+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa application for Mother-in-Law - Zero ties to Philippines... What to do?

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
Hi there,my name is Rabia. I have come to US for a visit and i got a six months visa. Now there is a wedding coming in canada of a friend that i wish to attend. Can i apply for visit visa from USA. Also i am a citizen of pakistan nd hold a PR of student .. Does my PR makes me eligible for e-visa? Or i would just be needing an entry stamp to canada on the border aince i would be traveling by road. Please help me out and if i need to apply for visit visa where should i go ? Off? Form link?Im residing in chicago right now. Need help desperatly il be thankful if i could be guided.
you should probably start a new topic, this has nothing to do with my situation.

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
I was hoping there were other reasons to prove she must return to the Philippines.

It won't hurt to add this.

For the super visa, your finances are key. Your documents aren't the issue here.

It would be wise to wait and build a better visa application. Truly hope your wife would realize that her mom doesn't have a good application.

For your wedding too, your mom-in-law didn't have any chance of a TRV approval. That's why we had advised applying for your brother-in-law instead.

I still recommend waiting for another couple of months (at the least) after getting the paperwork sorted. Nonetheless, fingers crossed it works
Thanks for the reply, also thanks for the continued support, I really appreciate it. If anything else, I find talking to you about this as a sounding board because my wife and mother in law are having trouble seeing reason with this. I get it, they haven't seen each other in over 4 years, but what is a few extra months. Anyway, we are sorting out the papers for the store and house and will open a bank account. I will push them to wait as much as possible but I think it will be about 2 months before we apply for the super visa.

One question that I am trying to figure out the pros and cons of. Should we invite her here for over 6 months or just 3-4 months (for the Super Visa)?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for the reply, also thanks for the continued support, I really appreciate it. If anything else, I find talking to you about this as a sounding board because my wife and mother in law are having trouble seeing reason with this. I get it, they haven't seen each other in over 4 years, but what is a few extra months.
From your posts, I guess your wife is an emotional person. And, four years is a long time. I understand where your wife is coming from in her wanting to be with her mom asap. They've got a strong mother-daughter connection :)

Anyway, we are sorting out the papers for the store and house and will open a bank account. I will push them to wait as much as possible but I think it will be about 2 months before we apply for the super visa.
The Manila visa office is one of the few visa offices that considers the family emotional aspects in visa applications. I recommend submitting a paper application. Don't apply online.

Also, the joint invitation letter co-signed by your wife and yourself must have a bit of an emotional touch to it and mention why your wife wants to spend quality time with her mom. Don't make it too teary though LOL. And, please don't mention about your future babies :)

One question that I am trying to figure out the pros and cons of. Should we invite her here for over 6 months or just 3-4 months (for the Super Visa)?
If she's applying for a super visa then mention a stay of 8-9 months. Just maybe her mom will agree to staying longer

Reactions: joeythecat

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
From your posts, I guess your wife is an emotional person. And, four years is a long time. I understand where your wife is coming from in her wanting to be with her mom asap. They've got a strong mother-daughter connection :)

The Manila visa office is one of the few visa offices that considers the family emotional aspects in visa applications. I recommend submitting a paper application. Don't apply online.

Also, the joint invitation letter co-signed by your wife and yourself must have a bit of an emotional touch to it and mention why your wife wants to spend quality time with her mom. Don't make it too teary though LOL. And, please don't mention about your future babies :)

If she's applying for a super visa then mention a stay of 8-9 months. Just maybe her mom will agree to staying longer
I was thinking the same thing about the babies, it will look like she might come here to care for them.

If I apply for 8-9 months and she only stays for 4, that is ok right?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was thinking the same thing about the babies, it will look like she might come here to care for them.
I guess there are no babies on their way presently. Stating this would be not only incorrect but would seem like your mom-in-law will work illegally.

If I apply for 8-9 months and she only stays for 4, that is ok right?
That's okay. Travel plans and personal situations can change.

BTW she must include a small explanation about who will manage the store *temporarily* when she is away

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
I guess there are no babies on their way presently. Stating this would be not only incorrect but would seem like your mom-in-law will work illegally.

That's okay. Travel plans and personal situations can change.

BTW she must include a small explanation about who will manage the store *temporarily* when she is away
This is a good point, thanks for that.

No babies on the way yet...

Last edited:

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
@Bryanna Just asking your thoughts. I have worked hard and got my mother in laws business papers legit now. Shhe has a business license as well as she is the power of attourney for the house. We also have papers from honda to show she is making payments on a motorcycle. We also added her to my brother in laws bank account as a joint account.

With all of this, would it be better to apply for a regular travel visa first and see what happens. if she gets denied then we can try for the super visa?

my main question is, if she gets denied for a regular visa, how will that effect the super visa application?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I recently heard of someone from the PH who applied for a super visa but was granted a regular TRV. IMO it wouldn’t hurt to go for the super visa so long as your requirements are complete and legitimate, and IRCC may still decide to issue a regular TRV, but let’s see what Bryanna will advise. I’m not as well-versed with super visas.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@bellaluna and @joeythecat

IMO, a TRV would be better for one reason:
All your hard work (and not to forget, if we factor in the costs for the medicals, insurance, etc for a super visa) would be lost because she would like to stay for just 3-4 months on the initial entry.

That said, go slow.... IMO, it's not wise to apply at this point in time even for a TRV. I can empathize with your wife and your MIL because they miss each other terribly, but waiting for another 3-4 months will prove that the business license + other paperwork was not prepared for the TRV application

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
@bellaluna and @joeythecat

IMO, a TRV would be better for one reason:
All your hard work (and not to forget, if we factor in the costs for the medicals, insurance, etc for a super visa) would be lost because she would like to stay for just 3-4 months on the initial entry.

That said, go slow.... IMO, it's not wise to apply at this point in time even for a TRV. I can empathize with your wife and your MIL because they miss each other terribly, but waiting for another 3-4 months will prove that the business license + other paperwork was not prepared for the TRV application
that is a good point but the paperwork had to have current dates on it, it just happened that the license had to be updated this past month and will expire next june. The bank account however has a short history to it, only a month.

I just want to know if we go for the visitor visa and it gets denied, at least we will see why and can correct it for the supervisa. or is getting denied a really bad thing to do before the super visa?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
that is a good point but the paperwork had to have current dates on it,
This is okay.

My point is: One cannot register a business today and apply for a TRV tomorrow (okay, not exactly tomorrow) and show the business as an *actively trading* business.

The bank account however has a short history to it, only a month.
That's the reason why I have suggested waiting for a few months before applying so that there's 4-6 months' of bank transactions in that account.

I just want to know if we go for the visitor visa and it gets denied, at least we will see why and can correct it for the supervisa. or is getting denied a really bad thing to do before the super visa?
Think positively. Just maybe she will be approved for the TRV :)

But, why take this 'trial-and-error' approach?

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
This is okay.

My point is: One cannot register a business today and apply for a TRV tomorrow (okay, not exactly tomorrow) and show the business as an *actively trading* business.

That's the reason why I have suggested waiting for a few months before applying so that there's 4-6 months' of bank transactions in that account.

Think positively. Just maybe she will be approved for the TRV :)

But, why take this 'trial-and-error' approach?

We have decided to wait as long as possible before applying for a regular TRV, hopefully she can come here and spend Christmas and new years with us. How much money should we be putting in the account? They have no money to put in, so I have been sending money to my brother in laws account, he is taking it out and depositing cash into my mother in laws account. We want to build up a good looking bank account, but obviously we need to keep it realistic.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We have decided to wait as long as possible before applying for a regular TRV, hopefully she can come here and spend Christmas and new years with us.
That's a good idea.

How much money should we be putting in the account? They have no money to put in, so I have been sending money to my brother in laws account, he is taking it out and depositing cash into my mother in laws account. We want to build up a good looking bank account, but obviously we need to keep it realistic.
Like you've said, it must be realistic to match typical incomes earned from the business

joeythecat

Jun 16, 2016
@Bryanna Sorry to drag you back into this but I need some advice. We were planning on applying to have her come here for Christmas for about 3-4 weeks on a regular visa as we are building up her bank account and waiting for a few more months. well, turns out my wife is pregnant and due in mid april and we would obviously want her here for the birth of her first grandchild. How should we go about doing this? I read before that it is not good to mention pregnancy, but what can we do.

Also if we were to apply for a regular visa, she might only be able to stay for 3-4 weeks, but now we might want her here longer. would it be best now to apply for the super visa? ugh, our child is a real blessing, but now I feel so much pressure to get her here for the birth...

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna Sorry to drag you back into this but I need some advice. We were planning on applying to have her come here for Christmas for about 3-4 weeks on a regular visa as we are building up her bank account and waiting for a few more months. well, turns out my wife is pregnant and due in mid april and we would obviously want her here for the birth of her first grandchild. How should we go about doing this? I read before that it is not good to mention pregnancy, but what can we do.

Also if we were to apply for a regular visa, she might only be able to stay for 3-4 weeks, but now we might want her here longer. would it be best now to apply for the super visa? ugh, our child is a real blessing, but now I feel so much pressure to get her here for the birth...
Such wonderful news. Congratulations :):)

Now that there's a baby on the way, you can consider applying for a super visa for your mom-in-law so she can stay longer. Hopefully for up to two years. She can demonstrate the same strong ties that she was building up for the TRV.

Do post the list of documents + changed circumstances, etc before you apply. IMO, it's too early to apply