+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF :(

Andrea Motta

Jan 8, 2019
I took the test on the 11th of October, and after that, I knew that the scoring system had been already changed at the beginning of the month.
Yeah, the school where I took the test was totally unaware of the change. I've just posted a tweet to IRCC asking about the new CLB rules

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Damn! Ok. Thanks. Do you know anything about the CLB conversion with the new scoring?
According to what I knew, to get B2 (CLB 7), make sure that you get 67% or over of the below-listed score.
Compréhension écrite 690
Compréhension orale 699
Expression écrite 699
Expression orale 699
I am retaking the test to boost the writing and reading sections; they were slightly below the needed

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Yes I got 394 for writing in my second attempt.
Could you please advise what kind of reading you were practicing on. The time element in reading section C is challenging, yet I was three points below CLB7.
I need to improve and accelerate my reading skills, any advice would be greatly appreciated
I thought I did well in writing I expected a C1 but I got B2, so I need to work on that as well. Any advice? I am planning to take another test on the 19th of December

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hello I am a French native speaker so it is not hard for me to improve my writing. My poor score in my first attempt in writing and speaking was due to lack of preparation and not living in a French environment for a long time. I reviewed French grammar rules and did all the writing assignments of prepmyfuture. Same thing for reading, I did all the assignments of prepmyfuture.
Oh I see, that makes sense. So more practice is the only thing I can do.

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Could you please advise what kind of reading you were practicing on. The time element in reading section C is challenging, yet I was three points below CLB7.
I need to improve and accelerate my reading skills, any advice would be greatly appreciated
I thought I did well in writing I expected a C1 but I got B2, so I need to work on that as well. Any advice? I am planning to take another test on the 19th of December
Did you use prepmyfuture to prepare for the test ? For writing, I can prepare a tip file for you. Send me a private message with your email. For reading, do a lot of practices. What is your first language ?

Reactions: chesin

Andrea Motta

Jan 8, 2019
Did you get your results or not yet?
I've received, by mail, the results of EE, CE and EO. The CO is still missing. I've posted them here a few posts ago:

CE- 583 C1

EE- 537 C1

EO- 474 B2

The CE and EE results are OK for CLB 7 (or more), but it's not every B2 result that's converted into a CLB 7. For what I've seen, the CLB 7 are mid-range between B2 and C1 (my last EO in July, for example, was a B2 CLB 6)

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
I've received, by mail, the results of EE, CE and EO. The CO is still missing. I've posted them here a few posts ago:

CE- 583 C1

EE- 537 C1

EO- 474 B2

The CE and EE results are OK for CLB 7 (or more), but it's not every B2 result that's converted into a CLB 7. For what I've seen, the CLB 7 are mid-range between B2 and C1 (my last EO in July, for example, was a B2 CLB 6)
Do not worry your EO 474 is (CLB7)

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
I need to work on my EE and CE; they were B2 but CLB6, just a few points below the needed score. So if you can advise how to improve writing or reading, please let me know.
I have a French University teacher, to whom I send my writing for evaluation, and he scores that as C1, yet I scored B2 in the test. ANY suggestions will be much appreciated. Also what kind of reading and tricks will accelerate and help with Section C

Ramor02

May 3, 2019

CE- 583 C1

EE- 537 C1

EO- 474 B2

So with your EO (CLB7), I believe with your scores CO will not be a problem for you, as it is the easiest one. Fingers crossed :)... Congratulations!

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Did you use Prepmyfuture to prepare for the test ? For writing, I can prepare a tip file for you. Send me a private message with your email. For reading, do a lot of practices. What is your first language ?
Thank you so much , my email address is 12rozar@gmail.com I will be waiting for your so needed help.
What kind of reading should I focus on, books or articles?
My first language is Arabic, but I speak native Italian, fluent English, and Spanish. I started preparing on my own for the test in March 2019 studying around 5 hours a day and turned on my turbo mode in July to study 8 -10 hours per day.

Some of the websites and applications I used and still using to prepare
PrepMyFuture
Francais authentique (Daily)
Pro pulse Youtube
Mimi Youtube
Lawless french All levels
Duolingo
French Radio podcasts
Rosetta Stone
DELF and DALF books
TEF preparations books
Netflix audio and subtitle (French) Daily
Three novels
TV5Monde

Reactions: smash1984

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thank you so much , my email address is 12rozar@gmail.com I will be waiting for your so needed help.
What kind of reading should I focus on, books or articles?
My first language is Arabic, but I speak native Italian, fluent English, and Spanish. I started preparing on my own for the test in March 2019 studying around 5 hours a day and turned on my turbo mode in July to study 8 -10 hours per day.

Some of the websites and applications I used and still using to prepare
PrepMyFuture
Francais authentique (Daily)
Pro pulse Youtube
Mimi Youtube
Lawless french All levels
Duolingo
French Radio podcasts
Rosetta Stone
DELF and DALF books
TEF preparations books
Netflix audio and subtitle (French) Daily
Three novels
TV5Monde
I am impressed. You are very good at languages. I wish i was so motivated to continue learning french.