+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
I have that in detail.
My family member has a very common name and also changed their name (added surname)
My GCMS have a note indicating a name change. Everything is same except that "state" name shows up in new value.
Don't even know why DOB, Gender, Place of Birth etc is part of "Name".

Do you think this can trigger additional security checks?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
My GCMS have a note indicating a name change. Everything is same except that "state" name shows up in new value.
Don't even know why DOB, Gender, Place of Birth etc is part of "Name".

Do you think this can trigger additional security checks?

If you have a common name or legal name change or common dob of someone with criminal record, IRCC usually does additional check to ensure that it's not the same person. You should also find AKA in notes. check in more details in the ATIP notes to see what is triggering the additional checks. which section is wiped/erased in your notes?

this is what shows in my family members notes:
GCMS/FOSS: Name search completed. Above 80% matches appear to be for different individuals (diff names, DOB and details)

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
If you have a common name or legal name change or common dob of someone with criminal record, IRCC usually does additional check to ensure that it's not the same person. You should also find AKA in notes. check in more details in the ATIP notes to see what is triggering the additional checks. which section is wiped/erased in your notes?

this is what shows in my family members notes:
GCMS/FOSS: Name search completed. Above 80% matches appear to be for different individuals (diff names, DOB and details)
Is this what you are referring to related to "AKA". Security section is blank in my GCMS notes, have requested CBSA notes early December, havent received it yet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s_OLdzpS340Rv8QUNuho3UQ0QX2VWvGJ/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Reactions: unnipbvr

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Exact on 2 weeks mark post- BGC (Dec 07), today spouse got DM in ECAS, while mine stays IP. Hoping mine should be updated too within 24 hrs (by tomorrow), then tracker on Saturday.
Finally, approaching to an END of the painful journey of 16+ months, albeit as per service standard, eh! Dare to question? Nah!
-------------
Full timeline:
-------------
  • Sent: Oct 03, 2022
  • Delivered: Oct 04, 2022
  • AOR: Nov 17, 2022
  • Paper, Family(3), Toronto
  • App File date: Nov 10
  • ECAS In Process: Feb 8
  • VO: Scarborough
  • Test Taken: Feb 24
  • FP Req for spouse: Feb 22
  • FP Submitted: Feb 22
  • FP Received: Mar 13
  • BGC for A1: Mar 14
  • BGC for A2: Dec 7, 2023 (10 months in SS)
  • LPP: Dec 21, 2023 (2 weeks after BGC)
  • Oath IP: Dec 29, 2023 (1 week after LPP)
  • Oath Scheduled: Feb 08, 2024 (Ironically, Feb 8, 2023 was SS start dated).
-----
Salient highlights:
SS : 10 months
SS >> LPP: 2 Weeks
LPP >> Oath: 1 week.
-----
Good luck everyone! Hang tight. I know the suffering and this shall pass too for you too!

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
I really want to know if there is any chance of SS to be completed before 6-8-10 months

Because if it have have to take that long ,, then may be I should forget about citizenship for sometime,,,
And invest my time and energy in other things.

Any insight/response is appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!!!

ta123

Sep 14, 2023
I really want to know if there is any chance of SS to be completed before 6-8-10 months

Because if it have have to take that long ,, then may be I should forget about citizenship for sometime,,,
And invest my time and energy in other things.

Any insight/response is appreciated!!! Thank you in advance!!!
The problem is, nobody knows how long it is going to take to complete the SS. It takes only one month for some, and for others it takes a long time. All of us just speculating here and trying to figure out the system but we are only guessing!

I don't know your situation, but I would say there is a chance that you would be among the lucky ones who complete the whole process within 3-5 months. You will only find out once you apply! :D

I would say, if you don't have any obligations, then apply! Time is going to pass anyways! So you might as well use it to become a citizen :)

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
The problem is, nobody knows how long it is going to take to complete the SS. It takes only one month for some, and for others it takes a long time. All of us just speculating here and trying to figure out the system but we are only guessing!

I don't know your situation, but I would say there is a chance that you would be among the lucky ones who complete the whole process within 3-5 months. You will only find out once you apply! :D

I would say, if you don't have any obligations, then apply! Time is going to pass anyways! So you might as well use it to become a citizen :)
Application submitted in Sept,,, BG pending after FP received,,,, called and was told office is working on SS.
I read here it takes 6+ months and if that's true I just want to stop checking the tracker insanely....
Wonder how it's done for most folks within days.

• Love
Reactions: unsure dream

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Application submitted in Sept,,, BG pending after FP received,,,, called and was told office is working on SS.
I read here it takes 6+ months and if that's true I just want to stop checking the tracker insanely....
for my family of three husband and wife both got fingerprints and got it done and IRCC received results in july. for wife, criminality+ss passed in 1 day which is also called as background check. her prohibitions passed after 1 month. For husband, criminality passed but SS in progress. As per notes, it looks like it is due to common name/date of birth.

• Sad
Reactions: mm32019

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
join our WhatsApp group, we all waiting for SS, the wait time is 10 months, last SS cleared was for applicants who submitted finger print on early Feb 2022, they were cleared for ss and background check, mid Dec, since then no SS cleared, so waiting to see the rest of Feb cleared this month at least, they already passed 10 months in SS, could be they passed 10 months because of holiday, we don't know, but for the past few months , it is been taking 10 months from all of the applicants to get SS and BG cleared, for the one only who stuck like us, of course not every one requeried SS., those get BG cleared right after submitting Finger print or even without finger print
https://chat.whatsapp.com/ItjWGa56REw36S9pEUMUW7

Reactions: mm32019