+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Test Is Easy or Difficult ????

jerry@za

Aug 6, 2019

jerry@za

Aug 6, 2019
Guys I have a question. I need to start lessons for French from beginner level in order to sit for TEF exams. I was searching for schools or private tutors. Alliance Francaise school told me that it will take 1 and half years, tutor said you will be ready in 3 months. I am somehow finding it difficult to believe the tutor.

titines

Apr 28, 2018
Guys I have a question. I need to start lessons for French from beginner level in order to sit for TEF exams. I was searching for schools or private tutors. Alliance Francaise school told me that it will take 1 and half years, tutor said you will be ready in 3 months. I am somehow finding it difficult to believe the tutor.
It all depends on your goal, the number of skills you need to work on and your desired result. Anyway 3 months does not seem realistic to me.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
3 months could be possible IFF you have good language skills and the tutor really knows how to prepare just for the test.

I did read of some individuals who took intensive studies for a few months and the studies were geared only for the test and came out with B2 in all levels. But those 3 months you should be working your ass off in french.

jerry@za

Aug 6, 2019
3 months could be possible IFF you have good language skills and the tutor really knows how to prepare just for the test.

I did read of some individuals who took intensive studies for a few months and the studies were geared only for the test and came out with B2 in all levels. But those 3 months you should be working your ass off in french.
Thanks

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
It's unrealistic to learn French for the purpose of passing TEF in 3months except you have taken French lessons before, you have lived in a francophone country or have some sort of french background.

I learnt french intensively for 6months and wrote TEF at the end of the 7th month.

Mastering conjugations to be able to hold conversations takes time and consistent everyday practice. The speaking part of TEF requires that you actually convince an examiner to do something. It is argumentative! Being able to do this successfully requires good mastery of conjugations, French vocabulary and expressions as well as averagely good listening skills.

jerry@za

Aug 6, 2019
It's unrealistic to learn French for the purpose of passing TEF in 3months except you have taken French lessons before, you have lived in a francophone country or have some sort of french background.

I learnt french intensively for 6months and wrote TEF at the end of the 7th month.

Mastering conjugations to be able to hold conversations takes time and consistent everyday practice. The speaking part of TEF requires that you actually convince an examiner to do something. It is argumentative! Being able to do this successfully requires good mastery of conjugations, French vocabulary and expressions as well as averagely good listening skills.
Thanks for the feedback. I feel the tutor is more in for the money. I will go with the school and aim to be ready in 6 months.