+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Test Completed But BACKGROUND CHECK in progress.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Test makred completed on Nov. 18, 2022
Fingerprint results marked Received on Nov. 24, 2022
BG still in progress.

Any advice?
Looks like criminality is complete and security screening is in progress (can confirm by calling IRCC). If so, security can take around 9 months to process, so for you perhaps around August. Can’t do anything to speed it up. It’s a waiting game.

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
Hello everyone . I have got finger print request during Jan and have submitted the FP via RCMP accredited agency on Jan 14th , While doing so i never received any update on the Tracker ( Like FP Requested , FP received ) . I have sent email to RCMP twice no response and tried calling IRCC to know if they received it but i am not able to connect with any live agent . How do in this case i get to know if IRCC received the FP or not ? Ideally its been more than a month and me being Sept 2022 applicant all other folks who have got FP request there FP has been received .

I am not too more concerned at the moment why BG is not completed , i just want to assure FP has been received by IRCC - Any advice .

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hello everyone . I have got finger print request during Jan and have submitted the FP via RCMP accredited agency on Jan 14th , While doing so i never received any update on the Tracker ( Like FP Requested , FP received ) . I have sent email to RCMP twice no response and tried calling IRCC to know if they received it but i am not able to connect with any live agent . How do in this case i get to know if IRCC received the FP or not ? Ideally its been more than a month and me being Sept 2022 applicant all other folks who have got FP request there FP has been received .

I am not too more concerned at the moment why BG is not completed , i just want to assure FP has been received by IRCC - Any advice .
Am in a similar situation right now, FP requested by IRCC via email on 19th Jan. FP taken (on Jan 26th at RCMP local office) and received back from RCMP on 3rd Feb). I mailed FP report direct to IRCC via registered and trackable mail on Feb 6th. FP report mail delivered to IRCC Montreal office on 8th Feb. Up until now, (more than a week that FP is confirmed delivered) no update on online tracker to show that FP has been processed and updated on my tracker. Similarly, the original FP request does not show on online tracker. BG just showing IP. It is frustrating to say the least

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Honestly, this whole citizenship process can be frustrating with no transparency and accountability. I dont even know why my application got passed to MONTREAL when i leave and applied from Halifax. It has now passed one year now since i submitted my application and yet no end in sight, very frustrating. I have a family friend who applied in April 2022, he already taken Oath (interestingly I guided this person with his application), Also, I have another family who applied in August 2022, they are currently waiting on the queue for Oath ceremony.

This whole process used to be very easy and fast. My wife and kids got their citizenships back in early 2020 and the whole process was around 7 months (back in Calgary); in fact Edmonton office used to process applications in 6 months.

When i was submitting my application back in Jan 2022, I had intentional pushed all foreign travels till end of 2022/ early 2023,thinking that the whole process will take a max of 9-12 month, so i did not see any reason to renew my PR card (which expired in Feb 2021). I have been stuck in the country now for almost 2 years now with the inability to travel via flights as my PR card expired since Feb 2021. My last urgent travel was via the land border in August 2022. I was trying to avoid renewing my PR card but looks like i will have to now as i have a family summer vacation trip planned for August 2023 which requires flying. Also, now that covid is over, business trips are coming up and I cant use covid as excuses any more.

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
Am in a similar situation right now, FP requested by IRCC via email on 19th Jan. FP taken (on Jan 26th at RCMP local office) and received back from RCMP on 3rd Feb). I mailed FP report direct to IRCC via registered and trackable mail on Feb 6th. FP report mail delivered to IRCC Montreal office on 8th Feb. Up until now, (more than a week that FP is confirmed delivered) no update on online tracker to show that FP has been processed and updated on my tracker. Similarly, the original FP request does not show on online tracker. BG just showing IP. It is frustrating to say the least
I'm on the same boat as well. Been sending emails to RCMP and calling IRCC to find out since I don't want to miss the deadline. RCMP doesn't respond while IRCC call agent didn't see any receipt of FG on my profile. What I don't understand is that there's not even a FG request in the tracker. What we need is just a correspondence to say that oh we received your FP but seems like they don't even care about that.

maoyutou

Dec 6, 2020

i am in the same situation, FP requested in Jan, provided on the same day. No update from RCMP and IRCC.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
i am in the same situation, FP requested in Jan, provided on the same day. No update from RCMP and IRCC.
RCMP are very slow to respond to emails. When I had this issue, I called them and they were able to confirm the details about my file, including the date the report was mailed to ircc. So call RCMP and then follow up with IRCC. Note that it can take a month for ircc to confirm receipt.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
After it went to in progress, absolutely no contact or updates made on status. I really feel like I should do the same thing!!! MY FP expires tomorrow, and I do not see the harm in sending new FP at this point.
Thanks for your insight.
Yes do it, you save sometimes

penguin123

Star Member
May 12, 2017
RCMP are very slow to respond to emails. When I had this issue, I called them and they were able to confirm the details about my file, including the date the report was mailed to ircc. So call RCMP and then follow up with IRCC. Note that it can take a month for ircc to confirm receipt.
Rcmp closes the telephone line for queries about fingerprints aka criminal record. Even if you called a general query, they'll redirect you to that closed line again.

jaskaran90

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Honestly, this whole citizenship process can be frustrating with no transparency and accountability. I dont even know why my application got passed to MONTREAL when i leave and applied from Halifax. It has now passed one year now since i submitted my application and yet no end in sight, very frustrating. I have a family friend who applied in April 2022, he already taken Oath (interestingly I guided this person with his application), Also, I have another family who applied in August 2022, they are currently waiting on the queue for Oath ceremony.

This whole process used to be very easy and fast. My wife and kids got their citizenships back in early 2020 and the whole process was around 7 months (back in Calgary); in fact Edmonton office used to process applications in 6 months.

When i was submitting my application back in Jan 2022, I had intentional pushed all foreign travels till end of 2022/ early 2023,thinking that the whole process will take a max of 9-12 month, so i did not see any reason to renew my PR card (which expired in Feb 2021). I have been stuck in the country now for almost 2 years now with the inability to travel via flights as my PR card expired since Feb 2021. My last urgent travel was via the land border in August 2022. I was trying to avoid renewing my PR card but looks like i will have to now as i have a family summer vacation trip planned for August 2023 which requires flying. Also, now that covid is over, business trips are coming up and I cant use covid as excuses any more.
I understand your frustration but you cannot say you are stuck in the country, you chose not to renew your PR card and you could have very well traveled wherever you would have liked to. I get the citizenship process is a hot mess but you can travel wherever you want and whenever you want, the decision to not renew the PR card is on you.

Reactions: johnyrose

wvanderlinden

Star Member
Oct 31, 2019
Finally I got my GCMS notes after waiting for more than 4 months! Unfortunately there were no info on my Security Clearance, just blank empty space.
BACKGROUND Check in progress. Criminality part and knowledge test passed on OCT 2022. The last update on my file was on OCT 2022.

Is it the time now to reach my MP? application submitted on Feb 1st, 2022.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Finally I got my GCMS notes after waiting for more than 4 months! Unfortunately there were no info on my Security Clearance, just blank empty space.
BACKGROUND Check in progress. Criminality part and knowledge test passed on OCT 2022. The last update on my file was on OCT 2022.

Is it the time now to reach my MP? application submitted on Feb 1st, 2022.
Your security screening seems to be in progress. This may take around 9 months give or take, from the time your background started (check when criminality started/was passed). If around October, you could be waiting until june-July for an update. Unfortunately can’t do anything to speed up the process. It’s a waiting game.

Reactions: wvanderlinden

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Who does the prohibitions in progress means and what do they check? is it related to security clearance ?
I read somewhere in the forum that if the only thing left is prohibitions this means that you are inline for the oath and your application is completed.

Last edited:

degm

May 31, 2017
I understand your frustration but you cannot say you are stuck in the country, you chose not to renew your PR card and you could have very well traveled wherever you would have liked to. I get the citizenship process is a hot mess but you can travel wherever you want and whenever you want, the decision to not renew the PR card is on you.
I'm sure OP knows this is the result of a decision he made, but I think that saying "it's on you for not renewing your card" is a very obtuse reading of the situation. We make decisions based on the information at hand. The OP didn't know at the time of applying that it would take 14 months (and counting) to obtain the stupid citizenship, specially as many other people have been processed in 7-8 months. Also we may plan to stay in Canada waiting for the citizenship but sometimes situations happen and you may have to suddenly travel, you can't simply control everything. So yeah, it was his "fault" technically, and technically he could travel, but I'm sure you can understand that there is nuance in this.

MoJoMo

Feb 9, 2023
Sept 14th. 2021 : FP Requested
Oct 5h, 2021: FP submitted
Nov 17th, 2021: Test Completed

Besides the test, everything is still in progress on the tracker.... I applied Nov 2020....

Waiting for the ATIP report to see where we at :(

Reactions: ROCK ON