+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

tired_man

Nov 7, 2023
Hi all, I got my GCMS Notes last week and I see that my criminality is passed on Sep 28. (as well as knowledge) but my Language, Residence and Prohibition is Not Started)

Wondering if anyone know how long it might take from Criminality to Background check completed?

Primary Office: Vancouver
Secondary Sydney
AOR: Aug 23

Thank you,
Hello, I'm on the same boat. However, my AOR is July 2022 and have been waiting for security clearance since December 2022. I thought my application is the simplest one. last 17 months have proved me I was wrong.

Mona.M

Jun 12, 2016
Hello, I'm on the same boat. However, my AOR is July 2022 and have been waiting for security clearance since December 2022. I thought my application is the simplest one. last 17 months have proved me I was wrong.

oh... that's too much, have you called them or do you have any note on GCMS indicating why?

tariq5050

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
Hi all, I got my GCMS Notes last week and I see that my criminality is passed on Sep 28. (as well as knowledge) but my Language, Residence and Prohibition is Not Started)

Wondering if anyone know how long it might take from Criminality to Background check completed?

Primary Office: Vancouver
Secondary Sydney
AOR: Aug 23

Thank you,
Same boat as you. I passed my criminality with no FP requests and security is still pending hence why your background check and LPP is not completed yet. It seems like the security check is the slowest of all, with average times taking around 10 months to the 16 months from date of AOR. It is a waiting game for us, not much that can be done to speed it up.

Thank you,

Reactions: Mona.M

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Got GU about BGC today.
  • SS start: Feb 08, 2023
  • SS end: Dec 07, 2023
Took exactly 10 months (303rd day).

-------------
Full timeline:
-------------
  • Sent: Oct 03, 2022
  • Delivered: Oct 04, 2022
  • AOR: Nov 17, 2022
  • Paper, Family(3), Toronto
  • App File date: Nov 10
  • ECAS In Process: Feb 8
  • VO: Scarborough
  • Test Taken: Feb 24
  • FP Req for spouse: Feb 22
  • FP Submitted: Feb 22
  • FP Received: Mar 13
  • BGC for A1: Mar 14
  • BGC for A2: Dec 7, 2023 (10 months in SS)
-----
Good luck everyone!
Exact on 2 weeks mark post- BGC (Dec 07), today spouse got DM in ECAS, while mine stays IP. Hoping mine should be updated too within 24 hrs (by tomorrow), then tracker on Saturday.

Reactions: holyspectral

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Applied citizenship for my family member in March 2023
bakground check in progress.
criminality passed
Security - in progress.

Notes state about name/date of birth being common, thus I assume that's why security clearance is taking time.

tesla_man

Dec 23, 2023
criminality passed
Security - in progress.

Notes state about name/date of birth being common, thus I assume that's why security clearance is taking time.
Hi thecoolguysam,

how we can understand that Security in Progress..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hi thecoolguysam,

how we can understand that Security in Progress..
Background check has two parts: Criminality and Security. When both are completed, Background check will say complete.
In our case, criminality has passed, security is still in progress. It was confirmed by the call centre and also as per the ATIP notes

Reactions: tesla_man

tesla_man

Dec 23, 2023
Background check has two parts: Criminality and Security. When both are completed, Background check will say complete.
In our case, criminality has passed, security is still in progress. It was confirmed by the call centre and also as per the ATIP notes
Is Criminality checked through Fingerprint by RCMP and Security by CSIS, am I right?

tesla_man

Dec 23, 2023
Hi all,

Could you please help me to know how I can get GCMS note, what are the steps or link..and as I have paid a representative, so can I call IRCC directly to know the status..

Thanks..

captainplanetjuniorz

Nov 13, 2023
criminality passed
Security - in progress.

Hi. Where did you see the note about name/date of birth being common? I got the GCMS notes too but don’t recall seeing anything like that. Security in progress for almost a year.