fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You should be good as long as you provided ALL information to CIC i.e. your UCI number, full name, DOB, passport number

And medical record number that was on your medical instructions letter. This happens quite often.

If your medicals were clear and you have a clear cut work permit profile it should be with in a month - quite often with in 15 days.

ns2014 said:
Senior Members,

I need your advice. I got update from CIC that my medical exam is due. They sent me instructions along with the medical form. The issue is I had undertaken upfront medical exam from IOM and submitted the emedical information sheet, which had my unique UMI number, along with myapplication. After getting email from CIC I contacted IOM they told me that my upfront medical exam is still valid (valid for one year) so I cannot have another exam unless the instructions are to have a re-examination which wasn't the case. They advised that I should inform the high commission about my upfront exam and send them the UMI number.

I have informed the high commission via email and by case specific query form regarding upfront exam and UMI. But I haven't heard anything back. Can someone advise me on how I can make sure that they have received my medical exam results?

Also how long normally does it take after medical call?

Thanks.

ns2014

Sep 12, 2014
Many thanks fkl for your quick and detailed response. Yes I have emailed these details to high commission in Isl. INSHALLAH very soon will get the positive news.

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Dear Fkl and Senior Members,Alhamdulillah i did my fingerprints of my online application after that what is the next step maybe medical or interview or PPR how much chances to have interview they can interview to my current employer or only for me.how long it will take for whole process.plz reply THANKS

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
Hello Seniors,

Finally after 4 months I got an email from the CIC which is "Your application has been updated" but when I open my cic account these is nothing changed. What does it mean ? They should ask for Medical or Passport after this long wait period 4months.

Any advice please.

Many Thanks,

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sonuahmad said:
Hello Seniors,

Finally after 4 months I got an email from the CIC which is "Your application has been updated" but when I open my cic account these is nothing changed. What does it mean ? They should ask for Medical or Passport after this long wait period 4months.

Any advice please.

Many Thanks,
Hi Sonu, did you get any other email after that one? my wife applied for Spouse work permit and she also received the same email at 12:50pm PST that your application has been updated but when we check on mycic nothing was changed. Stay positive my friend In Sha Allah soon will get good news. Keep praying for all of us who are waiting.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sttk said:
Dear Fkl and Senior Members,Alhamdulillah i did my fingerprints of my online application after that what is the next step maybe medical or interview or PPR how much chances to have interview they can interview to my current employer or only for me.how long it will take for whole process.plz reply THANKS
Hopefully medical call, followed by PPR if all goes smooth. Interview is not done in more than 90% of the cases, only when they doubt your paper application has something not genuine. Moreover, the interviews i have heard of, were always for Spouses where VO was interested in verifying if the relationship was genuine. I am yet to see a principal applicant being called for interview - in case of a work permit application.

Canada is not like US, where every one has to go through interview - even for a visit visa.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
alijumani said:
Hi Sonu, did you get any other email after that one? my wife applied for Spouse work permit and she also received the same email at 12:50pm PST that your application has been updated but when we check on mycic nothing was changed. Stay positive my friend In Sha Allah soon will get good news. Keep praying for all of us who are waiting.
Dear FKL,

I shall very much appreciate if you please kindly give your 2 cents regarding our situation.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
alijumani said:
Dear FKL,

I shall very much appreciate if you please kindly give your 2 cents regarding our situation.
Sure ali, i didn't say much because i didn't have any concrete info. The best i can say is, that i have heard in the past that CIC's system generated many false notifications too which resulted in nothing. But then i have also heard of situations in which you don't hear from them at all, except this kind of alert but no doc. And finally when you ask CIC after quite a while, they say it was refused because they asked you / informed you on some update and you didn't respond.

Moral of the story wait a couple days to check and recheck if you receive some update. If you don't then submit a case specific inquiry. There is a separate link and form on cic website (for each embassy) to do that. Use that - unless you have a different option under your mycic account. At least this is what i would do if i face this situation.

Good luck

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
fkl said:
Sure ali, i didn't say much because i didn't have any concrete info. The best i can say is, that i have heard in the past that CIC's system generated many false notifications too which resulted in nothing. But then i have also heard of situations in which you don't hear from them at all, except this kind of alert but no doc. And finally when you ask CIC after quite a while, they say it was refused because they asked you / informed you on some update and you didn't respond.

Moral of the story wait a couple days to check and recheck if you receive some update. If you don't then submit a case specific inquiry. There is a separate link and form on cic website (for each embassy) to do that. Use that - unless you have a different option under your mycic account. At least this is what i would do if i face this situation.

Good luck
Thanks so much for your input. However, i also discussed the same issue with my lawyer and he said "this is an automated system notification which sents notifications to the concern applicant whose application were reviewed, any checks done or if officer transfer to another visa officer. He also told me that he has some what same software system in his office like when ever any of this employee works on any client file he automatically gets an update stating the file has been updated by XXX employee or if client were asked to provide some documents to lawyer online via their website they get the same update notification. I do not know about all this tech thing I thought since your are a tech person you might know regarding this system.

sonuahmad

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
alijumani said:
Hello alijumani,

No I didn't get any email after that email. I hope everything will be fine and Inshallah I will get positive response very soon. May Allah give success to all of us very soon. Ameen.

Regards,
Sonu Ahmad

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
alijumani said:
Thanks so much for your input. However, i also discussed the same issue with my lawyer and he said "this is an automated system notification which sents notifications to the concern applicant whose application were reviewed, any checks done or if officer transfer to another visa officer. He also told me that he has some what same software system in his office like when ever any of this employee works on any client file he automatically gets an update stating the file has been updated by XXX employee or if client were asked to provide some documents to lawyer online via their website they get the same update notification. I do not know about all this tech thing I thought since your are a tech person you might know regarding this system.
You are most welcome. It has little to do with any technicality of the system. If any thing, it is a crap piece of software they are using. Any notification to a client (you) should only be generated when / if there is a need or there is an intimation. In case of lawyer there is a probably a need for him to be notified even if some one has just opened a file. So either it is a poor piece of software, or uninformed usage.

I would quote a quick example. Normally software bug tracking systems work with "list of notifiers" i.e. emails of people added to an issue who are supposed to receive notifications of update. A client (applicant) certainly shouldn't be a receiver in case of an internal software of CIC for updates.

sttk

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Dear fkl Thank u very much for replying so more then 90% cases no interview for work permit applications ( principal applicant and current employer ) .how long it will to finish the process from PAK.PLZ reply me.THANKS

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
sttk said:
Dear fkl Thank u very much for replying so more then 90% cases no interview for work permit applications ( principal applicant and current employer ) .how long it will to finish the process from PAK.PLZ reply me.THANKS
You are most welcome. The processing time from Pak or any where else is not uniform. Many factors play role including how good and clear your profile and case is, how busy CIC is at that time (what time of year) etc.

If you applied around sep, you should expect relatively faster processing if you have a good case, should be with in 3 month or so. This is because study permits have higher preference of processing and the peak of study permits applications are processed for Sept. from say march till Aug. Besides near end of year each CIC office has to meet their minimum required number of applications processed per year. So if you are with in that quota - you might get a pretty fast response.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
fkl said:
You are most welcome. It has little to do with any technicality of the system. If any thing, it is a crap piece of software they are using. Any notification to a client (you) should only be generated when / if there is a need or there is an intimation. In case of lawyer there is a probably a need for him to be notified even if some one has just opened a file. So either it is a poor piece of software, or uninformed usage.

I would quote a quick example. Normally software bug tracking systems work with "list of notifiers" i.e. emails of people added to an issue who are supposed to receive notifications of update. A client (applicant) certainly shouldn't be a receiver in case of an internal software of CIC for updates.
Thanks fkl for giving more insight on the same. Waiting patiently and praying

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sonuahmad said:
Hello alijumani,

No I didn't get any email after that email. I hope everything will be fine and Inshallah I will get positive response very soon. May Allah give success to all of us very soon. Ameen.

Regards,
Sonu Ahmad
Hi Sonu,

Any further update after that email?