+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa from Manila - Applicants/Future Applicants

myza

Apr 19, 2013
nats said:
congrats myza, last july 31 natanggap ng nanay ang visa nya. sept 10 dating nila dito. one way ticket lang kinuha ko, balitaan ko na lang pagdating nila dito..
wow!!! nako for sure excited kana Nats.nakuha na rin ng mama ko visa niya yesterday. hanap na rin ako ng ticket..... :)

myza

Apr 19, 2013
myza said:
just sharing my timeline:

docs re-submitted to embassy after it was returned : June 24
medical exam request received - July 31
Medical exam done - August 3 (nationwide health systems-cebu)
medical exam results submitted to embassy: - August 13
waiting for results..... :)
visa received - August 23 :D

windy1477

Jul 27, 2012
myza said:
visa received - August 23 :D
Wow! I am so happy for you Myza! That was very quick! I am nervous and excited na sana my father will receive his visa soon too! Pls keep us posted if you purchase one way ticket for your parent! Enjoy the time with your Mom!:)

myza

Apr 19, 2013
windy1477 said:
Wow! I am so happy for you Myza! That was very quick! I am nervous and excited na sana my father will receive his visa soon too! Pls keep us posted if you purchase one way ticket for your parent! Enjoy the time with your Mom!:)
Don't worry for sure parading na din yung sa papa mo.here visa was issued August 15 just 2 days after her medical results were received.her flight is on September 11.i bought round trip ticket Cebu-Vancouver thru Cathay pacific.i know some people say that it's ok pag one way Lang but I don't want to take chances.i just want to be on the safer side.kasi even though supervisa is allowed to stay for Max 2 years its still a tourist visa.and usually pag tourist round trip yun.iba iba Kasi mag immigration officer.i just want na ready ang mama ko .anyway the ticket I bought was for September 11,2013 returning on August 2014.i can rebook it free if charge.pay ko Lang difference ng fare.
It's really up to you .so far nakatipid naman ako Kasi mahal ang one way thru pAL Cagayan -Winnipeg is like 1600-2200.i spent $1600 for round trip Cebu-Vancouver then $180 for Vancouver-Winnipeg one way ticket

myza

Apr 19, 2013
visa issued - August 15
Visa received thru air 21 - August 23
mom's flight to winnipeg - September 11 (bought roundtrip ticket cebu - hongkong - vancouver)
bought one way ticket vancouver- winnipeg

Yolski

Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myza said:
Don't worry for sure parading na din yung sa papa mo.here visa was issued August 15 just 2 days after her medical results were received.her flight is on September 11.i bought round trip ticket Cebu-Vancouver thru Cathay pacific.i know some people say that it's ok pag one way Lang but I don't want to take chances.i just want to be on the safer side.kasi even though supervisa is allowed to stay for Max 2 years its still a tourist visa.and usually pag tourist round trip yun.iba iba Kasi mag immigration officer.i just want na ready ang mama ko .anyway the ticket I bought was for September 11,2013 returning on August 2014.i can rebook it free if charge.pay ko Lang difference ng fare.
It's really up to you .so far nakatipid naman ako Kasi mahal ang one way thru pAL Cagayan -Winnipeg is like 1600-2200.i spent $1600 for round trip Cebu-Vancouver then $180 for Vancouver-Winnipeg one way ticket
Congrats Myza! Finally, makapunta na parents natin dito. Sept 11 din mother ko pero sa PAL, one way ticket lang ang kinuha ko kasi sabi nang immigration na sa sa atin lang daw yon. Sooo excited na talaga ako to have her here. :)

Yolski

Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
windy1477 said:
Hi Yolski!

Thank you so much for the info! My father will udergo his Medical exam this week too, probably on Wednesday. I think we will go to Nationwide Clinic, and I hope everything will be okay. I will pray for our parents so they can come and experience how we live here in Canada! Thank you so much for the reply, please update us on your Mama's progress! Good luck to us!
Windy ano nang balita sa application nang father mo? Dito kami sa Ottawa, taga saan ka sa atin at dito? I hope makareceive na father mo nang visa soon.

Yolski

Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gary Goldshmidt said:
Please post a reply to this I have client from Manila and they all complain they had to purchase a two way flight even though it can never be used. The max I was told an airfare can be used is within one year, my clients are planning to stay two years.

Let me know if the one way plan fare is sufficient for Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Thanks

A letter from CBSA, I hope this can help others...

RE: Return Ticket for Super visa holder **13-34342​**

CBSA-ASFC_CONTACT <CBSA-ASFC.CONTACT@cbsa-asfc.gc.ca>

5:16 PM (4 hours ag0)

Dear Madam;

There is no requirement for a visitor to possess a return ticket when travelling to Canada. Visitors do need to satisfy the officer at the port of entry that they will leave Canada at the end of their authorized stay and that they have sufficient funds to support themselves during their visit to Canada.

For more information on visiting Canada, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada's (CIC) Web site at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-who.asp

For all other questions related to this matter, we recommend that you contact CIC at 1-888-242-2100.

If you are located outside of Canada, please contact your nearest Canada visa office. A list of offices can be found at:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp

Thank you for contacting the Canada Border Services Agency.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: August 25, 2013 7:27 AM
To: contact@cbsa.gc.ca
Subject: Return Ticket for Super visa holder **13-34342**

Dear Officer,

Good Day!

My enquiry is about Return Ticket for my mother who holds a super visa. Since we don't know how long the officer at the port of entry will let her stay in Canada, it would not be smart to get her a return ticket right now. My question is, Will she be accepted at the port of entry even without a return ticket? We were planning to extend her stay up to 2 years here in Canada.

Thank you so much!

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good question I deal with this stupidity daily with my clients. Hopefully if enough people write to them they will stop demanding return airfare that cannot be used. The max I was told by my clients airfare can be used is within 12 month. With a super visa for visitors visiting 24 month it is simply not possible to purchase.

JGS

Star Member
Jan 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to ask, what will be the requirements we will be needing to sponsor my mother inlaw in the Philippines for a regular TRV?

Applicant requirements?

Sponsor requirements?

Thank you in advance. :) God bless!

windy1477

Jul 27, 2012
Hi Yolski!

Wala pang balita sa application ng father ko.His medical result was submitted to the embassy last Aug. 20. Still waiting for the reply. ??? I hope everything will be okay.
We are from Dipolog City. and currently here in Montreal. Enjoy the time with ur Mom!

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
JGS said:
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to ask, what will be the requirements we will be needing to sponsor my mother inlaw in the Philippines for a regular TRV?

Applicant requirements?

Sponsor requirements?

Thank you in advance. :) God bless!
Good question. My wife and I are having a similar debate (regular TRV vs SuperVisa). I always thought (assumed rather) that the SuperVisa (in contrast) would get through the system much more expeditiously and/or will less stringent requirements. I'm also sure I read comments concerning the same on another thread and am trying to find them right now.

Comments from experience anyone?!

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The whole purpose of the super visa is to expedite family reunification so I would assume it can be done much faster than a TRV application. Keep in mind there is nothing preventing people from having a super visa and an application for sponsorship for permanent residence for their parents and grandparents it is my understanding that you can have both at the same time.

Yolski

Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok so my mama arrived in Toronto last night. Philippine Immigration didn't ask for return ticket, i bought her one way ticket online through Cheapoair.com. At the Port of Entry, they only ask for how long she planned to stay, she said 2 years. When I looked at her passport, there is no stamp for arrival or until when she is allowed to stay. There is a stamp beside her visa page in her passport but can't read what's in it. It looks like they need ink on their stamp. So my question is, do i have to call the cbsa to confirm her status?

myza

Apr 19, 2013
Yolski said:
Ok so my mama arrived in Toronto last night. Philippine Immigration didn't ask for return ticket, i bought her one way ticket online through Cheapoair.com. At the Port of Entry, they only ask for how long she planned to stay, she said 2 years. When I looked at her passport, there is no stamp for arrival or until when she is allowed to stay. There is a stamp beside her visa page in her passport but can't read what's in it. It looks like they need ink on their stamp. So my question is, do i have to call the cbsa to confirm her status?
I guess so just to be sure. My mom arrived to last night here in winnipeg.She got a stamp on her visa and can stay until sept 10, 2015.