+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF Test Is Easy or Difficult ????

PindPunjab

Mar 27, 2020
If your goal is to pass TEF then I suggest that you find a good teacher who will learn you basics and then work only on TEF preparation with you. When I was passing the exam there was a girl with me with a very basic knowledge but she still managed to pass TEF with good results. Her teacher really worked with her in techniques for successful TEF completion and managed to teach her well.

There are teachers who only do specific exam preparations and they know how to increase your chances. I took one like that for my husband's IELTS preparation and he is really progressing fast.

Just for a bench, I speak French since forever (but I'm pretty bad with school like knowledge) and I had to prepare for 2 full weeks for the exam is it is really specific. There are unfortunately only 2 books for TEF preparation they are really helpful. The process is basically the same as for IELTS preparation and practice makes perfect. :)
Can u tell the names of the books which are useful for TEF clearance and do u know any teacher that only focuses on Tef exam .

PindPunjab

Mar 27, 2020
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what’s the minimum score to clear TEF like we have in IELTS no band less than 6 .
Is there any such rule in TEF?

dayocanny

Nov 17, 2019
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what’s the minimum score to clear TEF like we have in IELTS no band less than 6 .
Is there any such rule in TEF?
Clb 7 is required. If you've maxed ielts already, having clb7 in each of the 4 components will add 42points to your crs

bbarters

Mar 21, 2020
Hello All,

I had a CRS score of 430 despite having a C2 level in IELTS and over 7 years of work experience (outside Canada). Since there was no other feasible way for me to increase my score, I decided to start French studies and crack TEF.

Here is my timeline:

Oct-2018: Joined a local institute in India for A1 course on weekends (At this time, French was just plan-C)
May-2019: Finished A2 course from the same institute. (French was still on the back burner, I was trying other options such as Masters, etc)
June-2019: Exhausted all other options to increase my CRS score and started preparing for TEF
August-2019: Joined Alliance Francaise (B1) course ( This proved completely useless due to bad teacher and batchmates who never spoke French)
Oct-2019: Gave the 1st attempt of TEF, scored CLB level 6, B2+ in Reading and B2 in Listening, Speaking and Writing - Only got 6 CRS points
Jan-2020:
Gave 2nd Attempt of TEF, scored C1 in Reading and Listening, B2+ in Writing and Speaking - Got 42 extra CRS points
Feb-05-2020:
Got ITA
Feb17-2020: Submitted Application for PR.

So basically I went from zero knowledge of French to almost C1 level in TEF in roughly 14 months. All this time, I had a full-time job as a programmer.

If you are serious about this option, I would love to help. Please drop me an email: kguionista@gmail.com for more info. (Please provide a little background about yourself in the email)

Hello Again Everyone,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and healthy and progressing well with their French studies.

A short bio: From India, so not a native speaker, started from scratch and cleared TEF Canada with C1 score with 7-8 months of rigorous studies.

A teacher/programmer by profession, can be of help to anyone who is preparing for TEF Canada to get the ITA. Please write to me at kguionista@gmail.com

Also, recently, I have started a lecture series on YouTube for TEF Canada preparation. I request you to visit my YouTube channel BBarters and see if it's helpful to you.

Bonne chance!

Reactions: 6nonagon

chapichapo

May 30, 2020
Hi guys!

New to the forum and on the lookout for test prep material for the TEF as well. I'd be super grateful if you could send it through to grapefruitweekend@gmail.com :)

@bbarters Since you've given the test twice, to what extent would you say that the first attempt might have helped you in your preparation for your second (&improved) attempt?

bbarters

Mar 21, 2020
Hi guys!

New to the forum and on the lookout for test prep material for the TEF as well. I'd be super grateful if you could send it through to grapefruitweekend@gmail.com :)

@bbarters Since you've given the test twice, to what extent would you say that the first attempt might have helped you in your preparation for your second (&improved) attempt?

The first attempt was useful in the sense that, I realized that I have to give e-TEF rather than paper based one. The listening test happens very fast and it becomes extremely difficult to focus holding/browsing a 30 pages question paper. I went for e-TEF in my 2nd attempt and almost scored 100 points more in my listening test. Rest of it was same. Because I had books and practice tests (online: prepmyfuture . com) I was already familiar with the test format.