+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF PREPARATION - HELP

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hello

Anyone who has recently done the TEF canada exam, can you please share with us some preparation materials and/or tips and tricks to succeed in the exam.
Please :)

titititi

Oct 12, 2019
Hello

Anyone who has recently done the TEF canada exam, can you please share with us some preparation materials and/or tips and tricks to succeed in the exam.
Please :)
Hi,
I took it twice to score clb7. I learned french from scratch in 6 months and then got prepared for exam in 3 months. I believe it`s really important to get familiar with the exam and try to work on exam materials because it gets easier when you know what should you be prepared for.

Reactions: Lionel17 and vvik33

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi,
I took it twice to score clb7. I learned french from scratch in 6 months and then got prepared for exam in 3 months. I believe it`s really important to get familiar with the exam and try to work on exam materials because it gets easier when you know what should you be prepared for.
Hello

Thanks for your feedback. Your story is very inspiring. I'm now enrolled into French classes and currently at A2 level. I believe I can clear TEF by July 2020 :)

Reactions: titititi

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hey I'm in the same situation as you, have you find any help ? Please reply
Hi
How's it going for you? I enrolled in French lessons and now at A2 level.
Let me know if you need any help.
Good luck

titititi

Oct 12, 2019
Hello

Thanks for your feedback. Your story is very inspiring. I'm now enrolled into French classes and currently at A2 level. I believe I can clear TEF by July 2020 :)
So after reaching B1 it`s time to think about the exam and work for it.
wish you luck

Reactions: vvik33

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hello

How are you doing with your study? how far you are now? and are you in French-speaking environment? If not especially during these times where everything is closed, you can watch and listen to everything in French. Use Lawless French, it is not expensive and thorough will give you a huge boost. Reading, listening and speaking are doable, however, writing is challenging.
I can send you some writing titles and check your writing if you need help to help you generate ideas fast and write within what you have of vocabularies ( You have to enrich this)
Let me know what is your studying plan now so I can add to what you can do to reach your goal sooner than later.
Good luck! it is a beneficial and enjoyable path.

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
How are you doing with your study? how far you are now? and are you in French-speaking environment? If not especially during these times where everything is closed, you can watch and listen to everything in French. Use Lawless French, it is not expensive and thorough will give you a huge boost. Reading, listening and speaking are doable, however, writing is challenging.
I can send you some writing titles and check your writing if you need help to help you generate ideas fast and write within what you have of vocabularies ( You have to enrich this)
Let me know what is your studying plan now so I can add to what you can do to reach your goal sooner than later.
Good luck! it is a beneficial and enjoyable path.
Hi,
thanks for reaching out. I'm currently in C1 level now after going through very intensive hours every week. My reading and listening are strong but speaking and writing are slightly weaker.
Have you done the TEF exam? How was your experience with speaking and writing?

Yes, I would like some study materials and help with idea generation/checking my writing.

Many thanks!

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Hi,
thanks for reaching out. I'm currently in C1 level now after going through very intensive hours every week. My reading and listening are strong but speaking and writing are slightly weaker.

Yes, I would like some study materials and help with idea generation/checking my writing.

Many thanks!
Yes, I did. Speaking is not hard, you just have to relax and get used to some phrases that you can use in different conversations. Also, prepare questions for section 1 that can apply to many scenarios. The key is to relax.
The writing section was annoyingly challenging, that is why I practiced so much to get what I needed. But I speak Italian that was both helpful and confusing. I had to block it out in speaking and writing.
I can send you writing questions, and check it with you if you need. Whatever to make it work and lighten your burden. I know how it feels so I will be glad to help.

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Yes, I did. Speaking is not hard, you just have to relax and get used to some phrases that you can use in different conversations. Also, prepare questions for section 1 that can apply to many scenarios. The key is to relax.
The writing section was annoyingly challenging, that is why I practiced so much to get what I needed. But I speak Italian that was both helpful and confusing. I had to block it out in speaking and writing.
I can send you writing questions, and check it with you if you need. Whatever to make it work and lighten your burden. I know how it feels so I will be glad to help.
Wow, really? I always found speaking to be quite tough. Would you kindly help me practice speaking, with regards to '' phrases that you can use in different conversations and prepare questions for section 1 that can apply to many scenarios ''

My email address is ( vvik33@yahoo.com ). Thank you so much! :)

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hi,

Many thanks!
Hey... this is very inspirational. How did you manage to reach C1 level in such a short time? I am also trying French.

Reactions: Asm3899.

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hey... this is very inspirational. How did you manage to reach C1 level in such a short time? I am also trying French.
Hi,
Thanks. I have 16hrs/week lessons and on the side, I clock around 15hrs/week of self study. I use an app (iHour) to track my hours.
Also, I read websites like le parisien, le monde, RFI and the make a collection of commonly used phrases and try to practice them. I also gather new words (in a spreadsheet) and look for their synonyms/antonyms.
For exam prep, I use prepmyfuture.com and Comment se prépaper pour TEF, TCF Canada (it's a group on Facebook), very very useful.

It takes effort but it is doable. Bonne chance ! :)

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hi,
Thanks. I have 16hrs/week lessons and on the side, I clock around 15hrs/week of self study. I use an app (iHour) to track my hours.
Also, I read websites like le parisien, le monde, RFI and the make a collection of commonly used phrases and try to practice them. I also gather new words (in a spreadsheet) and look for their synonyms/antonyms.
For exam prep, I use prepmyfuture.com and Comment se prépaper pour TEF, TCF Canada (it's a group on Facebook), very very useful.

It takes effort but it is doable. Bonne chance ! :)
Thanks. You mentioned you joined a French class. Was this a private tutor or a French Coaching Institute?

Ramor02

May 3, 2019
Wow, really? I always found speaking to be quite tough. Would you kindly help me practice speaking, with regards to '' phrases that you can use in different conversations and prepare questions for section 1 that can apply to many scenarios ''

My email address is ( vvik33@yahoo.com ). Thank you so much! :)
With pleasure. I will also send you writing questions if you need to practice. You are welcome!!

Reactions: vvik33