NA
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
Hi Asivad,

One of my friend done Bachelor in Arts and Master in Arts but Canadian equivalency awarded is as below:

Bachelor in Arts: Bachelor Degree (Four years)
Master in Arts: One year of graduate study

My query is that, for checking the eligibility for Express entry (67/100) & everywhere else (anywhere in the EE profile)what we need to select for education:

Education Maximum 25 points

University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level or equal 25 points
Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal(at least one must be for a program of at least three years) 22 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, 21 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a two-year program, or equal 19 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a one-year program, or equal 15 points
Canadian high school diploma, or equal 5 points

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakmam1 said:
Hi Asivad,

One of my friend done Bachelor in Arts and Master in Arts but Canadian equivalency awarded is as below:

My query is that, for checking the eligibility for Express entry (67/100) & everywhere else (anywhere in the EE profile)what we need to select for education:

Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or equal(at least one must be for a program of at least three years) 22 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a program of three years or longer, 21 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a two-year program, or equal 19 points
Canadian post-secondary degree or diploma for a one-year program, or equal 15 points
They can choose ' Two or more..... at least three years)'.

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kakmam1 said:
Hi Asivad,

one will get 21 points for Bachelors. Any study not assessed as equivalent to Canadian degree/ diploma is not awarded points.

SamSamo

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Hi Asivad again,

I have 2 more questions:

1. Does translation and verification of some documents (pay stubs, birth certificate, etc.) by authorized translator is enough or should they be notarized as well?
2. Do I need to scan and attach my old passport's bio page along with my current one?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamSamo said:
Hi Asivad again,

I have 2 more questions:

1. Does translation and verification of some documents (pay stubs, birth certificate, etc.) by authorized translator is enough or should they be notarized as well?

If the translation is done by IRCC certified translators in Canada, not required. Else they need to be notarized. You don't need to submit pay stubs if your reference letter makes it clear that it was paid work experience. You need to submit birth certificates only for dependent children - you can even choose to submit just their passport as that would establish the relationship.

2. Do I need to scan and attach my old passport's bio page along with my current one?

Not required. Just the bio page(s) from your current passport.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
SamSamo said:
Hi Asivad again,

I have 2 more questions:

1. Does translation and verification of some documents (pay stubs, birth certificate, etc.) by authorized translator is enough or should they be notarized as well? A: Notarized as well.
2. Do I need to scan and attach my old passport's bio page along with my current one? A: If you are asking for OINP, Yes, If its less than 2 years old, else No.

Galilee

Jan 27, 2016
Hi Asivad,

Please can you let me know your thoughts on translation. We already have a translation of Italian police certificates (both) into English (notarized) because the original is entirely in Italian.

1. My wife's Russian police certificate is dual language, top half of the page in Russian, bottom half of the page in English. The content is the same but nothing other than the style indicates that is the case unless you can read both languages. Do we need a translation or just a mention in our letter of explanation?

2. Several stamps in our passports are in other languages including border crossing stamps in Russian and Arabic script and stamps in Russian providing a cross reference to internal passports (similar to a national ID card). Do we need translation for either of these types of passport stamps?

Thank you in advance!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Galilee said:
Hi Asivad,

Please can you let me know your thoughts on translation. We already have a translation of Italian police certificates (both) into English (notarized) because the original is entirely in Italian.

1. My wife's Russian police certificate is dual language, top half of the page in Russian, bottom half of the page in English. The content is the same but nothing other than the style indicates that is the case unless you can read both languages. Do we need a translation or just a mention in our letter of explanation?

An LoE would suffice. Get a translation only if doesn't count you too much in money and/or time.

2. Several stamps in our passports are in other languages including border crossing stamps in Russian and Arabic script and stamps in Russian providing a cross reference to internal passports (similar to a national ID card). Do we need translation for either of these types of passport stamps?

Not required. IRCC doesn't ask you to upload passport stamps so the question of translation doesn't arise here.

Thank you in advance!

Galilee

Jan 27, 2016
Thank you Asivad. I had read elsewhere about stamps being required:

sam_172452 said:
Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)

"You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport.
Include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc. any pages with stamps, visas or markings. If you are a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, a citizen of Denmark living in Greenland, or a citizen of France living in St. Pierre and Miquelon, you are not required to present a passport. You may present an identity document. Your identity document must show proof of status or citizenship as well as photo identification. Your identity document must include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates. This document must be issued by your country of citizenship or permanent residence. You must ensure that the identity document you present provides proof of status or citizenship and photo identification. If not, you must scan all necessary identity documents and save them under one identity document file."

I am now scared that we were expected to upload the whole passport even with blank pages..
Is that now out of date? CIC's request is actually as follows:

"Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)
You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or travel document bio data page. If using your passport, include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.

Your travel document must show proof of status (citizenship or residency), as well as photo identification. Your travel document must be issued by a government and include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates, if applicable. A travel document is used only by individuals who cannot obtain a passport."

So safer to go just with passport photo pages (+ UK temporary residence photo card?) and avoid questions about foreign language stamps?

Thanks again :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Galilee said:
Thank you Asivad. I had read elsewhere about stamps being required:

Is that now out of date? CIC's request is actually as follows:

"Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)
You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport or travel document bio data page. If using your passport, include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc.

Your travel document must show proof of status (citizenship or residency), as well as photo identification. Your travel document must be issued by a government and include your name, photo, date of birth, document number, and the issue and expiry dates, if applicable. A travel document is used only by individuals who cannot obtain a passport."

So safer to go just with passport photo pages (+ UK temporary residence photo card?) and avoid questions about foreign language stamps?

Thanks again :)
Absolutely safe. You don't need to provide the UK photo card either.

pavel123

Mar 15, 2016
Hello Asivad,

I need your advice please. I have created my profile on 14th Nov 2015 with 381 points (under CEC) and today I updated it to 413 points with improved IELTS result. Got it perfect so no room to improve points anymore. I hope to get an invitation for Ontario Nomination.

Do you think I should definitely recreate my profile to get chances of invitation?

The reason to ask is that I hired a lawyer and will cancel my agreement with him as he charges extra for profile recreation.

Thank you very much,
Pavel

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pavel123 said:
Hello Asivad,

I need your advice please. I have created my profile on 14th Nov 2015 with 381 points (under CEC) and today I updated it to 413 points with improved IELTS result. Got it perfect so no room to improve points anymore. I hope to get an invitation for Ontario Nomination.

Do you think I should definitely recreate my profile to get chances of invitation?

The reason to ask is that I hired a lawyer and will cancel my agreement with him as he charges extra for profile recreation.

Thank you very much,
Pavel
Wait for a week to see if you get anything from Ontario. There are signs that they may have slowed down or stopped sending invites. Watch the forum threads closely to check any action on OINP.

Recreate after a week's time. That gives you time to think about your decision of continuing with the lawyer or not.

pavel123

Mar 15, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Wait for a week to see if you get anything from Ontario. There are signs that they may have slowed down or stopped sending invites. Watch the forum threads closely to check any action on OINP.

Recreate after a week's time. That gives you time to think about your decision of continuing with the lawyer or not.
Thank you for the quick reply. Will wait and think for a week..

sarah001

Mar 7, 2016
Hello Asivad,

I got my ITA last month under FSW inland I have few questions as i am new to this forum :

1) How can i prove my relationship with my uncle/Anty as they are related to my mom's side and none of them has birth certificate All i have is the copy of their citizenship card and passport. Should i ask for a letter from both of them or either of them or is there any better way that you can suggest?

2) I have noticed people on this forum are having issues schedule A and when you fill the form its not very clear so i was thinking to upload my the schdule A with my application what do you have to say about it?

THANKS IN ADVANCE