+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Test Is Easy or Difficult ????

Sharot

Dec 22, 2019
Thanks to the suggestion of another member I have compressed the French Alliance materials in a single file - if you want the link send me a message. I have also included the C1-C2 materials just for kicks.
Hi,
Could you please inbox me the TEF study material aswell!! I started learning French from scratch.
Thanks a lot!!

Sharot

Dec 22, 2019
Friends,
Anyone planning on giving TEF or already given TEF recently from Alliance Francaise CHANDIGARH? Do let me know. We have a whatsapp group, so can share materials, ideas and help articles with each other! Message me at 9501597609
Hi,
I have started learning French from scratch.Is your watsap group still available for French learners?
As,I will be planning to give my TEF Canada exam from AF Chandigarh once I reach my desired level.
TIA!!

bbarters

Mar 21, 2020
Hello All,

I had a CRS score of 430 despite having a C2 level in IELTS and over 7 years of work experience (outside Canada). Since there was no other feasible way for me to increase my score, I decided to start French studies and crack TEF.

Here is my timeline:

Oct-2018: Joined a local institute in India for A1 course on weekends (At this time, French was just plan-C)
May-2019: Finished A2 course from the same institute. (French was still on the back burner, I was trying other options such as Masters, etc)
June-2019: Exhausted all other options to increase my CRS score and started preparing for TEF
August-2019: Joined Alliance Francaise (B1) course ( This proved completely useless due to bad teacher and batchmates who never spoke French)
Oct-2019: Gave the 1st attempt of TEF, scored CLB level 6, B2+ in Reading and B2 in Listening, Speaking and Writing - Only got 6 CRS points
Jan-2020:
Gave 2nd Attempt of TEF, scored C1 in Reading and Listening, B2+ in Writing and Speaking - Got 42 extra CRS points
Feb-05-2020:
Got ITA
Feb17-2020: Submitted Application for PR.

So basically I went from zero knowledge of French to almost C1 level in TEF in roughly 14 months. All this time, I had a full-time job as a programmer.

If you are serious about this option, I would love to help. Please drop me an email: kguionista@gmail.com for more info. ( Please provide a little background about yourself in the email)

Sharot

Dec 22, 2019
Hello All,

I had a CRS score of 430 despite having a C2 level in IELTS and over 7 years of work experience (outside Canada). Since there was no other feasible way for me to increase my score, I decided to start French studies and crack TEF.

Here is my timeline:

Oct-2018: Joined a local institute in India for A1 course on weekends (At this time, French was just plan-C)
May-2019: Finished A2 course from the same institute. (French was still on the back burner, I was trying other options such as Masters, etc)
June-2019: Exhausted all other options to increase my CRS score and started preparing for TEF
August-2019: Joined Alliance Francaise (B1) course ( This proved completely useless due to bad teacher and batchmates who never spoke French)
Oct-2019: Gave the 1st attempt of TEF, scored CLB level 6, B2+ in Reading and B2 in Listening, Speaking and Writing - Only got 6 CRS points
Jan-2020:
Gave 2nd Attempt of TEF, scored C1 in Reading and Listening, B2+ in Writing and Speaking - Got 42 extra CRS points
Feb-05-2020:
Got ITA
Feb17-2020: Submitted Application for PR.

So basically I went from zero knowledge of French to almost C1 level in TEF in roughly 14 months. All this time, I had a full-time job as a programmer.

If you are serious about this option, I would love to help. Please drop me an email: kguionista@gmail.com for more info. ( Please provide a little background about yourself in the email)
Hi,
Could you please share some useful advice and resources as to how to learn French from scratch to recah level B2.
It would be really helpful!!
Thanks.