+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa 2020 timelines please

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
What acknowledgement mail did you get right after submitting webform?

I used email IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and it worked very well for me, I got medical request after few days of mailing.
So, the thing in our case is we did medicals upfront, which was updated on portal on Jul 21, 2021. We sent the exemption email on Aug 5, 2021 though. The acknowledgment email we got came right after, have pasted it below. What we got as reply 3 days ago was what the other person has posted above- "We have received your enquiry...."

Acknowledgment email:

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

*** This message is an automated reply, which is unable to receive replies***

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your email. We will contact you within 14 business days after receiving a complete request. Some cases may fall outside these processing times if they are not complete or require further verification. Please read the information below to make sure your request is complete and to avoid delays.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1. What is the purpose of this mailbox?
To process requests from those who require written authorization to reunite with a family member in Canada, or who are eligible to travel to Canada under a travel exemption and require priority processing of a visitor visa application in progress. This is not a channel to request more information about the new testing or quarantine measures for travellers. To obtain more details about public health requirements for travellers, visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website.

2. Does everyone receive a response to their request? No, you will receive a response only if you need a written authorization from IRCC to travel or if you are exempt from a travel restrictions and wish to inform us you have a visitor visa application in process. Any other type of enquiries will not be answered.

3. How do I know if I need a written authorization from IRCC? Visit the Travel restrictions in Canada webpage to confirm if it is required in your situation. See below the most common situations where a written authorization is not necessary. If you are:

• A Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident returning to Canada
  • an immediate family member of a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act
  • an immediate family member of a temporary resident travelling from the United States
  • If you already have a Public Health Agency of Canada letter for a compassionate travel and already hold valid visitor visa or eTA or do not require one
If you are in one of the above situations, you do not need to wait for a response. Visit our Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) webpage to see the most up-to-date instructions to plan your travel.

4. How do I make sure I sent a complete request? Consult the chart on the next page below to make sure all the required information was included in your email.

5. I just realized I forgot to include some documents, can I send another email? Yes, but make sure you gather all the required information and supporting documents (initial and new) and send them all in one new email only. If you send us multiple emails with different information, your request will be delayed and may be refused.

6. Once my complete request is sent, should I send another email to follow-up on my request? No, there is no need to send another request. If you received this automatic response, you can rest assured that we received your request. We understand your need for making travel arrangements but we are working through the requests as quickly as possible. If you have sent a complete request and need a written authorization, there is no need to worry, we will respond as soon as we reach your request.

7. Can my family member in Canada send the request on my behalf? If you are a foreign national wishing to come to Canada, you should send your own request and include the email address associated with your IRCC account, if you have one. If a request comes from a different email address we cannot respond unless you provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to authorize the person to act on your behalf.

8. I have a permanent resident application already approved, can I enter Canada? If you are outside Canada, you can’t come to Canada to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and land as a permanent resident right now. You may be able to come only if: your COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 or you are exempt from the travel restrictions. Please continue to monitor the Immigration applicants web page for updates.

Information to include in your request based on your situation

If you are a foreign national who is:
Description
Information to include in your emailDocuments to include in your email

An immediate family member of a Temporary Resident (temporary worker, student, etc.) traveling from any other country than the United States

Immediate family member
Spouse or common-law partner
Dependent children
Dependent children of dependent children
Parents or step-parents
Parents or step-parents of spouse or common-law partner
Guardian or tutor
*Your full name
*Your date of birth
*Your passport number
*Your detailed purpose of visit
*Your travel dates and your expected duration of stay
*The country where you currently live
*Your relationship to the person in Canada
*The status of your family member in Canada (worker, student, etc.)

*A copy of the immigration status document of your family member in Canada (copy of their work permit, student permit, etc.)

*Proof of relationship with your immediate family member in Canada (copy of a marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.)

*Do not include personal photos

An extended family member of a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act travelling from any country

Extended family member
An individual who is 18 years old or older, in an exclusive dating relationship with the person (who is also 18 years of age or older), has been in such a relationship for at least one year and has spent time in the physical presence of the person during the course of the relationship
The dependent child of the person in an exclusive dating relationship
An adult child (non-dependent child) of the person, of their spouse or common-law partner or of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
A grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent child) of the person, of the person’s spouse, of the person’s common-law partner, or of someone who is in an exclusive dating relationship with the person
A sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
A grandparent of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner

*Your full name
*Your date of birth
*Your passport number
*Your relationship with your family member in Canada
*The status of your family member in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act)
*If the person you’re trying to reunite with in Canada is 18 years of age or older, the Application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006) (PDF, 2.2 MB) must be used.

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
So, the thing in our case is we did medicals upfront, which was updated on portal on Jul 21, 2021. We sent the exemption email on Aug 5, 2021 though. The acknowledgment email we got came right after, have pasted it below. What we got as reply 3 days ago was what the other person has posted above- "We have received your enquiry...."

Acknowledgment email:

UN MESSAGE EN FRANÇAIS SUIVRA.

*** This message is an automated reply, which is unable to receive replies***

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have received your email. We will contact you within 14 business days after receiving a complete request. Some cases may fall outside these processing times if they are not complete or require further verification. Please read the information below to make sure your request is complete and to avoid delays.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1. What is the purpose of this mailbox?
To process requests from those who require written authorization to reunite with a family member in Canada, or who are eligible to travel to Canada under a travel exemption and require priority processing of a visitor visa application in progress. This is not a channel to request more information about the new testing or quarantine measures for travellers. To obtain more details about public health requirements for travellers, visit the Public Health Agency of Canada website.

2. Does everyone receive a response to their request? No, you will receive a response only if you need a written authorization from IRCC to travel or if you are exempt from a travel restrictions and wish to inform us you have a visitor visa application in process. Any other type of enquiries will not be answered.

3. How do I know if I need a written authorization from IRCC? Visit the Travel restrictions in Canada webpage to confirm if it is required in your situation. See below the most common situations where a written authorization is not necessary. If you are:

• A Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident returning to Canada
  • an immediate family member of a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act
  • an immediate family member of a temporary resident travelling from the United States
  • If you already have a Public Health Agency of Canada letter for a compassionate travel and already hold valid visitor visa or eTA or do not require one
If you are in one of the above situations, you do not need to wait for a response. Visit our Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) webpage to see the most up-to-date instructions to plan your travel.

4. How do I make sure I sent a complete request? Consult the chart on the next page below to make sure all the required information was included in your email.

5. I just realized I forgot to include some documents, can I send another email? Yes, but make sure you gather all the required information and supporting documents (initial and new) and send them all in one new email only. If you send us multiple emails with different information, your request will be delayed and may be refused.

6. Once my complete request is sent, should I send another email to follow-up on my request? No, there is no need to send another request. If you received this automatic response, you can rest assured that we received your request. We understand your need for making travel arrangements but we are working through the requests as quickly as possible. If you have sent a complete request and need a written authorization, there is no need to worry, we will respond as soon as we reach your request.

7. Can my family member in Canada send the request on my behalf? If you are a foreign national wishing to come to Canada, you should send your own request and include the email address associated with your IRCC account, if you have one. If a request comes from a different email address we cannot respond unless you provide a Use of a Representative (IMM 5476) form to authorize the person to act on your behalf.

8. I have a permanent resident application already approved, can I enter Canada? If you are outside Canada, you can’t come to Canada to validate your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) and land as a permanent resident right now. You may be able to come only if: your COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020 or you are exempt from the travel restrictions. Please continue to monitor the Immigration applicants web page for updates.

Information to include in your request based on your situation

If you are a foreign national who is:
Description
Information to include in your emailDocuments to include in your email

An immediate family member of a Temporary Resident (temporary worker, student, etc.) traveling from any other country than the United States

Immediate family member
Spouse or common-law partner
Dependent children
Dependent children of dependent children
Parents or step-parents
Parents or step-parents of spouse or common-law partner
Guardian or tutor
*Your full name
*Your date of birth
*Your passport number
*Your travel dates and your expected duration of stay
*Your relationship to the person in Canada
*The status of your family member in Canada (worker, student, etc.)

*A copy of the immigration status document of your family member in Canada (copy of their work permit, student permit, etc.)

*Proof of relationship with your immediate family member in Canada (copy of a marriage certificate, birth certificate, etc.)

*Do not include personal photos

An extended family member of a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident or a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act travelling from any country

Extended family member
An individual who is 18 years old or older, in an exclusive dating relationship with the person (who is also 18 years of age or older), has been in such a relationship for at least one year and has spent time in the physical presence of the person during the course of the relationship
The dependent child of the person in an exclusive dating relationship
An adult child (non-dependent child) of the person, of their spouse or common-law partner or of the person in the exclusive dating relationship
A grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent child) of the person, of the person’s spouse, of the person’s common-law partner, or of someone who is in an exclusive dating relationship with the person
A sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
A grandparent of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner

*Your full name
*Your date of birth
*Your passport number
*Your relationship with your family member in Canada
*The status of your family member in Canada (Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, a person registered under Canada’s Indian Act)
*If the person you’re trying to reunite with in Canada is 18 years of age or older, the Application for authorization and statutory declaration (IMM 0006) (PDF, 2.2 MB) must be used.
This seems alright, they may be working on your application then.

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
same here. This thing worked for me as well. My parents (supervisa) they got medical request today ?
How long usually take to get medical passed usually ?
What will be time to have PPR after medical got passed ?
It got passed in 12 days. But you can't be so sure on that. It takes a month also sometimes.

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
This seems alright, they may be working on your application then.
Thanks for reading through.

The thing is that application was submitted in Aug 2020.

Biometrics were done in Dec 2020 (biometric information posted on portal but status still says that we have not received your fingerprints.

Medicals in Jun 2021, updated in Jul 2021.

And nothing since. Not even reply to my question why does it say fingerprints not received when at the bottom of the same page on application portal, it is showing Biometrics Enrolment num, date of Expiry etc.

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
Thanks for reading through.

The thing is that application was submitted in Aug 2020.

Biometrics were done in Dec 2020 (biometric information posted on portal but status still says that we have not received your fingerprints.

Medicals in Jun 2021, updated in Jul 2021.

And nothing since. Not even reply to my question why does it say fingerprints not received when at the bottom of the same page on application portal, it is showing Biometrics Enrolment num, date of Expiry etc.
Seems like some glitch, beyond my knowledge.

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
Did you get passport request or still waiting ?
How many days passed after medical as of today ?
My timeline:

Application submitted: 02/12/20 Biometrics submitted: 02/07/21 Medical request: 22/07/21 Medical submitted: 03/08/21 Additional Medical request: 16/08/21 PPR: 25/08/21

np1610

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
My timeline:

Application submitted: 02/12/20 Biometrics submitted: 02/07/21 Medical request: 22/07/21 Medical submitted: 03/08/21 Additional Medical request: 16/08/21 PPR: 25/08/21
hi Jeet

did you submit "proof of medical exam"via webform or send email after medical ?

what can you suggest or I just need fo wait and watch for PPR now ?

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
hi Jeet

did you submit "proof of medical exam"via webform or send email after medical ?

what can you suggest or I just need fo wait and watch for PPR now ?
There's no need to submit medical exam proof when you get medical request letter. It got passed within 9 days for my mother first and then for father automatically.

Yes, just pls wait

Reactions: np1610

dejavu89

Mar 6, 2019
After rising webform for travel exemption for parents, did you get any email from IRCC stating that your parents are exempted. Because I got email as below not sure if you got same email or what ?

""
September 1, 2021

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada ""
Did you send priority email from the email address of your parent (basically the email of the application) or from yourself (the sponsor)?

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
You have to send them a mail or submit a webform to prioritize, they won't work on this until you do this. I did submit for my parents and within 20 days got Medical request.

For immediate members, no authorization letter is required. That's required for extended members.
Hi @Jeet221990

I understood that, the PRIORITIZE email should be sent by the applicant (my mother). However, what would be the subject for this email. Will she write, "request to prioritize my application" or something alike? what would be the attachment (vaccination cert, proof of relation & support letter?)

Could you please provide a simple outline for this email?

g452

Sep 21, 2021
Hi,

My parent's supervisa applied in Sep 2020 and Biometrics were completed on Aug 12, 2021. The reason we mentioned in Super visa application was my wife is pregnant and expecting child in March 2021. Now that baby is born, should we just mention that parents wants to see grand kids or something to prioritize the application? Appreciate your help.

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
Is medical mandatory for supervisa?