+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Taxes for money transferred to Canada while living abroad.

MK-8388

Dec 10, 2018
I'm a PR holders, I've landed with my family last November, me and my wife opened Canadian bank accounts then we left canada after a week and planning to move permanently after a year. Now we're living abroad and wire transfered some funds to our Canadian accounts so do we have to file taxes for this money or not since we're not yet living permanently in canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm a PR holders, I've landed with my family last November, me and my wife opened Canadian bank accounts then we left canada after a week and planning to move permanently after a year. Now we're living abroad and wire transfered some funds to our Canadian accounts so do we have to file taxes for this money or not since we're not yet living permanently in canada.
No.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should really minimize your banking activity in Canada until the year you want to move to limit any ties to Canada.