+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa from Manila - Applicants/Future Applicants

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Super Visa is not a shame or fraud as you are suggesting. It is a visa that serves the requirements of many Canadians that wish to have their parents or grandparents visit them for an extended period of time. In reference to your comment of a money grab I am assuming you are referring to the cost of insurance. This is a requirement in many jurisdictions already and the cost with Canadian insurance companies is competitive, the only reason why it is expensive is because you are insuring older ages for one year and this age group has a very claims experience. I can tell you as an insurance broker approx 20% of people that buy these policies have had claims, older ages are high risk for insurance companies. So it is not a sham it is money well spent to buy peace of mind and in the absence of insurance you would personally be liable for these medical expenses.

You are correct that the super visa can only be issued for the duration of the passport, and the visa will not be valid past the passport expiry date. From my experience this program has been abused. Many have used it to enter Canada without ever renewing their policy or any intention of leaving Canada, some have used it a means to get a visa after being rejected with a visitors visa because they are more lenient on super visa applications. Keep in mind the intent of the super visa program was to accommodate parents and grandparents who wanted to spend time with their children and grandchildren and did not want to immigrate to Canada. This program was not meant for short term visits of 3 month. The problem is people misuse the super visa program and then complain about the high cost insurance. The only reason why the cost of insurance is high is because they are paying for one year up front and older ages cost more to insure. From my experience many of these people do not need a super visa as they are visiting for short periods of time less than six month, secondly they could simply apply for a multiple entry regular visa instead. The cost of insurance would be a fraction of the super visa requirements, all insurance is based on a daily rate for the age group. I think you had bad advise or dealt with a broker that just wanted to make a quick buck without really understanding your needs, keep in mind insurance brokers are not immigration experts.

nats

Star Member
Jun 12, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a11k22a33 said:
Any one else who purchased ONE WAY TICKET on SUPER VISA? I would like to know if i can purchase a one way ticket as my mother in law is coming next month on Super Visa because she plans to stay here for about 2 years?
My nanay had a one way ticket, di naman sya nagkaproblema sa Port of entry and immigration satin.

evol1123

Oct 29, 2013
Hi everyone!

Just wanna ask regarding the medical in applying for supervisa, is it always the case that the embassy will be the one to inform the applicant/s to have one or they can just have it ahead and submit together with the other docs.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

orchifly

May 31, 2007
hi everyone!

my husband and I are planning to apply for visitor visa for my father...my question are...
1. can we apply for him even if i don't have work...(coz im a stay home mom with two toddlers)
2. my father doesn't have any bank account or properties under his name...what should we do?

thanks!

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
Hello sa mga kababayan.

ako po ay masusing tagasubaysay ng forum na ito.

Gusto ko lang po sanang itanong kung wala pa akong T4,(dahil Enero po ng taong ito ng makapag umpisa akong magtrabaho dito sa Canada
bilang tfw and nakuha ko po PR ko last August)pwede po bang ipasa ang letter of employment, paystub, savings, rsp and tfsa? para sa
supervisa application ng aking mga magulang? Sigurado naman po ako na nameet ko ung requirements sa LICO.

Maraming salamat po.

orchifly

May 31, 2007
Augustos said:
Hello sa mga kababayan.

ako po ay masusing tagasubaysay ng forum na ito.

Gusto ko lang po sanang itanong kung wala pa akong T4,(dahil Enero po ng taong ito ng makapag umpisa akong magtrabaho dito sa Canada
bilang tfw and nakuha ko po PR ko last August)pwede po bang ipasa ang letter of employment, paystub, savings, rsp and tfsa? para sa
supervisa application ng aking mga magulang? Sigurado naman po ako na nameet ko ung requirements sa LICO.

Maraming salamat po.
in my opinion...i dont think so...kasi ang basis ng lico ay yun annual income which the legal document that can prove that, is our t4 from our employer or the notice of assessment from cra...but if you think that's enough you can still give the documents that you have and they can pursue in their application its up to you

Augustos

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Request
01-05-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
orchifly said:
in my opinion...i dont think so...kasi ang basis ng lico ay yun annual income which the legal document that can prove that, is our t4 from our employer or the notice of assessment from cra...but if you think that's enough you can still give the documents that you have and they can pursue in their application its up to you
Maraming salamat po sa opinion, ang asawa ko po ay canadian citizen and she has t4 with her, pe pwede po kaya?

Wshaduca

Nov 15, 2013
hello everyone! we applied super visa for my parents, received by CIC manila october 25. they got medical request on november 4. they went on november 15 for their medical in Baguio city. My dad has no problem at all. but my mom had a high blood pressure. so they let them go back after 3 days to monitor my mom's bp. and did a lot of test, ECG, FBS ( fasting blood sugar), cholesterol check, creatinine check, and echocardiogram. additional payment of course. They found out that she has enlargement of heart triggered by the high blood pressure, and i guess her high BP comes from High cholesterol. So the doctor that checked her up gave her medication. And as per my mom it's a maintenance medication. But then my mom said that doctor told her "you can fly now mother". We have purchased medical insurance for them though (no pre-existing condition). My concern now is will the CIC approved her for super visa . I'm very much worried and sad coz I want them to come and visit us and stay with us even just for 2 years. their both on their late 60's. anyone who have the same situation as me? As of now i need to wait whatever the CIC's decision is. Their medicals will be sent today as per the doctor said.

Jul 29, 2013
Hi Gary,

My mom did a sputum test 2 months ago and finally got a negative result from IOM but the IOM did not pass the medical result on time as the doctor that needs to sign the said documents was affected by the typhoon Haiyan, unfortunately, her application was refused on Sat. November 16, for the reason of not complying for the medical requirements. We assumed that since she needs to undergo a medical examination, the IOM will inform directly the embassy on my mom's sputum that will take at least 2 months. Please help Gary or any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

destino88

Star Member
Dec 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foreveryoung1116 said:
Hi Gary,

My mom did a sputum test 2 months ago and finally got a negative result from IOM but the IOM did not pass the medical result on time as the doctor that needs to sign the said documents was affected by the typhoon Haiyan, unfortunately, her application was refused on Sat. November 16, for the reason of not complying for the medical requirements. We assumed that since she needs to undergo a medical examination, the IOM will inform directly the embassy on my mom's sputum that will take at least 2 months. Please help Gary or any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

I will share my experience base on the current status of our application which is almost similar to yours. Usually an email or letter will be received by the applicant from CEM informing him/her regarding status of medical examination or a follow up of sort by the embassy specially if the application is almost due. in my case, i received that notice via email and i'm posting the content below to give you further idea and share my experience as well.

My mother was also asked by IOM to undergo sputum test that makes the medical examination a lot more tedious and long and as of this writing this medical thing is still ongoing, as to when this will all be done.. only God knows. anyways. i received an email from CEM (see below ) being the designated representative of my mother in her application. so basically this is one instance were the form for designated representative starts to work. i filled up the table with the corresponding questions and sent my reply to CEM.

I also emailed the panel physician of my mother at IOM informing her of the email i received from CEM. I did not receive any reply but i just hope they did what they are suppose to do.

Application #: VXXXXXXXXXX

Name: DeLa Cruz, Juan

Dear Applicant:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence in Canada.
You were previously sent instructions to undergo a medical examination. To date, we have not received your medical results.
To proceed with your application, we require your medical results within 14 days of this letter. At that time, your application will be assessed based on the information on your file and may be refused.

If you have already undergone the medical examination by a Panel Physician, complete the table below and return it to our office within 7 days of this letter.

ITEM REQUIRED CLIENT RESPONSE

Name of Panel Physician for Medical Exam:

Date of Initial Medical Examination:

Date Panel Physician submitted medical examination results
to embassy (please confirm with doctor):

Have you been asked to do any additional tests? Yes/No?

Other:

Sincerely,

Temporary Resident Unit - Visa Section

Embassy of Canada, Manila

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
Saan maganda magpamedical

didang69

Dec 8, 2013
Hello po. Gusto ko lang po etanong kung pwede ko po eapply ang nanay ko ng visit visa kahit hindi pa ako pR? on process pa lang po kc ang PR ko pero tapos na ko mag medical at may file number na din ako. Kaso hanggang ngayun wala pa din response from embassy. Buntis po kc sko at manganganak na ako sa April gusto ko sana pagka panganako eh andito ang nanay ko. Sana po may maka sagot ng tanong ko. thank you po.

orchifly

May 31, 2007
didang69 said:
Hello po. Gusto ko lang po etanong kung pwede ko po eapply ang nanay ko ng visit visa kahit hindi pa ako pR? on process pa lang po kc ang PR ko pero tapos na ko mag medical at may file number na din ako. Kaso hanggang ngayun wala pa din response from embassy. Buntis po kc sko at manganganak na ako sa April gusto ko sana pagka panganako eh andito ang nanay ko. Sana po may maka sagot ng tanong ko. thank you po.
pwede u sya iapply,marami din ako kakilala tfw na nakuha yun parents nla thru tourist visa,same din yun application process at requirement