+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa - PPR Received for Mother Only. Father's Application still in process. Anyone else has similar situation?

nadsmomin

Jan 3, 2022
Being the principal applicant, my father's application has been pending for the last year, while my mother's visa was accepted six months ago. I've been trying to contact my MP, the IRCC call centre, and online forms for the past six to eight months, but nothing has worked. I've only received the most basic information and been told to wait. GCMS notes nothing specific, but guess what? I thought let's contact the medical clinic where my parents had their upfront medical because I saw the only thing outstanding on GCMS note was Medical. The clinic told me that my father needs further reports to be completed in order to process the application. This was communicated to the clinic directly by IRCC, but neither the clinic nor IRCC ever shared this information with the applicant. To find out the real cause of the delay, I advise individuals who are in a similar situation to make a special effort to get in touch with the clinic and MPs; otherwise, the IRCC doesn't appear to care about anything anymore.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hey everyone,

I tried asking this in few different groups with no luck so far. So opening a thread to see if anyone else has similar situation. Below is our timeline:

Upfront Medicals and Valid Biometrics from previous visitor visa application which was pending since August 2021 on gckey portal.

March 20th: Super Visa Application submitted for both parents. Group applications (new ircc portal)
March 29th: Medicals Passed for Mother
March 30th: BVL for mother
April; 19th: PPR Received for mother
April 23th: Passport sent for stamping
April 26th Passport sent to VAC from IRCC after stamping. Hopefully it will be delivered by tomorrow through bluedart
April 26th: Status on ircc portal changed to Decision Made (Approved)

Father's application still shows:

We are reviewing the results of your medical exam
We are processing your background check

I believed both applications usually receive the PPR together. Is there anyone else who faced or facing similar situation where 1 applicant got ppr not the other?

Thank you
Same here
application submitted for both nov21, 2022
nov29: medical passed for mother
dec 13: biometric validity letter & passport request letter for mother & just medical passed for father.
Father application says in progress & processing doing background check.

Please share after how long your father received passport request.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hi, I applied for a Visitor Visa for my parents but only my father has received a PPR but my mother hasn't. Its been more than 15 days that my father received his PPR but I'm still waiting for my mother's profile. Anyone else who faced this issue? I had applied from the old GCKEY IRCC portal. I submitted the applications on 18 Oct and my father received his PPR on 25 Oct (in 7 days) while for my mother its now almost 22 days.

A few points to note here:
1. I had previously applied for a visitor visa of my parents and it got rejected so their biometrics was already done
2. While applying I created separate applications for my mother and my father but mentioned that spouse will accompany in both the applications
3. I mentioned my father as the primary applicant in his application but in my mother's application I mentioned her a dependent spouse of the primary application

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Same here
dec 13: biometric validity letter & passport request letter for mother & just medical passed for father.

Rimmj

Jun 28, 2022
Hey, I got my father’s visa after 3 medicals. We didn’t get any email from IRCC about the medical but we called the doctor and asked if they submitted the medical and then we got to know that IRCC is having some doubts for my Father’s medical reports and they’re asking to do it again and same happened after submitting second medical and after third time they sent us the passport submission letter. We have applied on January 5 and finally got the letter in October.

Reactions: creatorzson

creatorzson

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Same here

Hi @jeenu123 , for my father, he received his passport request on September 22nd 2022. Try reaching out to your local MP to get the status update on why its getting delayed, they might be needing some additional document which IRCC fails to update us directly lately.

creatorzson

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hey, I got my father’s visa after 3 medicals. We didn’t get any email from IRCC about the medical but we called the doctor and asked if they submitted the medical and then we got to know that IRCC is having some doubts for my Father’s medical reports and they’re asking to do it again and same happened after submitting second medical and after third time they sent us the passport submission letter. We have applied on January 5 and finally got the letter in October.
Congratulations @Rimmj , glad the visa is granted. I know its a hassle dealing with IRCC lately.

BRIJ0501

May 18, 2020
Can anyone suggest what should I write to the MP as My mother in law got the Supervisa but father in law is still in process.** The weird thing is I applied as a Group visa and My mother in law is a primary applicant......

***Can someone please help me on urgent basis what should I mention to my MP ?

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hey everyone,

I tried asking this in few different groups with no luck so far. So opening a thread to see if anyone else has similar situation. Below is our timeline:

Upfront Medicals and Valid Biometrics from previous visitor visa application which was pending since August 2021 on gckey portal.

March 20th: Super Visa Application submitted for both parents. Group applications (new ircc portal)
April 26th Passport sent to VAC from IRCC after stamping. Hopefully it will be delivered by tomorrow through bluedart

I believed both applications usually receive the PPR together. Is there anyone else who faced or facing similar situation where 1 applicant got ppr not the other?

Thank you
Are they both applying from same country? Usually it happens in case of different countries where they live.

Rav_inder

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Same here

Any update ?

BRIJ0501

May 18, 2020
No update , and they both live in the same country. It’s so weird **
** should it be system error ?? because Father Medical shows passed on Feb 23rd ? and the same day mother got the Passport request ** But no update on father’s file?
** Should I apply GCMS notes?
** Any idea how long GCMS notes take ??

* Thank you

HS01

Mar 13, 2023
Hey guys,

IRCC is really slacking lately. How is the information not communicated directly to the applicants and people have to waste time and money trying to figure out the status of the application.

My parents applied through ircc portal together in October 2022.
Both passed their Medicals in February 2023.

My father got his PPR but my mother is still “in process”.
How is this even possible?

Anyone got any suggestions here, especially when it says in the portal that medical was successful a month ago. What else could it be?

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017
Hey everyone,

Thank you
How did you receive ppr? Was it in the ircc portal or via email?

Miumiu

Aug 12, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Hi everyone, we got PPRs for both my parents, but get this - totally strange - they did NOT receive any medical exam requests. I am totally baffled now as to what I should do next. Anyone knows what's going on here - if you could share some light on this, it will be super helpful.

!!! Note that in the applications that I specified I wanted to have my parents stay up to at least 1 year upon entry, and I specified we wanted to apply for the Super Visas for them in my Letters of Invitation.

I searched on this forum, and only found one post similar to my situation from waaay back in 2014 - (18) Super visa without medical | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com)

Here's my timeline:

2023-06-12: application submitted. Mom and dad are in a group.
2023-06-13: BILs received for both mom and dad.
2023-06-21: Mom and dad went to the local visa office and provided their fingerprints
2023-06-28: Biometrics Validity Letters received in IRCC portal
2023-06-28: same time as the Biometrics Validity letters, PPRs received for both mom & dad in IRCC portal.