+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa 2020 timelines please

Lljm

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2017
My parents applied for super visa online from Qatar.
-Application submitted: 10 March
-Biometric request: 11 March (they did biometrics on 15th March)
-Biometric completed on the account: 16 March for my father and 17 March for my mother.
-Medical Request and Additional Documents request: 12 June (They had sent an email to IRCC on 10 June after the announcement of exemption of immediate family members from travel restrictions - letter from us and proof of relationship included in the email) They submitted additional documents same day and did their medical the next day . The additional documents requested were an Updated Employment Letter from host and NOA.
-Medical passed: 22 June

Nothing ever since.. waiting with fingers crossed

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
My parents applied for Supervisa on March 12 and completed biometrics on March 18 since then no update. More than 4 months now. I dont see any progress at all.
We sent the exemptions email on June 24th didnt hear anything on that. I dont think they are going to process anything until end of this year.
We sent web form they responded in 2 days but again a standard copy paste email due to covid 19 we cannot process any applications.
Basically nothing is moving except the estimation time keeps on increasing on weekly update.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
don't worry about anything until Christmas. just continue with your life in the meantime. IRCC govt employees are have a blast using Covid as an excuse.
Many were actually reassigned and working on CERB so they weren’t doing nothing. No most immigrations are coming back online.

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
UPDATE MY FRIENDS: My parents received medicals today for their supervisa application. A big relief for us. I wish you all good luck with your applications.

Reactions: marienne_20

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I'm thinking to apply for my mother Supper visa, we were rejected in 2018 for various reasons including not having enough times in home country

Now that income is just above the threshold number for IRCC, and also we're expecting a baby in December 2020. We are thinking to apply now fro the SuperVisa, but not sure when to start the insurance coverage, should we make it from now until July 2021 or we start it closer to the delivery date around December 1st, 2020. Should we also apply now for the visa or wait for the backlogs.

Also, what documentation should we included other than the NOA, insurance and birth certificate?

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks

santa147

Sep 18, 2018
Hi everyone,
I applied supervisa for my mother on 7 July and still waiting for medical exam request. (From Vietnam) She already had biometrics because she applied normal visitor visa 2 times and got refused.

I had another question that may be related to this topic, otherwise admin please tell me to create a new topic!
I want to apply supervisa for my father too but when I started the process on cic, it doesn't generate the list for super visa although I answered all of their questions to be able to submit a supervisa! (like visit, stay more than 6 months, have child who is PR). They say my father need a visitor visa- more than 6 months. Does it exist? The list required doesn't look like the one I had with my mom, they did not ask for insurance neither the proof of income from inviting child.

I sent a technical request to ask but surely, they take (a lot) time to feedback so I want to check with you guys here if anyone having the same issue?

santa147

Sep 18, 2018
Hello,

Now that income is just above the threshold number for IRCC, and also we're expecting a baby in December 2020. We are thinking to apply now fro the SuperVisa, but not sure when to start the insurance coverage, should we make it from now until July 2021 or we start it closer to the delivery date around December 1st, 2020. Should we also apply now for the visa or wait for the backlogs.
Hi,
In my case, I applied for my mother and mentionned that she will come in January (I'm expecting too!)
So I bought insurance starting from January. If she want (and she is able to) come early we can easily change it to like December 2020 later.

I would suggest to start the insurance a bit late (now they say 5 months processing for supervisa from my home country - Vietnam) so better to start it late - then move it forward later, rather than buy it on time and then will it be difficult to change once you pass the starting date?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just warning those pregnant women, a family can not quarantine with you because pregnant women are more vulnerable and could end up going to the hospital. A separate suite in the basement is likely possible and your partner should avoid bringing them home from the hospital.