+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SuperVisa from Manila - Applicants/Future Applicants

Jul 29, 2013
Hi Gary, i just have few questions, my mom was done medical yesterday July 29 from IOM, they said it would take less than a month for the result, looking at the previous timelines here, im sure it will take another month or so to get her visa, that if there's no problem with the medical result. My question is, can i take the money out now from her bank since we only use it for her to show that she have money on her account? Please advise. Thanks so much in advance.

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not a legal expert but to be on the safe side I would wait until she actually has her visa approved. If there are no problems the Visa can be approved fairly quickly, I have had clients that experienced delays due to additional testing requirements. This is due to things like epidemics in certain regions and the need to safeguard Canadian citizens. This is one of the responsibilities of Citizenship and Immigration Canada to protect the health and welfare of Canadians, just so you know our tax dollars are not going to waste.

Keep in mind when Citizenship and Immigration grants a super visa it is based on the documents submitted at time of application, I would not do anything at this type that could cause problems with her Visa.

I will share one of the major problems with Super Visa Travel Insurance I have experienced, people buy Insurance get the Visa approved then cancel the policy and try to enter Canada with a cancelled insurance certificate or don't bother renewing insurance while in Canada for an additional year.

First this is immigration fraud and more importantly it is a complete disregard for the welfare of ones parents and/or grandparents.

klitz24

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 17, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan. 31, 2013
Med's Request
Feb. 05, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb. 15, 2013
Interview........
ECAS In Process Sept. 12, 2013
Passport Req..
Oct. 9, 2013/ RPRF Request June 18, 2013 (PAID SAME DATE)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Already IN CANADA
Hey guys

I have some questions here maybe you can help me regarding on my mother TRV application. To start with i am a TFW and have a wife who is PR and a son which is a year old canadian citizen. My mother applied last July 5th as a VISIT VISA then at July 26 the Canada Embassy in Manila send her a letter that she needs to undergo Medical Examination. Do you have any idea why she will undergo medical examination? Since she only applied for regular VISIT VISA? We wanted her to be in our son's first birthday today but im afraid it will never happen since she was instructed to undergo medical examination. What our the possibilities that she can be approve once her medical is done without any problem on it? Is this means that she can get a long period of VISIT with us like a Super Visa since she will undergo ME? Can you please share your experiences regarding to this matter. Thanks for your help in advance... Cheers

Klitz24

Jul 29, 2013
Gary Goldshmidt said:
I am not a legal expert but to be on the safe side I would wait until she actually has her visa approved. If there are no problems the Visa can be approved fairly quickly, I have had clients that experienced delays due to additional testing requirements. This is due to things like epidemics in certain regions and the need to safeguard Canadian citizens. This is one of the responsibilities of Citizenship and Immigration Canada to protect the health and welfare of Canadians, just so you know our tax dollars are not going to waste.

Keep in mind when Citizenship and Immigration grants a super visa it is based on the documents submitted at time of application, I would not do anything at this type that could cause problems with her Visa.

I will share one of the major problems with Super Visa Travel Insurance I have experienced, people buy Insurance get the Visa approved then cancel the policy and try to enter Canada with a cancelled insurance certificate or don't bother renewing insurance while in Canada for an additional year.

First this is immigration fraud and more importantly it is a complete disregard for the welfare of ones parents and/or grandparents.

Thanks so much Gary! Your help is much appreciated. I will take your advise. God Bless

Gary Goldshmidt

Dec 4, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they require medical testing than all you can do is wait. Manila can be lengthy for medial testing I had a client wait a year to get their Super Visa approved. I am also finding that regardless of the type of visa one is applying for they ask for medical insurance. One of my friends from Nigeria just applied for a Visitors Visa for their Mom and Dad to come to visit for their daughters wedding in Vancouver and the embassy requested proof of medical insurance.

I found this a bit strange the embassy requested medical insurance for six month even though they only applied for a two week visit for the wedding. The client purchased insurance for the actual duration of the visit two weeks not six month so far I have not heard back with any problems with the Visa.

I suspect Citizenship and Immigration Canada are reading commentary on this site and are requesting medial insurance for a regular visitors visa not just a super visa. Personally I think this is a step in the right direction many countries already have this requirement and it makes sense to make medical insurance mandatory of all visits. Our provincial health system is already stretched to the limits and we simply cannot afford to provide free health care to everyone who visits Canada.

windy1477

Jul 27, 2012
Hi! Does anyone of you tried to have Medical exam for super Visa in Cebu City? My father was asked to go for medical exam and cebu is our nearest city.can anyone tell me who is not the makulit doctor in cebu? Many Thanks!

samlee

Jun 25, 2013
simply_reign said:
Just want to post for the timeline of my mother (supervisa via Online Application)

March 26, 2013 - Application submitted (scanned copies of all the documents)
April 1 - Medical requested by embassy
April 4 - Medical exam
May 7 - Medical result forwarded to the embassy
June 22 - passport request from embassy
June 23 - passport submitted thru air21
June 25 - Passport received by the embassy
June 29 - passport returned back with visa (delivered by air21)
July 6 - Landed at canada

Hope it helps... GOD BLESS us all...
hi simply_reign, question naman, ano-ano tinanong sa mother mo ng immigration sa pinas at canada? just to prepare my mom kasi next week na flight nya... thank you!

windy1477

Jul 27, 2012
Hi Yolski!

Musta na ang medical ng parents mo at cebu doctors? how much does it costs please?
okay ba ang cebu doc compared to nationwide cebu?
please let me know what happened to ur parent medical. my father just received his medical request and we plan to do it in cebu. We are from Dipolog. Many thanks Yolski!

samlee

Jun 25, 2013
rmnavarro said:
Hi!

Don't buy one way ticket! Please see the link... immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1252&Itemid=103 I was looking for an explanation why my in-laws need to buy return ticket for 6 months even though they will be staying more than that.

Timeline
April 2013 - application sent
April 22, 2013 - medicals done
May 5 - additional medicals done
june 22 - requested to provide status of their application
june 26 - response received indicating they haven't received their medicals (was given 10 days to comply)
june 26 - fax information from st lukes
(june 22-father's medical sent to embassy and june 25-mother's medical sent to embassy)
Jul 3 - mother's supervisa issued
jul 13 - father's supervisa issued
hi rmnavarro, nung pumunta parents mo dito sa canada, ano-ano daw tinanong ng immigration sa pinas at dito sa canada? para sana magka idea mom ko sa itatanong sa kanya.. :D thanks!

samlee

Jun 25, 2013
nanaykopo said:
sabi nya hindi naman hinanap sa immigration sa pinas ang return ticket.

so ang ginawa ko nakabili ako ng one way ticket para sa father ko online.. kaso sabi ng PAL nung nag-inquire ako, hindi nila masisigurado kung papasukan sya sa check-in.. hay.. para wala ng sakit ng ulo bumili nalang ako ng seperate return ticket nya sa pinakamurang airlines (china yung nahanap ko) at marerefund ko yung kalahati.. natatakot kasi talaga ko na baka paunsyami pa yung lipad ng father ko..

wait lang yung timeline, kuhanin ko sakanila
hi nanaykopo, ano-ano daw tinanong sa immigration sa pinas at sa canada sa parents mo?

Yolski

Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
windy1477 said:
Hi Yolski!

Musta na ang medical ng parents mo at cebu doctors? how much does it costs please?
please let me know what happened to ur parent medical. my father just received his medical request and we plan to do it in cebu. We are from Dipolog. Many thanks Yolski!
Hi! Sa Cebu Doctor's ang mama ko nagpamedical kasi doon din ako nagmedical noon. Sabi nila maghintay daw kami nang 10-15 days kung ang immigration magrequest nang second medical. July 11 yong mother ko nagpamedical tapos noong pauwi na sila tinawagan siya nang secretary nang doctor na bumalik kasi di daw lear yong nakuha nila X-ray nya, ayaw daw nila magpass nang result sa embassy kung di clear, para daw di madelayed yong pasyente, so bumalik nanay ko sa July 15 na kasi nandoon na sya sa barko noong tumawag sila. Mga P4500-P6000 ang bayad, basta walang repeat testing. So ngayong over 10 days na, wala namang additional medical request, cguro ok na yon. Hintay nalang namin ang result nang application.

myza

Apr 19, 2013
windy1477 said:
Hi Yolski!

sa cebu din nagpamedical ang mama ko yesterday August 3 pero dun kami sa nationwide health system.walk in lang sila and my mom finished the whole process for half a day.maaga lang siya nagpunta dun.P 4,100 lang ang full package niya.nag advice sila sa mama ko na huwag muna umuwi until lumabas ang results para pag me repeat testing eh madali lang siya makbalik.taga iligan city kami. sabi nung taga nationwide usually lalabas daw after 3 working days ang result.so we are hoping na ok lahat.

myza

Apr 19, 2013
windy1477 said:
Hi! Does anyone of you tried to have Medical exam for super Visa in Cebu City? My father was asked to go for medical exam and cebu is our nearest city.can anyone tell me who is not the makulit doctor in cebu? Many Thanks!
hi windy,
sa cebu din nagpamedical ang mama ko yesterday August 3 pero dun kami sa nationwide health system.walk in lang sila and my mom finished the whole process for half a day.maaga lang siya nagpunta dun.P 4,100 lang ang full package niya.nag advice sila sa mama ko na huwag muna umuwi until lumabas ang results para pag me repeat testing eh madali lang siya makbalik.taga iligan city kami. sabi nung taga nationwide usually lalabas daw after 3 working days ang result.so we are hoping na ok lahat.

srr

Oct 17, 2008
Hi there! Is there anyone can answer me if there's a refusal applying for super visa? Im planning to apply my parents but my father just had mild stroke but now he is ok already.. Hope someone can answer my question. Thank you...

Jul 29, 2013
Hi everyone, my mom's medical was done last Monday, June 29, but they asked her do an ECG and Eye doctor exam, is this really required. I would appreciate if you can share your own experience on this matter. Thanks!