+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

Braile

Star Member
Feb 23, 2021
In our case, it is just physical presence that is in process already for about 6 months, all the rest is complete and nothing from IRCC

Alhtrek

Jul 14, 2018
The same with me
AOR received on Feb 2022

everything in progress
Received my application on December, 2021.
I ordered GCMS on June 2023 and in August 2022 I received the notice of GCMS and show the criminality completed in Feb 2022, but security not yet.

On February 2023 getting test and marked to completed three days ago but background, physical attendees prohibitions and language still in progress.

what do you think guys? They marked the test to completed during two days while background and another items still in progress for more than one year.

Any help or if someone pass the same situation please share what’s going on.

I appreciate your cooperation

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Prohibitions info are the same as background. Call center told me it is in progress and I don't have to provide any info.
I saw some posts with similar situation after week or two it was completed and they were invited to the oath
Prohibitions are things which prevent someone from obtaining citizenship, one of which is background. It also includes the likes of active PR, double check of initial eligibility checks etc.

Prohibition — taking oath

(6) Despite anything in this Act, a person shall not take the oath of citizenship if they never met or they no longer meet the requirements of this Act for the grant of citizenship.
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-29/page-5.html#docCont

hemo293

Feb 22, 2017
In our case, it is just physical presence that is in process already for about 6 months, all the rest is complete and nothing from IRCC
I’m in kinda a similar boat. Everything was completed as of Nov 16th except background check and physical presence. I got an update this morning that background was completed on Feb 24th. However, physical presence is still in progress!
App received: March 9th
Fingerprint received : July 13th
Test completed: July 20th
Language and prohibitions: completed Nov 16th

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thanks for the link, non applies to me. So i hope they process it quickly and mark it as complete.
Alas, nearly all of us meet the requirements for citizenship the day we apply... But it's a waiting game. Someone from ircc has to be bothered to check and approve it.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Everything else except Oath are completed on Feb 24, updated today Feb 28.
My pr card application is not moving at all, the PR processing centre only opened applications received before Jan 9
Congratulations:) don’t worry about PR card application you will be getting Oath soon. Good luck

rdpatel1201@yahoo.in

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hello everyone,
I am June 2022 online applicant
My BG completed on November 20,2022 and I passed the online test on 20th January 2023.
my test still shows in progress.
anyone have similar situation?
please share your experiences about this
Thanks

Hila.sym

Apr 24, 2022
Hi everyone,

My BG was completed today! I am october 2021 applicant, AOR Jan 2021, test done in July 2022. Prohibition, physical presence and language have been in progress since Jan 2022. Does anyone know how long should I wait for completion of these ones and also getting the oath invitation?
A big thanks to everyone who has guided me so far. I cannot appreciate enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anas_M88

kumacy2k6

Jan 31, 2023
Hi everyone,

My BG was completed today! I am october 2021 applicant, AOR Jan 2021, test done in July 2022. Prohibition, physical presence and language have been in progress since Jan 2022. Does anyone know how long should I wait for completion of these ones and also getting the oath invitation?
Congratulations !!

Reactions: Hila.sym