+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TEF PREPARATION - HELP

mincepie

Aug 22, 2022
Well I started with Duolingo. Luckily by the time I realized I can get extra points with French for Express Entry, I was already at level B2. It is not difficult to read and answer the multiple choice questions, and I can deal with the listening too. Challenge is with the speaking and writing of course. For the required level of French(It is B1 isn'it it, please let me know if I am wrong), being able to write simple sentences (for me especially the question phrases) and explain simple stuff is enough. I think if I put 1 month of full time study in it, I could get the required result. So if you have time start with Duolingo, if not you gotta work. Common sense right:)

AbbySijo

Nov 18, 2017
Well I started with Duolingo. Luckily by the time I realized I can get extra points with French for Express Entry, I was already at level B2. It is not difficult to read and answer the multiple choice questions, and I can deal with the listening too. Challenge is with the speaking and writing of course. For the required level of French(It is B1 isn'it it, please let me know if I am wrong), being able to write simple sentences (for me especially the question phrases) and explain simple stuff is enough. I think if I put 1 month of full time study in it, I could get the required result. So if you have time start with Duolingo, if not you gotta work. Common sense right:)

Hi I have also recently started with Duolingo, (please share your username) may be we can assist each other on there.

How do you know you are on B2? where can I know my level from?

Thanks

manpreet1407

Dec 29, 2019
Start with easy French step by step (Myrna Bell Rochester) do the exercises more than once. It will take 3-4 months of regular effort with the book to grasp the grammar basics. Once you are comfortable, start reading French online on Le Monde for example.
For listening practice start with news in slow French. There are other resources on you tube also
Bonne chance
I want to improve my french and crack TEF and DELF B2 too. I think I'm somewhere b/w A2 and B1 and your advice is all I was looking for. Merci beaucoup!

Bhramastra

Sep 11, 2022
Yes, I did. Speaking is not hard, you just have to relax and get used to some phrases that you can use in different conversations. Also, prepare questions for section 1 that can apply to many scenarios. The key is to relax.
The writing section was annoyingly challenging, that is why I practiced so much to get what I needed. But I speak Italian that was both helpful and confusing. I had to block it out in speaking and writing.
I can send you writing questions, and check it with you if you need. Whatever to make it work and lighten your burden. I know how it feels so I will be glad to help.

Hi @Ramor02,

Would you be able to send them to me as well at dppatel34@gmail.com?

Thank you! :)

ETV

Sep 15, 2022
Yes, I did. Speaking is not hard, you just have to relax and get used to some phrases that you can use in different conversations. Also, prepare questions for section 1 that can apply to many scenarios. The key is to relax.
The writing section was annoyingly challenging, that is why I practiced so much to get what I needed. But I speak Italian that was both helpful and confusing. I had to block it out in speaking and writing.
I can send you writing questions, and check it with you if you need. Whatever to make it work and lighten your burden. I know how it feels so I will be glad to help.
Hi, can you pls send me as well some writing questions as I am getting prepared to take the TEF in a couple of months.

Rach WLT

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2022
Hi, I'm planning to take TEF exam on 1st march. Which course do you take or self-study? Any sugessitons for TEF preparation course??? Thank you!