+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

canadalove1

Sep 19, 2023
Hi folks. I have my AOR in April 2023. I stuck in the background check (criminality passed based on ATIP). I had an interview last month. I did my citizenship test outside Canada and am currently living and working outside Canada. After my interview, Language and Presence turned green. I applied for ATIP, and in the officer note (after the interview) is written: "Outcome of review: Pending clearance". Do you have any idea why the outcome of the interview is written like that?

inteljeet

Jan 18, 2011
Have you ever considered any action such as a writ of mandamus?
I did a few times, now that I have renewed my passport, PR card, US Visa, I have stopped caring. It will come when it comes. I met with MP a few days ago and I happened to speak at one of the events where MP was also present the previous night. He recognized me and said I understand security clearance is black hole

Reactions: tired_man

Andrei141590

Mar 20, 2019
July 2022 AOR here. Test completed Dec. 2022. GCMS shows they changed my application status to "on hold" end of Aug 2023. E-grant clearance pending. I contacted them a few times no answer about what's wrong there. I have not asked to provide anything. I'm getting frustrated.
what is GCMS stand for?

faisalyaakhan

Feb 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2019
What is the difference between WebForm and GCMS (AITP)? Are they 2 treated differently and the information replied back is different? Which one is recommended in this scenario where our BG has not been completed 6 months after AOR. 5 months after Citizenship test.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
What is the difference between WebForm and GCMS (AITP)? Are they 2 treated differently and the information replied back is different? Which one is recommended in this scenario where our BG has not been completed 6 months after AOR. 5 months after Citizenship test.
Webform is for communication with IRCC.
GCMS is a log of all the things that has happened with your application. Its helps you to understand where is your application stuck. In your case GCMS will help.

Reactions: faisalyaakhan

faisalyaakhan

Feb 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2019
Webform is for communication with IRCC.
GCMS is a log of all the things that has happened with your application. Its helps you to understand where is your application stuck. In your case GCMS will help.
Thanks, I have applied for GCMS (AITP), was confused about webform, this makes it clear.

ta123

Sep 14, 2023
Has anyone recently cleared the security check? I am wondering what the timeline is like these days. Do you guys have any information?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Got GU about BGC today.
  • SS start: Feb 08, 2023
  • SS end: Dec 07, 2023
Took exactly 10 months (303rd day).

-------------
Full timeline:
-------------
  • Sent: Oct 03, 2022
  • Delivered: Oct 04, 2022
  • AOR: Nov 17, 2022
  • Paper, Family(3), Toronto
  • App File date: Nov 10
  • ECAS In Process: Feb 8
  • VO: Scarborough
  • Test Taken: Feb 24
  • FP Req for spouse: Feb 22
  • FP Submitted: Feb 22
  • FP Received: Mar 13
  • BGC for A1: Mar 14
  • BGC for A2: Dec 7, 2023 (10 months in SS)
-----
Good luck everyone!

• Love
Reactions: ta123 and ijaz_ch84

student777

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Help help help!

GCMS notes says: Status: Fingerprints Required. But I didn’t receive any request letter nether on Portal nor on Email. What should I do?

elfei

Aug 19, 2020
Help help help!

GCMS notes says: Status: Fingerprints Required. But I didn’t receive any request letter nether on Portal nor on Email. What should I do?
It's best to call IRCC call centre and ask them
I also want to request a GCMS note. I'm not sure from which department I should request it, IRCC or CBSA?

Mona.M

Jun 12, 2016
Hi all, I got my GCMS Notes last week and I see that my criminality is passed on Sep 28. (as well as knowledge) but my Language, Residence and Prohibition is Not Started)

Wondering if anyone know how long it might take from Criminality to Background check completed?

Primary Office: Vancouver
Secondary Sydney
AOR: Aug 23

Thank you,