+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa for Parents 2019

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
1. Do you and your husband meet LICO either individually or together? And can prove it with your NOAs, employment letters, etc? -
Our combine is $ 96K. I won't be able to meet LICO requirement on my own.

2. Do you have stable bank balance of at least CAD 10-15,000?
- I have total savings of $10K, but not a stable bank balance in my chequing account .

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
Do you have savings? Without savings it will be hard to get a supervisa. His business accounts will be viewed separately and don’t count as family savings.
I have savings for 10K and my parents are also showings around 10K in their joint account

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
If I told my bank to give my bank certificate and mention that I have savings for 10K and Line of Credit Or RRSP for 10K it will help?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I won't but it will count as investments or savings no?
You can certainly include your RRSPs.... any other financial investments, rent, etc. That said, no one will liquidate their financial or retirement investments to support their parents' stay

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
@Bryanna and @canuck78 one thing more- do I need to submit their applications separately (each one requiring a GC Key) or I can do father as main applicant and mother secondary as in the questionnaire they ask if you want to apply for other family members say yes and they will give you the option to apply for them in the same account

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just warning you that your savings level is quite low for supervisa and funds that are locked in or potential credit won’t count. Supervisa insurance and flights could eliminate half of your liquid savings. Would be best to save more before applying in my opinion.

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
Just warning you that your savings level is quite low for supervisa and funds that are locked in or potential credit won’t count. Supervisa insurance and flights could eliminate half of your liquid savings. Would be best to save more before applying in my opinion.
thank you for opinion

AjahMack010

Jul 31, 2018
@Bryanna applied for supervisa for my mom and just received an update. The local visa office stated that she did not disclose that she was refused a US visitor's visa on the application. I am confused because in the application, the question asked if she was ever refused a visa or permit from Canada or any other country and she replied 'yes'.
In the section for explanation she did not specify which country.

The officer has asked for an explanation but I don't know how to explain this...Do I just apologize for not specifying the country?
Thanks.
Her Time-line:
Submission: May 12 2020
COVID 19 Email: July 27, 2020
Medical req: August 4 2020
Medical passed: Aug 7 2020
Updated with letter: Sept 30

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Bryanna applied for supervisa for my mom and just received an update. The local visa office stated that she did not disclose that she was refused a US visitor's visa on the application. I am confused because in the application, the question asked if she was ever refused a visa or permit from Canada or any other country and she replied 'yes'.
In the section for explanation she did not specify which country.

The officer has asked for an explanation but I don't know how to explain this...Do I just apologize for not specifying the country?
Thanks.
Her Time-line:
Submission: May 12 2020
COVID 19 Email: July 27, 2020
Medical req: August 4 2020
Medical passed: Aug 7 2020
Updated with letter: Sept 30

Thanks
Bryanna has not been on the forum for a long time. Did she give any details about her visa refusals?

AjahMack010

Jul 31, 2018
Bryanna has not been on the forum for a long time. Did she give any details about her visa refusals?
On the original application she just stated that she was refused in the past but she did not specify the name of the country. No other details. Now she gives details with country, the year and reason for the refusal. I hope its OK with the officer now.