+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

fernjo1234

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Its the same date/month as of criminality date in notes. Both criminality and security goes in process at same date (status update date). Due date in this or any case doesn't matter. CSIS 5-8 months (usually 6 months). Good luck! Mine also started in Feb, hence hoping for next month.
I guess mine would also be Feb
All the best hopefully it's done soon

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I guess mine would also be Feb
All the best hopefully it's done soon
Should be prior month or close to the month of your test invite. As RC-8090 (CPC-S) usually triggers BG check and send case file to local VO at same time, that follows with test invite initiated by local VO. My test invite came in Feb, while few days ago criminality and security went in process. Safely add +6 months hiccup from test invite month - that's your SS time. It doesn't ends here, after BGC additional bizarre hiccups of LPP and oath invite yet to come. But hey! all is good you know standard processing time is 19 months so application is still in routine and every case is diff, irony, facepalm, zipped mouth.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Should be prior month or close to the month of your test invite. As RC-8090 (CPC-S) usually triggers BG check and send case file to local VO at same time, that follows with test invite initiated by local VO. My test invite came in Feb, while few days ago criminality and security went in process. Safely add +6 months hiccup from test invite month - that's your SS time. It doesn't ends here, after BGC additional bizarre hiccups of LPP and oath invite yet to come. But hey! all is good you know standard processing time is 19 months so application is still in routine and every case is diff, irony, facepalm, zipped mouth.
As I notice from my IRCC notes , also waiting for security that is assigned by or to RC-8090 , is that the officer or the office , just wonder why the security delay takes 6-8 months

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
As I notice from my IRCC notes , also waiting for security that is assigned by or to RC-8090 , is that the officer or the office , just wonder why the security delay takes 6-8 months
RC-8090 is not an officer, rather the office CPC-Sydney, that triggers BG check to 3rd parties, Criminality to RCMP while Security to CSIS. Sometimes extended security checks are required that are as per service standard takes 110 days or 5-8 months (usually 6 months). Criminality check usually triggers FP Request, which causes a month of hiccup, that's fine but the dang Security clearance by CSIS.

Citizenship application flow is:
- Prior to AOR soft check is done by CPC-S, and AOR been sent.
- CPC-S triggers BG check (Criminality to RCMP, Security to CSIS), and sends case to local VO (primary office, although sometimes CPC-S is sole primary office). FP Req also may come from other responsible office, not necessarily from Local VO.
- Usually Local VO sends test invite otherwise load balancing and file moves to other VO.
- File is sent back to CPC-S, which conducts your LPP.
- Oath invite again comes from local VO or as of load balancing some other VO.

It's all mind boggling, and mess! good luck everyone.

endeey04

Nov 24, 2017
I did my test in February, but when i spoke to IRCC, the agent i spoke to told me that security started in December.

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
I did my test in February, but when i spoke to IRCC, the agent i spoke to told me that security started in December.
When I spoke to one of them he refused to tell the date of security started instead said this information not allowed to send out!!

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
This info can be found through GCMS notes as well. Given it started in Dec, it should be near to complete. You can apply CSIS ATIP notes from here: https://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/ (delivery online in PDF via portal). Sign up with GCKEY first then apply for general records. Once you get ATIP results from CSIS (whether in process or completed), you can further follow up with IRCC directly (webform/email to VO/phone) or even reachout to your MP. In this all fiasco, this is all we can do! Good luck!

Reactions: Happpy

arzedaily

Dec 28, 2016
Hi folks,

In September, I submitted my citizenship application, and in February, I successfully passed the test. In March, I received my GCMS note, which mentioned "E-Grant Clearance Pending" in the location section. Last month, I ordered another GCMS, and today I received it. This latest GCMS note indicates that my "E-Grant Review Ready by PM01", and it was assigned by CC# to BS#. I'm curious if you know what this means. Thank you for your help.

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
@johnjkjk , can you please let me know , I got my GCMS notes CBSA ,
With it in the email
I got a letter with summary of exemption section 21
Does that mean
It will long time to process

do you know why location is e Grant review ready
Although security clearance is still in progress
Some of you guys gets security clearance pending ,in location , is it because not sent to CSIs yet my subactivities is CSIs but no status next to it blank

Last edited:

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
I was waiting on security

Criminality was cleared after i submitted FP

Applied June 13 2021
Test Passed Mar 21
FP submitted Mar 15
Criminality pass Apr 8
Background complete Nov 23
Language Skills, Physical presence and prohibitions completed Nov 24
I am in your previous situation waiting for security clearance , and got cbsa notes , location is review ready as your previous post of July last year , but before I read your post , since my location is review ready , I thought could be security clearance done but not updated , security clearance in progress in my cbsa
But you were in the same situation and your BG cleared only on November , five months after your location review ready
Did you got CSIs notes , is it letter , I ordered it and waiting for it , wonder if cbsa notes has review ready , was the CSIs letter saying security completed or in progress

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
@johnjkjk , can you please let me know , I got my GCMS notes CBSA ,
With it in the email
I got a letter with summary of exemption section 21
Does that mean
It will long time to process

do you know why location is e Grant review ready
Although security clearance is still in progress
Some of you guys gets security clearance pending ,in location , is it because not sent to CSIs yet my subactivities is CSIs but no status next to it blank
Most people with background clearance requested Will have such a redaction. It is normal.

Location is test ready, review ready, etc. Once your background is completed, they will review your file.

Reactions: GoodnewsToday

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
My background verification just got completed today.
Great, I am waiting for BG as well, security clearance since April
when your security started what date from the CBSA notes,
did you get a letter with the CBSA notes, has summary of exemption, section 21, that what mine has ,
wonder if it same section for every one who has to wait 6-8 month