+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF :(

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Pleaese what are the best materials to use for TEF preparation.
Both free and paid options are welcomed.
TEf and TCF which us better for an English speaker.
At present can one claim EE points with TCF?

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
join the Facebook group "comment se preparer pour TEF ", you would see lots of materials there

Reactions: Kinghenry_dh14

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Yes you can claim EE with TCF
TEF and TCF are similar but with different numbers of tasks ( W, TEF 2 tasks, while TCF 3, as well as speaking) this is according to what I heard and searched online, however, I tried TEF.
I used many apps and sources, among which I found the most useful.

It depends on your current level
Lawless French
PrepMyfuture + TEF books + TV Monde5
Readlang
News in slow french
Read articles (Faits-Divers) as much as you can, and write them down, focus on the grammatical structures.

jerry@za

Aug 6, 2019
Guys I have a question. I need to start lessons for French from beginner level in order to sit for TEF exams. I was searching for schools or private tutors. Alliance Francaise school told me that it will take 1 and half years, tutor said you will be ready in 3 months. I am somehow finding it difficult to believe the tutor.

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Guys I have a question. I need to start lessons for French from beginner level in order to sit for TEF exams. I was searching for schools or private tutors. Alliance Francaise school told me that it will take 1 and half years, tutor said you will be ready in 3 months. I am somehow finding it difficult to believe the tutor.
I doubt you can do it in 3months. Most tutors dont understand the structure of the TEF exam. It requires that you actually know French. 3months of French learning is not enough for TEF unless you have studied French before and attained some level.

I learnt french intensively for 6months and wrote TEF the 7th month. I got 45 extra points from Tef.

Achieving it in 3months is impossible. 6months of intensive study both within and outside classroom can get you to Level B2 which can make you get very decent scores

jerry@za

Aug 6, 2019
I doubt you can do it in 3months. Most tutors dont understand the structure of the TEF exam. It requires that you actually know French. 3months of French learning is not enough for TEF unless you have studied French before and attained some level.

I learnt french intensively for 6months and wrote TEF the 7th month. I got 45 extra points from Tef.

Achieving it in 3months is impossible. 6months of intensive study both within and outside classroom can get you to Level B2 which can make you get very decent scores
Thanks mate. Where you starting from zero when you studied French for 6 months.

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW

Hellooooo I have been looking for you all over the forum. Such a shame we can't tag other members!
I just wanted to say congrats on get your ITA as the cut-off was 469..
I was praying for you because of how much effort you put into French! I'm so happy for you!! :D

Reactions: dayocanny

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Thanks!!! I hope so...I'm feeling confident, but only gonna be 100% safe when I see an official CBL chart somewhere. The IRCC official Twitter account has answered other things in the meantime, but not yet my question...maybe they're as lost as us.

As for my CE and EE tests, I don't really see any magic trick. For the CE, I've read some literary novels and lots (lots) of Le Monde as well as some niche stuff (technology, football, etc.), and went through the Prepmyfuture simulations as well. For the EE, I've taken classes with a teacher who read and corrected my texts. Apart from accents, orthography and punctuation (no way but reading and writing ad nauseam), my main trouble was not making style mistakes (I'm a Brazilian; Portuguese writing doesn't necessarily translate directly into French writing). My teacher always recommended me to keep it as simple as possible.

Many (many) logical connectors between sentences, always keeping it to subject + verb + object (in that order), and using the pronouns (including y and en) as well as I could.
Hey Andrea,
What happened with your score, I hope you got the score you needed.
I retook the test yesterday and I know that with the new system they take a shorter time to send the results. can you tell me how long did it take to send you the results?

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Hellooooo I have been looking for you all over the forum. Such a shame we can't tag other members!
I just wanted to say congrats on get your ITA as the cut-off was 469..
I was praying for you because of how much effort you put into French! I'm so happy for you!! :D
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the love. I was happy when I saw the announcement. May all your dreams come true too.

Reactions: vvik33

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Hey Andrea,
What happened with your score, I hope you got the score you needed.
I retook the test yesterday and I know that with the new system they take a shorter time to send the results. can you tell me how long did it take to send you the results?
results take a shorter time now. In my own case, I wrote the exam on 26th Oct and got results on 14th Nov.

Seekerofita2019

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Can someone pls recommend learning french from only lingoda would help me nail TEF exam as I am unable to find any good french institute for beginners in my city?

bhagwant12

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Dear All

Can anyone suggest good online tutors or classes for the TEF preparation ?as I cannot join any regular classes. Has anyone cleared this exam with self study alone? If so, please suggest the resources which you have used. I do not have much knowledge of French at the moment.