+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa for Parents 2019

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
Hi, guys I really need your help.I am applying for my parents supervisa. My total income this year is $40,000 and husbands income will be 40+ plus too. My main concern is my parents savings, they don't have that much saving in their account but I put some money month by month, so they have $10k savings in their joint account do you think that will be a problem ? and they don't even have any travel history .do you think that will be a problem ? My mum has a small boutique and dad have a small wood shop in the house. But they didn't have any registration paperwork for their business. do you think that will be a problem? but they do have their income tax returns for 2019, and have a property under their name we'll do property evaluation and I'll buy insurance for them . what other documents i should attach with their file for strong case?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi, guys I really need your help.I am applying for my parents supervisa. My total income this year is $40,000 and husbands income will be 40+ plus too. My main concern is my parents savings, they don't have that much saving in their account but I put some money month by month, so they have $10k savings in their joint account do you think that will be a problem ? and they don't even have any travel history .do you think that will be a problem ? My mum has a small boutique and dad have a small wood shop in the house. But they didn't have any registration paperwork for their business. do you think that will be a problem? but they do have their income tax returns for 2019, and have a property under their name we'll do property evaluation and I'll buy insurance for them . what other documents i should attach with their file for strong case?
1. The focus is on your income/financial ability to support their stay for super visas.

2. Simple math and the bank statement will confirm the money was transferred by you to their accounts. So, it doesn't help

3. Your parents must focus on their employment/business ties + their property ownership + any dependent family members.

4. That said, as they can stay for up to 2 years on super visa entries, their businesses are not reasons for them to return to as such.

5. In short, they must prove some reasonable ties

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
@Bryanna sorry to bother you again, I was working on the invitation letter and I was wondering about the duration of the stay should I mention 8 weeks or less than that or more than that?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna sorry to bother you again, I was working on the invitation letter and I was wondering about the duration of the stay should I mention 8 weeks or less than that or more than that?
If they apply for super visa by stating a visit of only 8 weeks, IRCC will most probably issue them TRVs instead.

They would want to state a visit of at least 1+ years. Purpose of their visit could simply be to spend time with you and your family, etc. They don't need to submit a detailed day-by-day visit plan

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
@Bryanna sorry to bother you again, I was applying online and they mention on the checklist about the purpose of travel - other documents. they want me to submit airline ticket or hotel booking and something like that. My parents are going to stay with me at my house so I don't have any booking details. That document is compulsory required. What should I do? Should I book airline ticket? If not, What else I can do ??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna sorry to bother you again, I was applying online and they mention on the checklist about the purpose of travel - other documents. they want me to submit airline ticket or hotel booking and something like that. My parents are going to stay with me at my house so I don't have any booking details. That document is compulsory required. What should I do? Should I book airline ticket? If not, What else I can do ??
No, don't book tickets. You can include flight itineraries instead (not paid)

Maya27

Feb 28, 2019
@Bryanna almost everything is done but I have to wait till may 1st to apply visa file online as my husband's passport is expired and I just wanna make sure some things from you. Need your best advice as my husband just started his own business of transport with his brother from March 1, 2019, and he is co-signing the invitation letter with me but he doesn't have any savings but I have his employment letter and paystub from last 6 months which states that he's getting 7-8K per month . Do you think I should attach his bank statements too to show that he was getting paid although without any savings in account and If I have to show that he has his own business - the Business license will be fine? if not what other docs are required?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Bryanna almost everything is done but I have to wait till may 1st to apply visa file online as my husband's passport is expired and I just wanna make sure some things from you. Need your best advice as my husband just started his own business of transport with his brother from March 1, 2019, and he is co-signing the invitation letter with me but he doesn't have any savings but I have his employment letter and paystub from last 6 months which states that he's getting 7-8K per month . Do you think I should attach his bank statements too to show that he was getting paid although without any savings in account and If I have to show that he has his own business - the Business license will be fine? if not what other docs are required?
Do you have savings? Without savings it will be hard to get a supervisa. His business accounts will be viewed separately and don’t count as family savings.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Do you and your husband meet LICO either individually or together? And can prove it with your NOAs, employment letters, etc?

2. Do you have stable bank balance of at least CAD 10-15,000?

Reactions: canuck78