+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

Mario_AB

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello AsiVad,

I have a question regarding the passport validity after PPR.

I received PPR on Feb 16, 2016 and my passport is due to expire on Sep 4, 2016. I sent my passport to CPC-Ottawa on Feb 24th, i.e They received my passport before that 6 months validity(at the time of sending my passport was valid for 6 months and 10 days technically). Until now i didn't receive any update from CPC-Ottawa. over the last weekend my passport validity has fallen to less than 6 months. Do you think its going to be a problem? Can you please advise on what to do at this point.

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Filling my express entry profile. Do I need to provide my school and college education history? or my masters and bachelors are enough?

Furthermore, Was Syed Uzair Haider awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study? Should I say Yes or NO?

I have already assessed my educational documents from WES and my equivalency is Masters degree.

Looking forward to a quick response.

Cheers!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Asivad, this is a question that came to me after reading the thread tanit just made- upon landing, exactly how does one establish proof of funds? I was under the impression bank statements would work, but tanit's post makes it seem as though that is not a given. What did you use as proof of funds upon landing? What would you say is the best form of proof of funds to have?
I wasn't asked anything about POF on landing. Bank statements would work - if they're good enough for provinces and IRCC, they are good enough for the officer at the immigration desk.

Depending on one's situation, the best form of POF would be some combination of currency, travel card(s) and bank statements.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mario_AB said:
Hello AsiVad,

I have a question regarding the passport validity after PPR.

I received PPR on Feb 16, 2016 and my passport is due to expire on Sep 4, 2016. I sent my passport to CPC-Ottawa on Feb 24th, i.e They received my passport before that 6 months validity(at the time of sending my passport was valid for 6 months and 10 days technically). Until now i didn't receive any update from CPC-Ottawa. over the last weekend my passport validity has fallen to less than 6 months. Do you think its going to be a problem? Can you please advise on what to do at this point.
Won't be a problem at all. Nothing to be done here.

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Asivad Anac said:
I wasn't asked anything about POF on landing. Bank statements would work - if they're good enough for provinces and IRCC, they are good enough for the officer at the immigration desk.

Depending on one's situation, the best form of POF would be some combination of currency, travel card(s) and bank statements.
Thank you, this gives me a lot of relief. Carrying that much money on one's person in any form is a terrifying prospect haha.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syeduzairhaider said:
Filling my express entry profile. Do I need to provide my school and college education history? or my masters and bachelors are enough?

Just Masters would suffice as your Masters credential was assessed as equivalent to Canadian Masters degree.

Furthermore, Was Syed Uzair Haider awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study? Should I say Yes or NO?

Answer No as you weren't awarded a Canadian degree for this period of study. You simply got it assessed by WES.

I have already assessed my educational documents from WES and my equivalency is Masters degree.

Looking forward to a quick response.

Cheers!

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks man..highly appreciated.

CIC is asking for ECA certificate number. However, I am confused do I need to provide the seven digits numeric figure or should i add the last three letters also?

Example: 295**50IMM

Furthermore, I would like to mention my Bachelors also.

Date of language test results? Should I mention the date on which my result was announced 22 january 2016 or the date on which my report was signed and mentioned in report 21 january 2016.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syeduzairhaider said:
Thanks man..highly appreciated.

CIC is asking for ECA certificate number. However, I am confused do I need to provide the seven digits numeric figure or should i add the last three letters also?

Example: 295**50IMM

Furthermore, I would like to mention my Bachelors also.
No harm in mentioning Bachelors as well. Add the last 3 letters also.

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have done Internship in Siemens and Civil Aviation Authority. Furthermore, in the past I have worked for a private firm for almost 15 months from April 2013 to june 2014. However, they don't give me points for work experience since it doesn't fall in the NOC I am applying for. Do I have to mentioned them? If I exclude all of them, I will only have my current job which is from july 2014 to present.

kindly reply.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syeduzairhaider said:
I have done Internship in Siemens and Civil Aviation Authority. Furthermore, in the past I have worked for a private firm for almost 15 months from April 2013 to june 2014. However, they don't give me points for work experience since it doesn't fall in the NOC I am applying for. Do I have to mentioned them? If I exclude all of them, I will only have my current job which is from july 2014 to present.

kindly reply.
If you don't need points for some jobs, remove them from Work history section of your application.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
syeduzairhaider said:
Date of language test results? Should I mention the date on which my result was announced 22 january 2016 or the date on which my report was signed and mentioned in report 21 january 2016.
No, this is the date the IELTS Test was taken by you or conducted.

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
No, this is the date the IELTS Test was taken by you or conducted.
The one your are referring to is "Date of language test".

I was asking about "Date of test results".

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Hi Asivad,
I had a question. I sent in my FBI PCC request back in November. I sent in my eAPR application to CIC on March 4. My PCC request was just processed by the FBI earlier today, and I learned that my fingerprints were rejected, and I will need to send a fresh request in.
My question is, when the CIC grants me an extension for the PCC which I requested in my application, it will be 60 days, right? So even if I get my fresh fingerprints sent in by the end of this week, and they reach there by March 14, I have another four month long wait ahead of me. So how do I request a second extension from CIC? When do I do so? Do I do so as soon as I get the certification of declination from the FBI in the mail? Or do I wait until almost the end of the 60 day window, and then request an extension, also showing them that I mailed the FBI as soon as possible, and tried to have the process expedited, but I still could not get a successful PCC in the time given to me even with the extension?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aragorn165 said:
Hi Asivad,
I had a question. I sent in my FBI PCC request back in November. I sent in my eAPR application to CIC on March 4. My PCC request was just processed by the FBI earlier today, and I learned that my fingerprints were rejected, and I will need to send a fresh request in.
My question is, when the CIC grants me an extension for the PCC which I requested in my application, it will be 60 days, right? So even if I get my fresh fingerprints sent in by the end of this week, and they reach there by March 14, I have another four month long wait ahead of me. So how do I request a second extension from CIC? When do I do so? Do I do so as soon as I get the certification of declination from the FBI in the mail? Or do I wait until almost the end of the 60 day window, and then request an extension, also showing them that I mailed the FBI as soon as possible, and tried to have the process expedited, but I still could not get a successful PCC in the time given to me even with the extension?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Wait till the last possible moment of that extension period if and when offered by IRCC. At that time, inform IRCC that you'd applied to FBI in advance so you could submit the PCC in time and provide evidence of the same. Add evidence of the refusal. Add evidence of having applied all over again. Politely request them to give you an additional extension of 60 days to be able to submit this report. Then you're completely at their mercy so be prepared for either an extension or a refusal.

Meanwhile, plan to create another EE profile such that you're ready with an ITA around the same time you may be potentially refused by IRCC for not having this FBI report. Hedge your bets well.