+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Switching a UK driving license in Ontario.

mincepie

Aug 22, 2022
So I was able to replace my UK Driving Licence with an Ontario one straight away. Follow the following steps.
- Locate your nearest Drive Test Center in Ontario.
- Take your valid Plastic driving license, and your Passport with you, don't worry about the abstract or Counterpart or any other paper.
- Join the line at drive test center where tokens are issued,you can get information here too, The rep will take a photocopy of your UK license, Passport (Country of Origin) and return it back to you, they will issue you with Tokken.
- Wait for your turn, when you are called,take your valid Plastic license from UK (Jurisdiction license if it's different from the UK ).
- The rep will ask what you want to do with it, simply tell them you want it replaced to a Full G license, but count your number of years you have driven,it can only be replaced if you have driven 2+ years, again the rep will not ask you for any proof-like insurance or any DVLA document.
- Fill the form in, with the number of years you have held the license, the rep will do their Paperwork.
- Rep will ask you to do a vision/eye test, its a machine like VR goggles, in it, will be numbered,you have to read them aloud to the rep, the rep will ask about which side the lights are blinking, they are basically like the indicators on the car.
- That's it, Pay CAD 90 and the rep will print you a Paper license valid for 90 days until you receive your Plastic Card license,thats your full G license right there.

You earned this streight exchange if you had driven with a full license on the UK Roads, Citizen or not. Don't forget to thank the DVLA and HM Queen for that LoL.
Hi!

Thanks a lot for the info. So I had my UK driver’s license back in 2015 and it’s still valid. But I didn’t drive my car for the period of 2 years. If they don’t need a proof, can we just say we have the required 2 year experience. I’m missing it by a few months and don’t wanna start from scratch to get a Canadian license. Thanks in advance if you reply.