+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

ta123

Sep 14, 2023
Hey guys,

Count me in! I have been waiting for my BGC since June 5th 2023 (I think!). You can see the details of my application in my signature. I was never asked for FP and my GCMS notes show that I passed criminality on June 21 2023 (started on June 5th). So it didn't take long!

I don't have extensive travel history (just twice for 20 days in total). I have been living here since 2013 and filed taxes since. Everything should be in the system. I have no idea why it is taking long. Also, why doesn't the security clearance for our PR count?? How many times do we have to go through this? lol
If what I read here is correct, I have to expect my BGC by Feb 5 2024. I'll update you!

Reactions: tariq5050

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hey guys,

Count me in! I have been waiting for my BGC since June 5th 2023 (I think!). You can see the details of my application in my signature. I was never asked for FP and my GCMS notes show that I passed criminality on June 21 2023 (started on June 5th). So it didn't take long!

I don't have extensive travel history (just twice for 20 days in total). I have been living here since 2013 and filed taxes since. Everything should be in the system. I have no idea why it is taking long. Also, why doesn't the security clearance for our PR count?? How many times do we have to go through this? lol
If what I read here is correct, I have to expect my BGC by Feb 5 2024. I'll update you!
Wish you sooner than that, but new norm of SS is 9-10 months, while it was 6-8 months until August.
Ceveat: every case is different, eh! :D

• Haha
Reactions: ta123

ta123

Sep 14, 2023
Wish you sooner than that, but new norm of SS is 9-10 months, while it was 6-8 months until August.
Ceveat: every case is different, eh! :D
Great! :D Let's just say that we are very important people and that is why it is taking so long! Positive attitude comes a long way!

ta123

Sep 14, 2023
Disagree, blacksheeps of lottery. :D I'm sitting at 9 months.
That SUCKS! I hope you get it very very soon. You and all of those that have been waiting for a long time! I know the system is unfair but technically it is a matter of time :)

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
That SUCKS! I hope you get it very very soon. You and all of those that have been waiting for a long time! I know the system is unfair but technically it is a matter of time :)
Not unfair, rather random or discretionary. Albeit thanks and likewise best wishes!

faisalyaakhan

Feb 13, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-04-2019
One more application with same status as you all. Waiting 5 months since Test for Background Check. Other application along with me got Oath ceremony but I am still at BG :)

tired_man

Nov 7, 2023
July 2022 AOR here. Test completed Dec. 2022. GCMS shows they changed my application status to "on hold" end of Aug 2023. E-grant clearance pending. I contacted them a few times no answer about what's wrong there. I have not asked to provide anything. I'm getting frustrated.

• Sad

unnipbvr

Star Member
Dec 7, 2018
I have GCMS for myself and my spouse. They look exactly the same.

Security - Blank
Criminality - Completed

But my BG is "In Progress" and her's was completed in July itself.
So far I assumed that my BG was not completed because of Security. But GCMS shows nothing in Security section when BG is complete for her application.

Very confusing.

MineSpouse
AORJuly 13July 13
BG CompletedIn ProgressJuly 27
Test CompletedAug 9Aug 9

inteljeet

Jan 18, 2011
Don't wanna cause any extreme anxiety here, but my AOR was June 2021, Background in progress since them. Wrote my citizenship test in March 2022.
In between I have been asked to undergo FP three times. I have been in touch with MP but seems like there isnt anything they can do.
Just for reference, have been in Canada for 15 years now, paid taxes all 15 years, no criminal record, no extensive travels. Now when I go to RCMP office for FP they recognize me and sympathise with the situation. Just a victim of inefficient process

• Wow

tired_man

Nov 7, 2023
Don't wanna cause any extreme anxiety here, but my AOR was June 2021, Background in progress since them. Wrote my citizenship test in March 2022.
In between I have been asked to undergo FP three times. I have been in touch with MP but seems like there isnt anything they can do.
Just for reference, have been in Canada for 15 years now, paid taxes all 15 years, no criminal record, no extensive travels. Now when I go to RCMP office for FP they recognize me and sympathise with the situation. Just a victim of inefficient process
Have you ever considered any action such as a writ of mandamus?

ta123

Sep 14, 2023
OMG it is so so terrible I am sorry! What excuses could they possibly have at this point? Do you know the status of your security clearance?