+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

aha_neo

Jan 9, 2018
My situation is a bit strange.
Everything else is completed but, Background check is "still in progress", however I received a notification for oath ceremony.
Has anyone been in the same situation before?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
My situation is a bit strange.
Everything else is completed but, Background check is "still in progress", however I received a notification for oath ceremony.
Has anyone been in the same situation before?
They could have forgotten to update your background on tracker. You can call them to clarify. congrats on oath!

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
@johnjkjk did you email SCR office? I believe SCR not updating LPP for those who had their fingerprints request, just delaying their profiles. I see others without FP request got their LPP completed with a 3 weeks or so.

Its so unfair.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
@johnjkjk did you email SCR office? I believe SCR not updating LPP for those who had their fingerprints request, just delaying their profiles. I see others without FP request got their LPP completed with a 3 weeks or so.

Its so unfair.
Not yet. Still waiting. I didn't notice the trend you mentioned I can't comment on it. All I know is that my LPP hasn't Even started, nor allocated to any agent for review. My file is just gathering dust. I'm very stressed.

• Wow
Reactions: manmoi31

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Not yet. Still waiting. I didn't notice the trend you mentioned I can't comment on it. All I know is that my LPP hasn't Even started, nor allocated to any agent for review. My file is just gathering dust. I'm very stressed.
I saw 3-4 cases on this forum got their LPP completed within 3 week of or so after BG completed and FP weren’t requested.

You should email them if needed. Its a take a day or so once the file is assigned to Agent for review. We all will hear good news sooner. Good luck

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
It is really unfair that IRCC is not progressing the processing of outstanding applicants from 2021 and early 2022 while applications from late 2022 and early 2023 are actively gaining a lot of traction.

I really done think the theory of LPP completed within 30 days after BG completion works with Montreal office. I have been waiting for LPP to be completed since completion of BG on March 14th. I got a ghost update on March 24th but nothing changed on the my tracker up until now. Before the ghost update of March 24th, I had requested GCMS notes on March 3rd and I received it exactly on April 3rd. Interestingly, my LPP is shown as not started (despite shown as IP on the tracker) and has a due date of 4 March. I noticed that the notes was generated on 22nd March (2 days before the March 24th ghost update); I'm now tempted to apply for another GCMS notes to see what was actually done on my application with the March 24th ghost update

Also despite that my BG is completed I can still see on the notes that security clearance as "blank". I also see that LPP ( not started on the notes) is stuck at assigned to RC-8090 which Sydney office while my primary office Montreal. This whole process has tested my patience and I can only keep hanging in there.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
It is really unfair that IRCC is not progressing the processing of outstanding applicants from 2021 and early 2022 while applications from late 2022 and early 2023 are actively gaining a lot of traction.

I really done think the theory of LPP completed within 30 days after BG completion works with Montreal office. I have been waiting for LPP to be completed since completion of BG on March 14th. I got a ghost update on March 24th but nothing changed on the my tracker up until now. Before the ghost update of March 24th, I had requested GCMS notes on March 3rd and I received it exactly on April 3rd. Interestingly, my LPP is shown as not started (despite shown as IP on the tracker) and has a due date of 4 March. I noticed that the notes was generated on 22nd March (2 days before the March 24th ghost update); I'm now tempted to apply for another GCMS notes to see what was actually done on my application with the March 24th ghost update

Also despite that my BG is completed I can still see on the notes that security clearance as "blank". I also see that LPP ( not started on the notes) is stuck at assigned to RC-8090 which Sydney office while my primary office Montreal. This whole process has tested my patience and I can only keep hanging in there.
Totally, I can understand and relate to this. I believe our LPP completion is with Sydney Office rather than local office. Hopefully they complete that section as soon as possible so we can take Oath and get done with this.

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Today is 4 weeks since BG completion. LPP shows as In progress. I have mailed SCR office hoping to hear something on Oath date. Just trying my luck.

Reactions: Guptavv

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016

My Background was cleared Feb 13. Two months and counting and no news on LPP. Just like you, my gcms shows LPP as not started and security is blanked out, although I know that background is done.

It's really not fair to just keep us waiting. I'm at 19 months with no end in sight

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I saw 3-4 cases on this forum got their LPP completed within 3 week of or so after BG completed and FP weren’t requested.

You should email them if needed. Its a take a day or so once the file is assigned to Agent for review. We all will hear good news sooner. Good luck
Well a day or two as long they don't want any additional info or schedule an interview. But really the need to start processing these old files now.

My MP office just told me they can't help/don't care.

• Wow
Reactions: manmoi31