+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you Asivad Anac

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Kindly note that Iam Indian basically residing in Saudi Arabia under my husband's sponsorship and currently working for a service provider company. Iam in the process of applying for PR to Canada. I have few queries which needs to be clarified, if any of the experts available here might advise...

1. I completed my studies/graduation in 2005 after which I got married and moved to Saudi Arabia and one year after my second child was born I started working as accountant in 2011. So overall I have 4+ years of experience but there is a gap of nearly 6 years between my graduation and work experience during which I was a home maker. Does this effect If I apply as Principal applicant and CIC will refuse my application because of this gap ??

2. Recently I renewed my passport and my Saudi Visa is stamped on my old passport. As per Saudi Laws, Saudi Passports department doesn't stamp or transfer visa copy to new passport. They just enter the new passport details in their system. so when I upload passport copy in MyCIC, do I have to upload first/last page of new passport and visa copy page of old passport ? Also the visa stamped on old passport is in Arabic, so do I have to get it translated in English or no need ?

3. Is it acceptable by CIC if I provide the PCC obtained from the Indian Embassy in Riyadh or do I have to get a PCC from the local Police commissioner office in India ?? the Indian Embassy in Riyadh do provide a PCC but do not mention any dates. They just mention whether there is any criminal case or adverse information is against the applicant.

Sorry for such a long query and overloading you with questions....... :(

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
SaaZ77 said:
Kindly note that Iam Indian basically residing in Saudi Arabia under my husband's sponsorship and currently working for a service provider company. Iam in the process of applying for PR to Canada. I have few queries which needs to be clarified, if any of the experts available here might advise...

1. I completed my studies/graduation in 2005 after which I got married and moved to Saudi Arabia and one year after my second child was born I started working as accountant in 2011. So overall I have 4+ years of experience but there is a gap of nearly 6 years between my graduation and work experience during which I was a home maker. Does this effect If I apply as Principal applicant and CIC will refuse my application because of this gap ??
A: No, not at all.
2. Recently I renewed my passport and my Saudi Visa is stamped on my old passport. As per Saudi Laws, Saudi Passports department doesn't stamp or transfer visa copy to new passport. They just enter the new passport details in their system. so when I upload passport copy in MyCIC, do I have to upload first/last page of new passport and visa copy page of old passport ? Also the visa stamped on old passport is in Arabic, so do I have to get it translated in English or no need ?
A: Not required.
3. Is it acceptable by CIC if I provide the PCC obtained from the Indian Embassy in Riyadh or do I have to get a PCC from the local Police commissioner office in India ?? the Indian Embassy in Riyadh do provide a PCC but do not mention any dates. They just mention whether there is any criminal case or adverse information is against the applicant.
A: You have to get it from Riyadh Embassy only. Not mentioning dates in a non-issue

Sorry for such a long query and overloading you with questions....... :(

singhshaman

Star Member
Jan 12, 2016
Hi Asivad,

I posted this on another thread where a user suggested I should get your opinion. My Query:-

My H1B petition did not get selected in the lottery in 2013. I was only informed by my employer that we had filed H1B for you but petition was not selected in the lottery. I asked them whether this should be treated as a visa rejection they said 'No' because the petition was denied because of lottery system and the case did not even reach the Consulate. Should I select 'Yes' for the question "have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry, or been asked to leave Canada or any other country?". I was planning to select 'No'.

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
singhshaman said:
Hi Asivad,

I posted this on another thread where a user suggested I should get your opinion. My Query:-

My H1B petition did not get selected in the lottery in 2013. I was only informed by my employer that we had filed H1B for you but petition was not selected in the lottery. I asked them whether this should be treated as a visa rejection they said 'No' because the petition was denied because of lottery system and the case did not even reach the Consulate. Should I select 'Yes' for the question "have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry, or been asked to leave Canada or any other country?". I was planning to select 'No'.

Thanks.
Proceed with 'No'.

Ramii

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Hello Asivad,
I had a question, during my working period I took a long holidays (unpaid holiday) around 6 months, and the other was business related should I mention that in detail in my personal history ?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Ramii said:
Hello Asivad,
I had a question, during my working period I took a long holidays (unpaid holiday) around 6 months, and the other was business related should I mention that in detail in my personal history ?
Yes, of course it goes without saying...if you have travelled for vacation, you can put it as travel and/or vacation and not to forget, in case you have stayed in a country, for which you already don't have PCC for, you need to arrange that as well.

sugan28

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-09-2015
AOR Received.
17-09-2015
File Transfer...
26-10-2015
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
Hi Asivad,
I need your help .Not sure how this will impact application.I am september AOR and applied under FSW.. I got my GMCS notes and noticed my points were dropped in e-apr and it seems to be ECA not updated during e-apr and I provided ECA before ITA. Not Sure how it got missed.

However I can see agent review stating ECA is consistent and verified in WES.R10 ok and police certificates are ok

What Shall I do now?

JZPASSI

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2015
Doc's Request.
08-07-2015
Nomination.....
29-09-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-02-2017
Hi Asivad,

Received GCMS notes for my app today...looks like eligibility is ok...meds are passed...R10 is ok...the file was last updated on 11 dec by CPC-Ottawa and was transferred to Pretoria under workload redistribution...since then there are no updates...what should I conclude from this? I am unable to copy paste the officer notes here as it is PDF...

Many thanks

head2ca

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 4th, 2016
Hi Asiavad,

My PCC request reached FBI on Jan 25th, 2016. I got an ITA on Feb 10th, 2016.

I have collected all the required documents except FBI police clearance certificate.

Should I submit the documents including a Letter of Explanation as to why I am not able to obtain a PCC from FBI today or should I wait till the end of 60-day period?

Will the processing start if I submit it today without the PCC or will there be no processing until they receive a PCC?

Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sugan28 said:
Hi Asivad,
I need your help .Not sure how this will impact application.I am september AOR and applied under FSW.. I got my GMCS notes and noticed my points were dropped in e-apr and it seems to be ECA not updated during e-apr and I provided ECA before ITA. Not Sure how it got missed.

However I can see agent review stating ECA is consistent and verified in WES.R10 ok and police certificates are ok

What Shall I do now?
If you're worried about it, send in your ECA report via CSE.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JZPASSI said:
Hi Asivad,

Received GCMS notes for my app today...looks like eligibility is ok...meds are passed...R10 is ok...the file was last updated on 11 dec by CPC-Ottawa and was transferred to Pretoria under workload redistribution...since then there are no updates...what should I conclude from this? I am unable to copy paste the officer notes here as it is PDF...

Many thanks
If nothing looks amiss, good news. Just be patient while the process unfolds at its own pace.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
head2ca said:
Hi Asiavad,

My PCC request reached FBI on Jan 25th, 2016. I got an ITA on Feb 10th, 2016.

I have collected all the required documents except FBI police clearance certificate.

Should I submit the documents including a Letter of Explanation as to why I am not able to obtain a PCC from FBI today or should I wait till the end of 60-day period?

Will the processing start if I submit it today without the PCC or will there be no processing until they receive a PCC?

Thanks.
Submit after the 55th day or so. FBI report won't be ready even then but you can ask for (and will be granted) an additional 30-60 day window later to upload the FBI report. IRCC is super finicky about PCCs.

head2ca

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 4th, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
Submit after the 55th day or so. FBI report won't be ready even then but you can ask for (and will be granted) an additional 30-60 day window later to upload the FBI report. IRCC is super finicky about PCCs.

Thank you!! I'll apply on the 55th day

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Dear @head2ca,
Please read this to calm your nerves further...http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-updates-instructions-on-procedures-related-to-police-certificates-ee-t397893.0.html;new#new

and do as @Asivad Anac suggested, submit your application as close as possible to the deadline with all the proofs attached (and explained in the LoE) of your best efforts to acquire the FBI PCC within the lotted timeline.

All the very Best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
People,

Please take time to read this link ---> http://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-instructions-on-procedures-related-to-police-certificates-and-express-entry-completeness-checks.html

Not sure if this has been shared on the forum before but IRCC has updated its instructions regarding PCCs. Thanks to Ashutosh (Not sure if he's on the forum) for pointing this out.

Here's the highlight -

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC, formerly known as CIC) has provided updates to the published instructions on police certificates with respect to the Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada.

This update may affect individuals who receive an Invitation To Apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence through Express Entry.

Language revisions were made to clarify the text, and under Exceptional circumstances, the instructions have been changed to reflect that clients are required to provide both proof of having requested a police certificate and an explanation of their best efforts to produce a police certificate before the 60-day deadline after the ITA has been issued. These Exceptional circumstances are outlined below.

In addition, the instructions have been revised to reflect that police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country where an individual has lived for six months or more in total, not necessarily in a row.

Document requirements

For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-application.
For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the departure date of the last time the client resided in that country for more than six months.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
Some countries require that the applicant complete a consent form to initiate a police certificate. The form is then uploaded (with any other police certificates the applicant may provide) as part of the e-application. If the application is not rejected as incomplete, the processing office will assess the consent form and electronic file and initiate the police certificate.

In exceptional circumstances, IRCC may accept

proof of having requested a police certificate for such countries; and
an explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance). The applicant should explain the delay in a document and upload the document. The uploaded document must show that the applicant requested a police certificate as soon as possible after receiving their Invitation to Apply.
So, applicants might have to submit PCCs for countries where they have stayed 6 months or longer in total and not necessarily in a row.