+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa 2020 timelines please

np1610

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
You have to send them a mail or submit a webform to prioritise, they won't work on this until you do this. I did submit for my parents and within 20 days got Medical request.

For immediate members, no authorisation letter is required. That's required for extended members.
I have sent through webform with attached letter ( support letter, my passport, PR).. is it enough ?

or share me what I have to do ? I mean what should i include ?

np1610

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
You have to send them a mail or submit a webform to prioritise, they won't work on this until you do this. I did submit for my parents and within 20 days got Medical request.

For immediate members, no authorisation letter is required. That's required for extended members.
Hi, I have already tried through webform as I have attached letter which indicate ( Supporting letter, my passport(for relationship), My PR, Parents information). Is it right way to do ? Share your insights in order to help me. So I can submit again through email or webform...

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
Thank you. I will also keep you posted. How long does it take to get response after sending email to that email address ?
They claim 14 business days, so expect reply on the 13th/14th business day only (3rd week from now)

Reactions: np1610

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India

Can you elaborate on immediate members vs extended members?

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022

np1610

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018

Hello ,

I have received below email for my parents :::: Can you confirm that you have faced same situation and then after you get medical request for parents ??

"September 1, 2021

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada"

np1610

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
If you go to the IRCC website and check the Covid-19 updates section, you'll find instructions for those who already have submitted an application. You can send an email since you parents are exempt (email address provided on the website and details of what the email should include).
My parents had an application submitted back in March and after we sent that email in June (right after family members exemption), we received Medical request 2 days after.
However, their medical was passed in June and we still have no updates ever since! So things are super slow and frustrating!
After rising webform for travel exemption for parents, did you get any email from IRCC stating that your parents are exempted. Because I got email as below not sure if you got same email or what ?

""
September 1, 2021

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada ""

misstchopra23

Star Member
Feb 18, 2018
New Delhi, India
Hello ,

I have received below email for my parents :::: Can you confirm that you have faced same situation and then after you get medical request for parents ??

"September 1, 2021

Good day,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada"
I got the same reply. Don't know what this infers to.

Reactions: VaishaliAkilesh

np1610

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018