?

2. He will not get nomination before profile get expired and the status will be either "Application received" or "In progress". Then also how to edit new EE profile number and Job validation code in SINP application at Oasis site ??

Please help

canadahere.I.come

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Thank you Asivad ...... It cleared my confusion!!!

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Have you maxed out on CWE? If not, that should help compensate for loss of age in December. 452 is competitive and those additional points for CWE would help get an ITA in 2016 even if you don't apply for any PNP (or get an LMIA). Keep the faith.

All the best!

Hi Asivad,

Thanks for your response. I don't know what CWE is