+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Another one in the same boat. Test completed at the beginning of August, but BG is still in progress. I see that some people stuck in BG received FP request. Is this the case for everybody? or are there people stuck there without having been requested FP?
I did my test Aug-19th, status was updated to completed on Aug-21. I received a FP request on Aug-22nd which I submitted on Aug-24. No response since then but I believe I am within the 3-4 week fingerprint response window.

Reactions: josh_1982

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
I did my test Aug-19th, status was updated to completed on Aug-21. I received a FP request on Aug-22nd which I submitted on Aug-24. No response since then but I believe I am within the 3-4 week fingerprint response window.
Ok, in my case I haven't got any FP request, so I guess it will be stuck for some time...

gr8man

Sep 8, 2017
Ok, in my case I haven't got any FP request, so I guess it will be stuck for some time...
My background cleared today. There are two parts to BG:
1. Criminality: For this they ask for FP. Probably the shorther of the two checks.
2. Security clearance: This is the 4-6 month wait or longer if marked for enhanced clearance.

Folks can be put under either one or both of these checks as a part of BG. I guess mine was only criminality.

Reactions: adbcca

ijaz_ch84

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Did anyone get any update on BG complete, the last update was in August 2023 when security was passed for folks it started in January 2023.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
I am still stuck in BG.. The weird thing is that we applied as a family (me, wife and two kids), and they got today their OATH ceremony invitation. I called IRCC and they say that this is normal if one application can take longer... I guess I am in the Security clearance check, as did not receive any FP request. Which is the difference between Security clearance and Criminality?

rjphd

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Did anyone get any update on BG complete, the last update was in August 2023 when security was passed for folks it started in January 2023.
I applied Feb 2023 and still my background is in progress. My wife applied 2 months after me and she got her citizenship a month ago. I called IRCC and they said criminal check is done and security in progress. Anyone has the same situation ?

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
I applied Feb 2023 and still my background is in progress. My wife applied 2 months after me and she got her citizenship a month ago. I called IRCC and they said criminal check is done and security in progress. Anyone has the same situation ?
similar situation here. We applied together, wife and kids got their invitation for the ceremony, while I am stuck in BG check (test completed though).

Mony M

Aug 18, 2023
Hi Guys , I have just received notes from CBSA. It shows that my security clearence due date was in dec, 2022 and the status updated in Feb,2023 and it still in progress . do you know how long does it take? actually I cannot understand any thing.

Happpy

Oct 17, 2023
I received my notes from CBSA and there is a line where it says the following:
“E-Grant Interview PM03 Ready” on the GCMS. Anyone know what it means?

FYI my application still pending BG my criminality is passed but security is in process since March 10th
Can you update me please because I am in the same situation

Happpy

Oct 17, 2023
how long did your BG took? Did you go through security?
I received my notes from CBSA and there is a line where it says the following:
“E-Grant Interview PM03 Ready” on the GCMS. Anyone know what it means?

FYI my application still pending BG my criminality is passed but security is in process since March 10th
Can you update me please i am in the same situation now

fernjo1234

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Hello Everyone
After 15 months my application is finally complete
AOR July 11th 2022
Citizenship Test complete : March 2nd 2023
Language and Physical presence complete : May 5th 2023
Background Verification complete : July 19th 2023
Prohibitions complete: October 7th
In person Oath Ceremony : October 20th 2023