+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF :(

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Hapy New year All,
Does TEF repeat exam questions?If yes is it for the 4 cetgories (LWSR) or which part?
Please can someone assist with past TEF exam questions and answers. Or possibly a place to get such.
Thank you.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hapy New year All,
Does TEF repeat exam questions?If yes is it for the 4 cetgories (LWSR) or which part?
Please can someone assist with past TEF exam questions and answers. Or possibly a place to get such.
Thank you.
Yes it happens sometime like any other test, the questions might be repeated or rephrased

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Pleaese what are the best materials to use for TEF preparation.
Both free and paid options are welcomed.
TEf and TCF which us better for an English speaker.
At present can one claim EE points with TCF?
Yes, you can claim EE points with TCF, according to your score in the test

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Thanks.
Any idea of how to source past questions and if possible with answers?
No, I have no idea... I wish!!! I try to know from previous test-takers about what kind of speaking tests and writing subjects. For example for my writing test, last time was " The adds effect our buying behavior" this was for Section B, but for Section A there are endless probabilities. Generally, in my training, I search for different subjects from IELTS and anything about TEF online, and write as much as I could. The practice helps to think faster, have more vocabulary and more ideas about different subjects. At a certain point, things intercross in writing. Other than this, emerge yourself in French, watch movies in French audio and subtitle, which will help you significantly with listening.

If you are planning to take eTEF so you have to get used to using ALT codes to write the accents because I have been told that listening, reading and writing will be done on the computer. If you are planning to take the paper TEF, so get used to writing, because your hand memory will help with memorizing the spelling and the accents too... so write A LOT. Keep in mind that, reading will help with writing and listening will help with speaking.

I am using many sources to learn on my own. The full list is listed above (after October 2019). But the most useful for the test were
Prepmyfuture
Lawless french which covered a lot.
News in Slow french as well it helps a lot.

Let me know if I can help with anything.
Good Luck to all!

bhagwant12

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Is it possible to pass this exam by self study?. If so which books and materials should I refer? I do not have much knowledge of French at the moment.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Thank you for your advise and avenues you used for study.
For the writing are you saying that the topics of writing are like those in IELTS but in French .Is there any specific minimum number of words?version?
No, I have no idea... I wish!!! I try to know from previous test-takers about what kind of speaking tests and writing subjects. For example for my writing test, last time was " The adds effect our buying behavior" this was for Section B, but for Section A there are endless probabilities. Generally, in my training, I search for different subjects from IELTS and anything about TEF online, and write as much as I could. The practice helps to think faster, have more vocabulary and more ideas about different subjects. At a certain point, things intercross in writing. Other than this, emerge yourself in French, watch movies in French audio and subtitle, which will help you significantly with listening.

If you are planning to take eTEF so you have to get used to using ALT codes to write the accents because I have been told that listening, reading and writing will be done on the computer. If you are planning to take the paper TEF, so get used to writing, because your hand memory will help with memorizing the spelling and the accents too... so write A LOT. Keep in mind that, reading will help with writing and listening will help with speaking.

I am using many sources to learn on my own. The full list is listed above (after October 2019). But the most useful for the test were
Prepmyfuture

Good Luck to all!

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Thank you for your advise and avenues you used for study.
For the writing are you saying that the topics of writing are like those in IELTS but in French .Is there any specific minimum number of words?version?
They are not exactly as IELTS. But because of limited resources for TEF, I used IELTS as general topics to write about (Publicity, environment, social media, social issues, sports...etc). Besides In IELTS, the first task is writing a letter and the second one is saying your opinion, wherein TEF the first one is to complete an article and the second one is to express your agreement or disagreement to a statement in an article in the form or writing a letter to the auditor of that article expressing your agreement, disagreement, or partially agreement to a statement, and explaining why using three reasons with examples when applicable. Therefore, the format, in general, is different. But for example, I take an IELTS Statement that says, for example, School uniform negatively affects students, express in which way, and how can this be managed" this can be used to train for TEF as a statement you read in an article that states" Using uniform render students equal therefore it should be mandatory", in this case, you start with introducing yourself and your opinion ( disagree or agree with the writer) and in the three following paragraphs you mention your three reasons and explain why using an example, and finally conclude your letter, then greet and close.

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
nce
Is it possible to pass this exam by self study?. If so which books and materials should I refer? I do not have much knowledge of French at the moment.
Lacking time to enroll for a course forced me to study on my own. Your success depends on how much time you dedicate to studying French (((ON DAILY BASIS))). For oral expression, you will need to talk to a native speaker, though. For writing when you train get someone to evaluate your writing and correct your mistakes.

Some of the websites and applications I used and still using to prepare
PrepMyFuture
Francais authentique (Daily)
Pro pulse Youtube
Mimi Youtube
Lawless french all levels
Duolingo if possible (slow but useful)
French Radio podcasts
Rosetta Stone
DELF and DALF books
TEF preparations books
Netflix audio and subtitle (French) Daily
Three novels
TV5Monde
Also
ReadLang
News in Slow French
Press articles

bhagwant12

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
What is your current level in French? Where do you live?
I am currently at a beginner level, live in Delhi. There are good French schools here, however, not feasible for me to join. Did you start from scratch? How much time it took you to succeed?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
What is your current level in French? Where do you live?
No, my level was A2-B1 in French which I did not use for a long time, but I am fluent in Italian so that helped. If you have the will, there is a way, If you dedicate 5 to 8 hours per day you can reach a good level in a year. What is the time frame you are thinking about?

bhagwant12

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
No, my level was A2-B1 in French which I did not use for a long time, but I am fluent in Italian so that helped. If you have the will, there is a way, If you dedicate 5 to 8 hours per day you can reach a good level in a year. What is the time frame you are thinking about?
I think it is certainly going to take a year for me to reach upto a level to add points to my profile. How can I learn grammar concepts, like prepositions, conjugations etc.?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
I think it is certainly going to take a year for me to reach upto a level to add points to my profile. How can I learn grammar concepts, like prepositions, conjugations etc.?
I used and I recommend Reverso, and Lawless French, they are SO useful for that.

Sweetgurl

Jun 23, 2017
Thanks for the explanation.

Prepmyfuture

Good Luck to all!