+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF :(

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Thank you so much , my email address is 12rozar@gmail.com I will be waiting for your so needed help.
What kind of reading should I focus on, books or articles?
My first language is Arabic, but I speak native Italian, fluent English, and Spanish. I started preparing on my own for the test in March 2019 studying around 5 hours a day and turned on my turbo mode in July to study 8 -10 hours per day.

Some of the websites and applications I used and still using to prepare
PrepMyFuture
Francais authentique (Daily)
Pro pulse Youtube
Mimi Youtube
Lawless french All levels
Duolingo
French Radio podcasts
Rosetta Stone
DELF and DALF books
TEF preparations books
Netflix audio and subtitle (French) Daily
Three novels
TV5Monde
First of all, I must stay Congratulations. French is not your native language and achieving your current score after March 2019, you should be proud of yourself. You are using already a lot of materials to improve your score. I don’t know what to add. I believe on December 2019, you will achieve your desired score. I will send you an email by Monday. Also feel free to send me your writing samples if you want me to look at them.

Reactions: chesin

Andrea Motta

Jan 8, 2019
Do not worry your EO 474 is (CLB7)
Thanks!!! I hope so...I'm feeling confident, but only gonna be 100% safe when I see an official CBL chart somewhere. The IRCC official Twitter account has answered other things in the meantime, but not yet my question...maybe they're as lost as us.

As for my CE and EE tests, I don't really see any magic trick. For the CE, I've read some literary novels and lots (lots) of Le Monde as well as some niche stuff (technology, football, etc.), and went through the Prepmyfuture simulations as well. For the EE, I've taken classes with a teacher who read and corrected my texts. Apart from accents, orthography and punctuation (no way but reading and writing ad nauseam), my main trouble was not making style mistakes (I'm a Brazilian; Portuguese writing doesn't necessarily translate directly into French writing). My teacher always recommended me to keep it as simple as possible.

Many (many) logical connectors between sentences, always keeping it to subject + verb + object (in that order), and using the pronouns (including y and en) as well as I could.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
First of all, I must stay Congratulations. French is not your native language and achieving your current score after March 2019, you should be proud of yourself. You are using already a lot of materials to improve your score. I don’t know what to add. I believe on December 2019, you will achieve your desired score. I will send you an email by Monday. Also feel free to send me your writing samples if you want me to look at them.
I can not thank you enough. I will be waiting for your email and will send you my writing samples to have an idea about what TEF needs so I can work on that.
Italian helped me grammatically, so I can not take all the credit for learning French from scratch. On the other hand, Italian and Spanish confused me when they kick in when I speak because they are so close. I had to rest my mind by listening continuously to french, literally, everything around me is in french, I live in Ontario, so I have to find a way to emerge myself into french.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Thanks!!! I hope so...I'm feeling confident, but only gonna be 100% safe when I see an official CBL chart somewhere. The IRCC official Twitter account has answered other things in the meantime, but not yet my question...maybe they're as lost as us.

As for my CE and EE tests, I don't really see any magic trick. For the CE, I've read some literary novels and lots (lots) of Le Monde as well as some niche stuff (technology, football, etc.), and went through the Prepmyfuture simulations as well. For the EE, I've taken classes with a teacher who read and corrected my texts. Apart from accents, orthography and punctuation (no way but reading and writing ad nauseam), my main trouble was not making style mistakes (I'm a Brazilian; Portuguese writing doesn't necessarily translate directly into French writing). My teacher always recommended me to keep it as simple as possible.

Many (many) logical connectors between sentences, always keeping it to subject + verb + object (in that order), and using the pronouns (including y and en) as well as I could.
to give you some peace of mind... I got 469 and it was CLB7
Yes, I believe keeping it simple is one way to make it work... Thank you, Andrea.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
You can also use Ramor02@hotmail.com just in case.
Merci beaucoup!

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
I wrote about all the tasks in Prepmyfuture and the TEF preparation books. I am searching for more questions to prepare for writing tasks A and B . it helps me to enrich my vocabularies and retain them when I write. It also helps in thinking faster during the test. Currently, I am using IELTS questions to write about, but if you have TEF examples, please let me know. I am racing time to be done with my PR before the end of my permit.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hello Holyange, I am waiting for your email. Thank you in advance for your very needed help.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hey everyone,
There are some new changes in regard to e-TEF according to what I have been informed.
  • The results will be sent by email directly before you receive the hardcopy, so you will get the results sooner than before.
  • The new setting will allow zooming into the reading section so you will be able to read better.
  • The initial results for the Listening and Reading sections will NOT show after the test.

I.M.G.

Sep 8, 2019
One question about e-TEF: Is the writing section done in computer? And if so, what kind of keyboard is provided? (standard QWERTY, AZERTY?)