+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

thameemsh

Feb 24, 2018
I am still stuck in BG.. The weird thing is that we applied as a family (me, wife and two kids), and they got today their OATH ceremony invitation. I called IRCC and they say that this is normal if one application can take longer... I guess I am in the Security clearance check, as did not receive any FP request. Which is the difference between Security clearance and Criminality?
What's the number to call IRCC?

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Any one got BG completed recent after was waiting for long ..few months, since Finger print requested, or since test request ?
we haven't seen any BG completed for applicants who is Pending BG since January ( Finger print request, test request and market completed )
MY BG pending since April ( Finger print request date ..)

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I am in a similar situation. FP received by IRCC 1 month ago, background still in progress and this got me concerned. Everything else in progress except citizenship test completed and oath not started. I am a June/2023 applicant. I am just wondering what could cause this type of situation. Just want to get more insights from you guys if you would like to provide some information like I provide for myself below:

1. Travel history: no extensive travel. Just one trip outside canada during my eligibility period.
2. Immigration status: I came to Canada as a PR directly. No other status in canada before that.
3. Employment history: I have been working full time since I arrived in canada. One of the largest companies in my field of work. Easily verifiable if it comes to that.
4. Other information. I moved 4 different cities due to my onsite work assignments during my eligibility period and have many different addresses. ( I wonder if this caused longer background verification time). I had to provide about 11 different addresses.

Graykoala

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
I combed through all the similar cases that have already received their citizenship, normally it takes about 8-10 months for background and lpp to complete after fingerprint verification. Few cases are pending more than that.

tariq5050

Star Member
Jun 8, 2021
I combed through all the similar cases that have already received their citizenship, normally it takes about 8-10 months for background and lpp to complete after fingerprint verification. Few cases are pending more than that.
I'm concerned because I did not get a FP request... which is weird.