+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Technical Error - Online Application

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
LOL! Today finally I was able to register on the tracker. No response for my second webform though :) But they might be did something with my case.

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
It might be helpful for those who are going to send web form about problem with the tracker. But make sure you are trying to register on tracker at least 48-72 hours after AOR received.

This info helped me to fix my issue:
"If you continue experiencing difficulties creating an account and/or accessing the tracker, please fill out the IRCC Web form and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Please add screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
  • Page you are trying to access,
  • Error messages you received, and
  • Date and time when the problem occurred.
You should be contacted shortly following the reception of that information with further instructions."

Alfredshi53

Aug 9, 2019
It might be helpful for those who are going to send web form about problem with the tracker. But make sure you are trying to register on tracker at least 48-72 hours after AOR received.

This info helped me to fix my issue:
"If you continue experiencing difficulties creating an account and/or accessing the tracker, please fill out the IRCC Web form and choose Technical difficulties located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry. Please add screen shots showing the full browser window, including the website address field of the:
  • Page you are trying to access,
  • Error messages you received, and
  • Date and time when the problem occurred.
You should be contacted shortly following the reception of that information with further instructions."
Thank you for sharing the info, I did send webform under technical difficulties section, with all mentioned details, and twice, however no reply from IRCC yet....

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
Thank you for sharing the info, I did send webform under technical difficulties section, with all mentioned details, and twice, however no reply from IRCC yet....
The same for me: I sent web form twice, got generic answer for the first one and some generic reply that "they are currently looking into my issue".
Before I received a reply for the second webform today I was able to register on the tracker in the morning today.
Good luck with your case! They will sent you reply very soon

Alfredshi53

Aug 9, 2019
The same for me: I sent web form twice, got generic answer for the first one and some generic reply that "they are currently looking into my issue".
Before I received a reply for the second webform today I was able to register on the tracker in the morning today.
Good luck with your case! They will sent you reply very soon
Thanks a lot!, I hope so!

chardys

Feb 1, 2017
California, USA
Bumping this since the same tracker registration problem is now affecting many of us with January AORs. The problem is clearly systemic on their end - not about hyphens, caches or 3 day waiting time. It is the same error message that we are getting, even when we are applying without any representatives; "Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet." It seems that those with AORs on January 19th and 20th are worst affected, and perhaps prior AORs too - later AORs seem to be able to create an account normally after 2-3 days' wait.

It is interesting that after many weeks of formulaic non-responses to the webforms, they finally responded "we are currently looking into the issue..." and the issue has been solved a week later. We should keep sending the webforms repeatedly until we can get access (with screenshots), the volume and consistency of those webforms can hopefully make them realize that there is a technical issue on their end...

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Bumping this since the same tracker registration problem is now affecting many of us with January AORs. The problem is clearly systemic on their end - not about hyphens, caches or 3 day waiting time. It is the same error message that we are getting, even when we are applying without any representatives; "Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet." It seems that those with AORs on January 19th and 20th are worst affected, and perhaps prior AORs too - later AORs seem to be able to create an account normally after 2-3 days' wait.

It is interesting that after many weeks of formulaic non-responses to the webforms, they finally responded "we are currently looking into the issue..." and the issue has been solved a week later. We should keep sending the webforms repeatedly until we can get access (with screenshots), the volume and consistency of those webforms can hopefully make them realize that there is a technical issue on their end...
You bought up a very good point on webforms. @shiremag has been consistently telling to raise webforms who are facing issues with AOR. Once they see a lot of webforms for a particular issue is only when they do something about it else they keep asking you to try things which never work.

puneet5

Jul 9, 2017

AOR 20 Jan, raised webform 5 times..got same generic reply. Tried different browser, mobile, without hyphen.. everything advised by old posts..still unable to create tracker. Citizenship account also showing 'submitted for the review' only even after getting AOR. I am not sure how to check status now..can't use ecas as it is online application.

anujcuce

Mar 1, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
02-02-2020
Still no updates from IRCC! changed email addresses on account, still not getting email verification code! I don't know what else to do as of this moment, just to wait and get the invitation email for Citizenship test :)

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
Hi,
I am not able to create an account as well with same error message, although I tried private browser + waited for 72 hours and tried UCI without hyphen.
I am using this link(Register for your status tracker (cic.gc.ca))

My application is paper based though (not online),so is there another method I can check my application with in this case? What is the associated link?

Thanks for your support

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
Guys ,just an update....
Registration worked after around 5 days from receiving AOR....No hyphens in typing UCI + used Private window/browser(Chrome)
Hopefully it will be solved soon for all of you as well!

Last edited:
Reactions: anujcuce

anujcuce

Mar 1, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-12-2019
AOR Received.
11-01-2020
File Transfer...
30-01-2020
Med's Request
27-01-2020
Med's Done....
02-02-2020
Guys ,just an update....
Registration worked after around 5 days from receiving AOR....No hyphens in typing UCI + used Private window/browser(Chrome)
Hopefully it will be solved soon for all of you as well!
That's great, I did the same and now it finally worked!!

Reactions: MEB

dipan17

Feb 14, 2022
Hi, I got my aor on May 9th, but I’m still not able to register for the citizenship tracker as I’m not getting the verification code in email.
Anyone in similar situation?