+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa - PPR Received for Mother Only. Father's Application still in process. Anyone else has similar situation?

imtiyaz 13

Dec 29, 2010
Hey everyone,

Seems like it's a bit of a problem, I applied for my parent's super visa on April 23rd, 2023, and they both got their medicals done on July 3rd, only my father's medical was passed today and he got his PPR request, for my mum status remains unchanged, it says we have requested a medical examination. Should I contact IRCC or wait for some more time? Thanks!

Reactions: ghz94 and zagi

Dhillon96

Star Member
Jun 30, 2023
Hey everyone,

Seems like it's a bit of a problem, I applied for my parent's super visa on April 23rd, 2023, and they both got their medicals done on July 3rd, only my father's medical was passed today and he got his PPR request, for my mum status remains unchanged, it says we have requested a medical examination. Should I contact IRCC or wait for some more time? Thanks!
Don’t worry, your mother will get PPR soon, wait for another couple days. Otherwise you have an option to send webform later on.

zagi

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Faisalabad
Visa Office......
ISL & LVO
App. Filed.......
09 August 2013
Doc's Request.
Never
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
to Islamabad Sep 2013 & to LVO "" and E-case status changed into "in process" on 23 April2014
Med's Request
from LVO 29 April 2014
Med's Done....
12 May 2014 & Medical received 20 May 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 12 June 2014 & PPR2 03 JULY 2014 Decision made on July 8, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
15 July 2014
LANDED..........
4 Nov 2014

zagi

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Faisalabad
Visa Office......
ISL & LVO
App. Filed.......
09 August 2013
Doc's Request.
Never
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
to Islamabad Sep 2013 & to LVO "" and E-case status changed into "in process" on 23 April2014
Med's Request
from LVO 29 April 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15 July 2014
LANDED..........
4 Nov 2014
I am in same situation as Imtiyaz. Mother got visa but father still has “we are waiting for medical results”.
I am in the same situation father got PPR but mother has everything completed but only background check in progress

Ankurverma3

Sep 13, 2021
Hi everyone, i saw some people are here in same stage but i also want share my problem. like i applied my both parents supervisa in april 06 2023, but i got my father ppr after a week but mother application still in process her medical and biometric were done already. two times i raised web form but they did't reply. in this situation i don't know what can i do] its been four months;

Reactions: zagi

zagi

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Faisalabad
Visa Office......
ISL & LVO
App. Filed.......
09 August 2013
Doc's Request.
Never
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
Med's Request
from LVO 29 April 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15 July 2014
LANDED..........
4 Nov 2014
MP received reply from IRCC last week that my mother's application " all assessments are passed and application is in queue for final decision "
Now it's more than 1 week but no response

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
I’ve applied to extend my parents stay they’re here in Canada on a supervisa since 2019. Got approved for an extension previously as well. The current extension my mom got approved but my dad is still pending. What could be the reason?

Raha Ara

Nov 8, 2023
Hello, I applied for Super Visa for my parents on May 6 2022; I have contacted my MP 2 times in the last 12 months. only every 6 months they contact IRCC and the 2 times that they contacted them their response for the first time was:
“The assessments for this applicant are as follows:
- Criminality has passed for both mom and dad
-Eligibility is under review for my mom and eligibility has passed for my dad

The IRCC agent has notified our office that this application is considered non-routine; when an application is considered non-routine, it does not have a processing time available.”

Second time response was:
“An Immigration, Refugees, And Citizenship Canada (IRCC) agent informed us that the status of my parents application has not changed since our office provided you an update in April 2023.
The application is still a non-routine file, this means that normal processing times no longer apply to this application. Further, the IRCC agent informed us that application became non-routine because the department is currently reviewing my mom eligibility assessment.
As was in April, the status of their assessments has not changed; my dad criminality and eligibility assessments have both passed and their file is pending a final decision from the department and my mom criminality assessment has passed and eligibility assessment is still under review.
Lastly, the IRCC agent informed us that my mom &dad files are linked, therefore no final decision will be made on either application until all assessments have passed for both.
At this time, you must wait for IRCC to contact you with next steps. Should you not hear back from IRCC by March 21, 2024, you may reach back out to our office then so that we may contact the department on your behalf.”

I have no idea, what else I can do? Any help would be appreciated!

nadsmomin

Jan 3, 2022
Hello, I applied for Super Visa for my parents on May 6 2022; I have contacted my MP 2 times in the last 12 months. only every 6 months they contact IRCC and the 2 times that they contacted them their response for the first time was:
“The assessments for this applicant are as follows:
- Criminality has passed for both mom and dad
-Eligibility is under review for my mom and eligibility has passed for my dad

The IRCC agent has notified our office that this application is considered non-routine; when an application is considered non-routine, it does not have a processing time available.”

Second time response was:
“An Immigration, Refugees, And Citizenship Canada (IRCC) agent informed us that the status of my parents application has not changed since our office provided you an update in April 2023.
The application is still a non-routine file, this means that normal processing times no longer apply to this application. Further, the IRCC agent informed us that application became non-routine because the department is currently reviewing my mom eligibility assessment.
As was in April, the status of their assessments has not changed; my dad criminality and eligibility assessments have both passed and their file is pending a final decision from the department and my mom criminality assessment has passed and eligibility assessment is still under review.
Lastly, the IRCC agent informed us that my mom &dad files are linked, therefore no final decision will be made on either application until all assessments have passed for both.
At this time, you must wait for IRCC to contact you with next steps. Should you not hear back from IRCC by March 21, 2024, you may reach back out to our office then so that we may contact the department on your behalf.”

I have no idea, what else I can do? Any help would be appreciated!

Being the principal applicant, my father's application was pending for the last one year, while my mother's visa was accepted six months ago. I contacted my MP, the IRCC call centre, and online forms for six to eight months, but nothing worked. I've was only given the most basic information and been told to wait. GCMS notes nothing specific, but guess what? I thought let's contact the medical clinic where my parents had their upfront medical because I saw the only thing outstanding on GCMS note was Medical. The clinic told me that my father needs further reports to be completed in order to process the application. This was communicated to the clinic directly by IRCC, but neither the clinic nor IRCC ever shared this information with the applicant. To find out the real cause of the delay, I advise individuals who are in a similar situation to make a special effort to get in touch with the clinic and MPs; otherwise, the IRCC doesn't appear to care about anything anymore.

Raha Ara

Nov 8, 2023
Being the principal applicant, my father's application was pending for the last one year, while my mother's visa was accepted six months ago. I contacted my MP, the IRCC call centre, and online forms for six to eight months, but nothing worked. I've was only given the most basic information and been told to wait. GCMS notes nothing specific, but guess what? I thought let's contact the medical clinic where my parents had their upfront medical because I saw the only thing outstanding on GCMS note was Medical. The clinic told me that my father needs further reports to be completed in order to process the application. This was communicated to the clinic directly by IRCC, but neither the clinic nor IRCC ever shared this information with the applicant. To find out the real cause of the delay, I advise individuals who are in a similar situation to make a special effort to get in touch with the clinic and MPs; otherwise, the IRCC doesn't appear to care about anything anymore.

Raha Ara

Nov 8, 2023
I have not sent any Medical check information when I applied, I thought they will ask for it if it is needed. Do you think I should submit the medical check? I do not think it should be the issue though. As my dad did not do the medical check but his eligibility has bee passed!!!

nadsmomin

Jan 3, 2022
I have not sent any Medical check information when I applied, I thought they will ask for it if it is needed. Do you think I should submit the medical check? I do not think it should be the issue though. As my dad did not do the medical check but his eligibility has bee passed!!!
Application for a Super visa requires a medical. In my opinion, no application will be approved in the absence of a medical report. To cut down on processing time and prevent additional delays, the majority of applicants complete their medical exams in advance. I believe that scheduling a medical appointment and sending it to the IRCC as soon as possible can expedite the process.

Raha Ara

Nov 8, 2023
Application for a Super visa requires a medical. In my opinion, no application will be approved in the absence of a medical report. To cut down on processing time and prevent additional delays, the majority of applicants complete their medical exams in advance. I believe that scheduling a medical appointment and sending it to the IRCC as soon as possible can expedite the process.