+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Temporary work permit and dependent children

karan0247

Jun 30, 2019
Does he have a work permit already? Is he under AIPP? When is your birthday? You aren’t likely going to be able to keep extending your visitor status indefinitely if you aren’t studying. If your father is working in Canada it will be very difficult for you to obtain a study permit. Your have to show that you will return home after your studies. If your father is working in Canada or applying for PR your ties to Canada will be too strong.
Thank you for your time :)
I think chances are always high even when I applied for study visa or he applied for visitor visa because most of the time people got rejected without any reason.

He already applied online few days ago for work permit and he is here currently on visitor visa.
my birthdate is 25may1999.
no he is not under aipp.
and extending visitor visa? what that means I can't stay more than 6 months or any other family member my mother while he's working here?

thank you :)

Sometimes PR applications are returned or refused. Always possible this could happen to your father - or the PNP rules might change and your farther may no longer qualify to apply. Or the government might lower the dependent age back to 19 like it was before (which means you would no longer be included in his application). Doesn't make sense to put all of your eggs in one basket and assume you will get PR through him.

No - you are not guaranteed PR. But you give yourself a chance if you continue your studies and then qualify for a PGWP. You're taking a risk by assuming PR is guaranteed through your father.
Thank you very much for your time :)
the thing is if me or my family planning to stay here permanently for rest of our life I think taking risk is not bad because if I'm not wrong there are always 50 50 chances for everything getting PR visa or anything so why not give a try in some different way in any way there are 2 options always.
and i don't want to put so much pressure on my father paying my 4x fees livin here and paying all the expenses of family.
afterall i can continue my studies and i want to in future because i've already put so much energy and time in it and its too late to not finish the rest of studies just don't want to pay extra fees now.
I think 2 years is more than enough for him to get PR till I'll turn 22.
somethings aliitle bit off topic but I think you understand my point.

thank you

karan0247

Jun 30, 2019
Does he have a work permit already? Is he under AIPP? When is your birthday? You aren’t likely going to be able to keep extending your visitor status indefinitely if you aren’t studying. If your father is working in Canada it will be very difficult for you to obtain a study permit. Your have to show that you will return home after your studies. If your father is working in Canada or applying for PR your ties to Canada will be too strong.
and sorry I don't know much about AIPP
could you please explain I can't find anything exact about it online.
He've more than 8yrs of foriegn experience.
thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
and sorry I don't know much about AIPP
could you please explain I can't find anything exact about it online.
He've more than 8yrs of foriegn experience.
thank you
Is he part of the Atlantic immigration program or has his employer applied for an LMIA and he is waiting for a work permit? Foreign experience doesn’t mean much. He will have to get licensed in Canada. I assume he is likely over 40 which makes it harder for him to immigrate to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your time :)
I think chances are always high even when I applied for study visa or he applied for visitor visa because most of the time people got rejected without any reason.

He already applied online few days ago for work permit and he is here currently on visitor visa.
my birthdate is 25may1999.
no he is not under aipp.
and extending visitor visa? what that means I can't stay more than 6 months or any other family member my mother while he's working here?

thank you :)

Thank you very much for your time :)
the thing is if me or my family planning to stay here permanently for rest of our life I think taking risk is not bad because if I'm not wrong there are always 50 50 chances for everything getting PR visa or anything so why not give a try in some different way in any way there are 2 options always.
and i don't want to put so much pressure on my father paying my 4x fees livin here and paying all the expenses of family.
afterall i can continue my studies and i want to in future because i've already put so much energy and time in it and its too late to not finish the rest of studies just don't want to pay extra fees now.
I think 2 years is more than enough for him to get PR till I'll turn 22.
somethings aliitle bit off topic but I think you understand my point.

thank you
No you are not guaranteed to get a second 6 month stay. It will be up to immigration to determine if you get an extension and for how long.

Your mother doesn’t qualify for a permit to come to Canada while your father is working. Long haul truckers are NOC C. Only NOC 0, A or B are permitted to bring their families to Canada while they work. Your family needs to do some research because seem to be missing some fundamental issues. Most people take more than 2 years to get PR.

karan0247

Jun 30, 2019
Is he part of the Atlantic immigration program or has his employer applied for an LMIA and he is waiting for a work permit? Foreign experience doesn’t mean much. He will have to get licensed in Canada. I assume he is likely over 40 which makes it harder for him to immigrate to Canada.
yes he is almost 46 i didn't know it is hard for him to immigrate. and for work permit he applied online after getting a IELTS score 6.
He've LMIA as i mentioned earlier.

DL in BC on visitor status not possible but after work permit he definitely needs it and he's holding valid dubai heavy duty license makes little easier for him.

thank you for all the information.

No you are not guaranteed to get a second 6 month stay. It will be up to immigration to determine if you get an extension and for how long.

Your mother doesn’t qualify for a permit to come to Canada while your father is working. Long haul truckers are NOC C. Only NOC 0, A or B are permitted to bring their families to Canada while they work. Your family needs to do some research because seem to be missing some fundamental issues. Most people take more than 2 years to get PR.
My mother already holding visitor visa.
and what does fundamental issues mean?
I means if we're planning ahead anything or think of planning something according to laws is that mean we've issues.
You're suppose to answer or give me suggestions here you're taking this to another level.
and what if he gets his PR in less than 2 years?
And in BC I saw many got their PR in 1 year or less. (Long haul truck drivers (NOC C))and they're living with all their families and all of them obtained PR statuses.
9 consecutive months of working makes him eligible for BC PNP and as far I know chances are higher for obtaining PR after working 1 year in canada through express entry.
BC PNP nomination is valid upto 6 months.

I don't know much but after researching all things regarding PR and PNP and finding all others getting PR within 1 year that is why I think he can get PR in 1 year.

If I'm wrong in any way let me know

thank you for your time :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes he is almost 46 i didn't know it is hard for him to immigrate. and for work permit he applied online after getting a IELTS score 6.
He've LMIA as i mentioned earlier.

DL in BC on visitor status not possible but after work permit he definitely needs it and he's holding valid dubai heavy duty license makes little easier for him.

thank you for all the information.

My mother already holding visitor visa.
and what does fundamental issues mean?
I means if we're planning ahead anything or think of planning something according to laws is that mean we've issues.
You're suppose to answer or give me suggestions here you're taking this to another level.
and what if he gets his PR in less than 2 years?
And in BC I saw many got their PR in 1 year or less. (Long haul truck drivers (NOC C))and they're living with all their families and all of them obtained PR statuses.
9 consecutive months of working makes him eligible for BC PNP and as far I know chances are higher for obtaining PR after working 1 year in canada through express entry.
BC PNP nomination is valid upto 6 months.

I don't know much but after researching all things regarding PR and PNP and finding all others getting PR within 1 year that is why I think he can get PR in 1 year.

If I'm wrong in any way let me know

thank you for your time :)
Your mother only has a visitor visa to Canada so does not have the right to live in Canada. If she is allowed to enter for 6 months there is no guarantee that her visitor status will be extended given that families of NOC C workers are guaranteed permits to stay with their spouses who are working. She also won’t have healthcare. Any of your siblings won’t have access to free education. You need to be employed in NOC 0, A or B. Your father can’t have an LMIA. An employer has to go through the process and expense of obtaining an LMIA which requires the employer to advertise to the people who can legally work in Canada. The LMIA is granted if the government then agrees that the employer can try to hire a foreign national. The process usually takes 3 months. Your father will then has to apply for a closed work permit for that employer that usually takes 2-3 months. He will then have to pass the driving certification. Not everyone passes on the first attempt and due to a horrific accident they seem to be becoming more strict when in comes to both employers and driver’s. Applying for BC PNP is a point based system. Your father is competing against others and both his age, education and language skills factor into his points. Getting selected will depend how many people B.C. is selecting and how his points compare to the other candidates. Often drivers will be younger which will give them an edge in terms of points. There is a lot of uncertainty and that is why @scylla and I encouraged you to continue with your education because you only have less than 2 years to get sponsored and with an election coming up you can never assume immigration programs will remain the same. If your family does get PR and you 22 or above it will be extremely hard to get a study permit because your ties to Canada will be too strong and it will be assumed you won’t leave. I’d encourage you to look at the BC PNP application and what goes into calculating your father’s score.

karan0247

Jun 30, 2019
Your mother only has a visitor visa to Canada so does not have the right to live in Canada. If she is allowed to enter for 6 months there is no guarantee that her visitor status will be extended given that families of NOC C workers are guaranteed permits to stay with their spouses who are working. She also won’t have healthcare. Any of your siblings won’t have access to free education. You need to be employed in NOC 0, A or B. Your father can’t have an LMIA. An employer has to go through the process and expense of obtaining an LMIA which requires the employer to advertise to the people who can legally work in Canada. The LMIA is granted if the government then agrees that the employer can try to hire a foreign national. The process usually takes 3 months. Your father will then has to apply for a closed work permit for that employer that usually takes 2-3 months. He will then have to pass the driving certification. Not everyone passes on the first attempt and due to a horrific accident they seem to be becoming more strict when in comes to both employers and driver’s. Applying for BC PNP is a point based system. Your father is competing against others and both his age, education and language skills factor into his points. Getting selected will depend how many people B.C. is selecting and how his points compare to the other candidates. Often drivers will be younger which will give them an edge in terms of points. There is a lot of uncertainty and that is why @scylla and I encouraged you to continue with your education because you only have less than 2 years to get sponsored and with an election coming up you can never assume immigration programs will remain the same. If your family does get PR and you 22 or above it will be extremely hard to get a study permit because your ties to Canada will be too strong and it will be assumed you won’t leave. I’d encourage you to look at the BC PNP application and what goes into calculating your father’s score.
thank you for your time
I never said I will discontinue my studies but the option is not bad.
He already went through everything the lmia process this is the reason i thought he'll probably get PNP in 9 months I know my mother can not live here more than 6 months and extension is not guaranteed however she also looked for lmia in NOC 0 ..i don't know but she is eligible with her experience in management and lmia process on the way.. The point is if my parents somehow manage to live here or anyof them my fathere i think because he already applied for work permit gets PNP with maximum points that what now looks like or they might apply under Express Entry. why not give a try.. waitin for 1-1.5 year for PR because chances are high for them to obtain PR status within 2 years rather continuing studies.
And again I'll not leaving study afterall I'm left with only 1 year but my point is they are most likely to get PR in less than 2 years because of all that I discussed.
Let me know if you still think he or my mother or any of us not eligible to live together if my mother also hold separate work permit in management.
again i think chances for my dad is higher for PR within 2 years.
Thank you

profkris

Aug 5, 2018
@ all.. This is one of the most interesting thread I have seen lately. Please, am about to get a work permit (read accounting).
1. While the employer is still working on the process, I was email to go for upfront medical to fast track the LMIA approval? What is the meaning of all these because I don't understand how both relate.
2. Can my spouse and minor kids go along with us when the process becomes successful?