+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Test Is Easy or Difficult ????

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Hello everyone , for anyone interested in TCF Canada I've got all the official training material, it's easier than TEF I think , I took it a few months ago and it was really easy , you can easily get a B2 level if you put little effort in it.

Reactions: Sharot

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello everyone , for anyone interested in TCF Canada I've got all the official training material, it's easier than TEF I think , I took it a few months ago and it was really easy , you can easily get a B2 level if you put little effort in it.
What was your level of french before you started preparing for TCF and what level did you eventually get?

bbarters

Mar 21, 2020
To generalize that TCF is easier than TEF or even the other way around will not be RIGHT. All the language tests (IELTS, TOEFL, TEF, TCF) are designed in such a manner that they will find out your true CLB level. Trust me, I have given most of those exams. In some cases, you may obtain a level above your actual level by doing rigorous exam-specific preparation but even for that, your actual level has to be between B1-B2.

As far as my decision to go for TEF and not TCF, In India, TCF is only conducted by AF Delhi and that too only 1-2 times in the year without much gap. Whereas TEF is conducted by AF Chandigarh, AF Mumbai, AF Chennai and is available all around the year (even the e-TEF version which I preferred).

Don't be under the impression that one test is easier than the other one. You will need to develop a sufficient level to clear any such language test.

Reactions: dayocanny

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
What was your level of french before you started preparing for TCF and what level did you eventually get?
I'm a native speaker, I started preparing two weeks prior to the test, I got a C2 CEFR level but it means nothing as I speak the language since childhood, I'm stating that the TCF is easier based on personal experience, both my cousin and my brother took the TEF while I took the TCF , we all thought that TCF is easier to a certain extent than TEF, but this is my personal view and not a general rule.

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
To generalize that TCF is easier than TEF or even the other way around will not be RIGHT. All the language tests (IELTS, TOEFL, TEF, TCF) are designed in such a manner that they will find out your true CLB level. Trust me, I have given most of those exams. In some cases, you may obtain a level above your actual level by doing rigorous exam-specific preparation but even for that, your actual level has to be between B1-B2.

As far as my decision to go for TEF and not TCF, In India, TCF is only conducted by AF Delhi and that too only 1-2 times in the year without much gap. Whereas TEF is conducted by AF Chandigarh, AF Mumbai, AF Chennai and is available all around the year (even the e-TEF version which I preferred).

Don't be under the impression that one test is easier than the other one. You will need to develop a sufficient level to clear any such language test.
your logic is true but it really depends on people and how the test is built , we are all different from each others with different types of intelligence and reasoning so one may find that a test is more easier than an other just because how the questions are presented, for example when it comes to English tests a vast majority of people who took both the IELTS and TOEFLl , find the latter more difficult maybe because of how the test is presented and its content , some will even tell you to avoid CELPIP deemed more harder than both his counterpart so it depends on people really.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I'm a native speaker, I started preparing two weeks prior to the test, I got a C2 CEFR level but it means nothing as I speak the language since childhood, I'm stating that the TCF is easier based on personal experience, both my cousin and my brother took the TEF while I took the TCF , we all thought that TCF is easier to a certain extent than TEF, but this is my personal view and not a general rule.
Oh, being native speaker it must be a breeze for you.

A nigerian applicant here learned French from scratch in 6 to 9 months and ended up getting all the sections at B2 or above in the TEF. I was wondering if you were a similar case.

Reactions: UniSaverH

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
Oh, being native speaker it must be a breeze for you.

A nigerian applicant here learned French from scratch in 6 to 9 months and ended up getting all the sections at B2 or above in the TEF. I was wondering if you were a similar case.
to get to B2 in just a short span of time is amazing, it's an easy language in its core but with so much rules and complexities to grab, congrats

Reactions: smash1984

UniSaverH

Jan 10, 2020
@rishi.hpd @Rac23 @maplemom

Material sent , please note that I attached a few TEF material too.

Note to everybody in this thread, I will start volunteering giving lessons to people learning french or preparing the exam, I know how much people are fighting to get a shot at an ITA so if I can help out to get someone a step closer I will be more than happy to do it. Good luck guys